Newark to SDQ, Who’s Best?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
For years we’ve flown AA from Philly, but WW just told me their only direct flight lands almost midnight now. By the time we’d get home, it would be very late, plus we don’t want to ask a family member to be driving back home to SD at 2 a.m., not safe.

That leaves us with connecting flights out of Atlantic City, going down isn’t bad, but coming home is 10 hours. Nope. So we’re looking at Newark for the first time, over 2 hours away but at least flights are direct.

Who’s your favorite carrier out of EWR?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
For years we’ve flown AA from Philly, but WW just told me their only direct flight lands almost midnight now. By the time we’d get home, it would be very late, plus we don’t want to ask a family member to be driving back home to SD at 2 a.m., not safe.

That leaves us with connecting flights out of Atlantic City, going down isn’t bad, but coming home is 10 hours. Nope. So we’re looking at Newark for the first time, over 2 hours away but at least flights are direct.

Who’s your favorite carrier out of EWR?

From EWR actually are Flying Jetblue and United, Spirit is going out of the rout in March 10 but Frontier will start from EWR same day. So if you flown before with Jetblue or United service will be the same. United has 3 flights a day so if you are looking best time to arrive maybe you should take a look to United.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
From EWR actually are Flying Jetblue and United, Spirit is going out of the rout in March 10 but Frontier will start from EWR same day. So if you flown before with Jetblue or United service will be the same. United has 3 flights a day so if you are looking best time to arrive maybe you should take a look to United.

Thanks, haven’t flown with either, we’ve been hard core AA people for decades, after they discontinued the direct jfk flights we switched to philly. We used to leave our car at my brother’s house on LI. The one time we flew from EWR was on Continental, so you know that was a long time ago, haha.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
You might as well fly out of JFK which is right across the Hudson river. Out of Newark I prefer United but I love Delta which I fly every other week back and forth to the Capitol.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
AE I too have always flown AA. From SDQ now flights go through MIA to EWR, which I do not care for. Honestly I prefer Jet Blue over United. However out of EWR non-stops are limited. I find myself going to JFK and using Delta or Jet Blue when I am on the East Coast. Out of EWR both United and Jet Blue leave very early in the am if I recall.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
AE I too have always flown AA. From SDQ now flights go through MIA to EWR, which I do not care for. Honestly I prefer Jet Blue over United. However out of EWR non-stops are limited. I find myself going to JFK and using Delta or Jet Blue when I am on the East Coast. Out of EWR both United and Jet Blue leave very early in the am if I recall.

Now United has 3 flights a day, Departs from EWR are 12:20 am, 10:29 am and 2:46 pm, Jetblue in June will add a 2nd. flight but the actual also depart arround Midnight, and Spirit too, soon will be replaced by frontier.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Now United has 3 flights a day, Departs from EWR are 12:20 am, 10:29 am and 2:46 pm, Jetblue in June will add a 2nd. flight but the actual also depart arround Midnight, and Spirit too, soon will be replaced by frontier.

Just booked the 10.29 am flight for this weekend, Business Class was only about $70 more so we went with that. Includes 2 suitcases each, 70 pounds. Not that we have anything to bring, we usually travel with only carryons......but we’ll find something :laugh: