General Strike (Huelga)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
so should I work tomorrow or not? I am still confused. No one is concerned in my area and life seems normal. I think i will go to work in my old car tomorrow, just in case.
AZB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
so should I work tomorrow or not? I am still confused. No one is concerned in my area and life seems normal. I think i will go to work in my old car tomorrow, just in case.
AZB

I'm currently here in Michigan contemplating whether I should change my reservation to Santiago. My flight arrives about 5:00 PM tomorrow and I would hate to get there and no be able to make it to Cotui....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I'm currently here in Michigan contemplating whether I should change my reservation to Santiago. My flight arrives about 5:00 PM tomorrow and I would hate to get there and no be able to make it to Cotui....

The road leading to cotui can become quite deserted and long at night especially when there are hot spots of huelgas along the way.

Just come, if things get out of hands, you sleep in my house.
PM me if you need my numbers and address.
AZB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I should take my son to school today or not. Los Jardines is not exactly a "hot spot" but his school uses any excuse they can to do less work and a huelga (note correct spelling) is right up their ally.

I guess I'll call them later on.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HUMMMMMM, that's "Alley" Mike...hehehe Ally is a friend, like me!

Fear of damage is the main cause people are slow to move about. Many of the "conchos are not working. Gee, I wonder who will get them their dinner tonight??

As far as the PUCMM is concerned, there is no huega, but non-attending students will not be marked absent on the attendance sheets and the math Department postponed their III Monthly tests. I told my kids that we'd do our quiz on 1920s and 30s on Monday. No use stressing them out any more than they are.

None of the kids from Mao, Esperanza, Navarrete, Licey, Moca or La Vega are expected this morning. Perhaps, as the day wears on, there will be more and clearer information and more kids will come in in the afternoon...

No violence reported on the early morning talking heads...

HB

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Huelga report, downtown Santo Domingo.
Less traffic on the streets, couple of cops walking around, everything is quiet. The tigres are probably still asleep our out looking for old tires.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't been out this morning, Mr C took Chirimoyito to school, and they haven't come home so I'm concluding that classes are on as normal.

This morning's paper said that there hadn't been a favourable public response to the planned huelga, and that it is likely to be a flop.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
All my employees arrived safely and without incident from La Union to La Mulatta Road. No sign of any problems and the air is fresh and clean this morning...no burning tires!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Looks like my employees are all going to show up, and one of them is probably going to do it twice since he came in wearing unacceptable attire.

Sent my son to school on a OMSA bus, when I called they said that they were indeed having classes. Amazing. This is a school that has all-day recess twice a month just to get the teachers together for a meeting.

HB, I would go back and edit my typo, but then your post would look out of place and I don't want to do that to you. :)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I've called around to some friends here in Puerto Plata, it appears there are no problems in the area. If I hear of anything I will post.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
MrMike said:
he came in wearing unacceptable attire

My imagination is running riot. ;)

Just spoke to a friend who lives in Alma Rosa (Zona Oriental). She said that things seemed normal but that her kids' school was closed.

The slightest excuse, as ever.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
My imagination is running riot. ;)

Well we have a lot of employees who fancy themselves rappers, gangsters, pimps and whatnot and we find that requiring them to dress like normal people helps them to behave normally as well.

Collared shirt requirement and no headgear allowed raises the overall education and IQ level in the workplace. It is so effective in fact that we are quoting complete uniforms.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
On a more serious note, Mr C has just come in from the big wide world and says that everything seems normal out there (Central Santo Domingo).

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
There goes my leopardskin posing pouch fantasy.

Send me a picture, maybe we'll make it part of the uniform ;)

Editted to add:

OMFG!!! damn you Google image search, damn you to hell! Got to re-enable safe-search ASAP!

Didn't know what a posing pouch was, ran a quick image search and I think I need to go and wash my eyeballs!

DO NOT SEND ANY PICTURES!!!!

Last edited: