Interpol Takes No Shyte.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thinking about the article about the Italian mafia and the Russian mafia got me thinking about what other undesirables could come here. Remember Manuel Noriega? Due for release in September.
Federal Bureau of Prisons

There are those who feel he won't return to Panama because of outstanding charges/terms of imprisonment. There are some who feel he'll come here because of his daughter.
Noriega's return to Panama ruled out

On this one scroll down a bit:
Sirias, Will General Noriega return to Panama?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And another one! This time the SD Fiscal saying PN theories on Ceballos case are wrong.
Procurador adjunto acus? al Jefe de la Polic?a de desvirtuar muerte de Ceballos Pe?al?
As time goes by, and those involved have a chance to twist and reconfigure their stories to their advantage, the one detail that discredits their accounts of the events, is the fact that the cops opened fire and assassinated Ceballo.
Show me a guy who is willing to admit that they intentionally murdered Ceballo, and I might believe the rest of his story.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
-What do you guys make of that post, made yesterday on the board, by the dominican from Miami ?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
How to win friends!!!

The plaint of the Ceballos family has been declared inadmissable by assistant Fiscal Angel A. Castillo Tejada, according to El Nacional. This decision can be appealed. The Attorney General said he supports this inadmissability decision even though he has yet to read it. Reasons for dismissal of plaint are that it did not contain the required documentary evidence and details; the family says the Procuradoria already has this.

El Nacional, la voz de todos

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The plaint of the Ceballos family has been declared inadmissable by assistant Fiscal Angel A. Castillo Tejada, according to El Nacional. This decision can be appealed. The Attorney General said he supports this inadmissability decision even though he has yet to read it. Reasons for dismissal of plaint are that it did not contain the required documentary evidence and details; the family says the Procuradoria already has this.

El Nacional, la voz de todos
In other words, they have no intention of playing fair, and intend on making it as difficult as possible, until the issue fades away....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
In other words, they have no intention of playing fair, and intend on making it as difficult as possible, until the issue fades away....

I hope people won't mind an opinion at this stage, rather than me posting summaries of developments as seen through reports in the papers, but I do think the decision to declare the plaint inadmissable is simply bad PR (quite apart from what else it might be!) and I hope it gets overturned on appeal. At the very least I think the Ceballos family should be allowed their day in Court, even if they don't win in the end. Even if the assistant Fiscal is technically legally correct in his decision one could understand why the family does not want to hand over the evidence they have at this stage. That evidence would probably be more appropriate for the Supreme Court if the plaint is heard? Furthermore for the AG to say he supports the decision without having read it could lead to mistaken (?) conclusions that he is complicit in something or other. That is an ill-advised position to put oneself in, if one is all clear and above board.

Two other pieces of info which may be totally unrelated. One of the people named in the plaint, Fanny Cervantes, Head of the Appeal Court has been retired. I've seen her in action and would not doubt her ability and integrity at all. I was surprised she was named in the plaint (she issued the order to arrest Ceballos & was not involved in the arrest/killing) but maybe she had evidence the family wanted brought out in the open? It appears her retirement was expected.
.: Peri?dico El Faro?Edici?n Digital :.
Secondly, something unexpected, the transferring of Puerto Plata Police Chief (PN not DNCD) to La Vega.
Puerto Plata Digital

Finally, not unexpected at all the areas of El Tabl?n, La Piedra, Maranatha and Sos?a Abajo are witnessing protests again. The threat is that these will continue until this killing is clarified. Stay safe those of you in these areas.
Puerto Plata Digital

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Finally, not unexpected at all the areas of El Tabl?n, La Piedra, Maranatha and Sos?a Abajo are witnessing protests again. The threat is that these will continue until this killing is clarified. Stay safe those of you in these areas.
Puerto Plata Digital
It must have been very subdued or maybe it happened really late lastnight.
I will check it out and get back with info.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If anything happened, it must have been really tiny, or a fig newton of someone's imagination.
I've driven through those areas myself, yesterday, and all is and has been, calm.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good. Long may it continue. If I see any more of these reports I'll send them to you for checking first............;)
Or you can go ahead and post them and if there's something amiss, I'll reply.
Your follow ups are invaluable.

It is somewhat mysterious that an article would go into print, talking about a non existent huelga/demonstration.
Everybody's got an agenda.:paranoid:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It is somewhat mysterious that an article would go into print, talking about a non existent huelga/demonstration.
Everybody's got an agenda.:paranoid:

It could even be a call to huelga in future, although I'm not exactly sure how many in Sosua Abajo read Puerto Plata Digital!! And I checked the Editorial Board and they're not members of FALPO...........:laugh:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
...Mirador, I've seen that connection made in a blog somewhere, but can't recall where now.

Actually, none of the bloggers has made the connection, and you will never find it, but it is because of the connection that both cases, albeit unrelated, will never be brought to justice...