Interpol Takes No Shyte.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
More Druggy Shyte?

We had the unfortunate bad luck, to come across two dead bodies on the highway, coming out of POP lastnight, after leaving the Chinese restaurant.
Crowds were starting to gather, and police arriving at the scene, just as we were going by.
The two young lads lay out on the road, in a pool of blood.
Not a pretty sight.
This online report, says they were working for one of the POP drug dealers.
Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The location of that hit wasn't exactly 'hidden away' in a barrio, was it? Not quite broad daylight but certainly the main highway. One of the two had a rap sheet. There's another report of the same thing here. It says the photos have been reduced in size to avoid wounding sensitivities.
Puerto Plata Digital

Unfortunately it wasn't the only killing in PP last night. A 69 year old Belgian, Roger Baenden was killed & his 40 year old son seriously injured in a robbery where theives stole 25,000 pesos cash. No mention of a drug connection in this report.
El Nuevo Diario

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The location of that hit wasn't exactly 'hidden away' in a barrio, was it?
The part I don't get, is that, they were supposedly shot down in a drive by shooting, while driving a motorbike.
The report says they were handcuffed.
Does this mean the assaillants got out of their vehicle after killing them, and handcuffed them?
For what purpose?
Surely, they couldn't have been driving, while handcuffed....

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
The part I don't get, is that, they were supposedly shot down in a drive by shooting, while driving a motorbike.
Does this mean the assaillants got out of their vehicle after killing them, and handcuffed them?
For what purpose?

That part didn't make sense to me, either !:ermm:

Where exactly did this happen, I thought it said Atlantico when I breezing through the report?

Marlie

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
For what purpose?

It also says they had been followed and that a passing journalist saw the assailants to be wearing bullet proof vests inscribed Policia Nacional so...........maybe join the dots?

Marlie, Rocky can give precise location but yes, on highway near Atlantico, not far from Coca Cola plant and Costa Dorada. If that wasn't here in your day, remember the building with 'Horses For Rent' written on the roof?

I've also got a question about the Belgian's murder. Is barrio Madre Vieja in Sosua? Because I don't know of a barrio Madre Vieja in PP town so maybe article is referring to PP province?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Don't read if you get grossed out easily.

Marlie, Rocky can give precise location but yes, on highway near Atlantico, not far from Coca Cola plant and Costa Dorada. If that wasn't here in your day, remember the building with 'Horses For Rent' written on the roof?
Approx. 2 minutes East of the stadium traffic circle.
They were lying in the street, some odd 5 to 10 feet from the curb.
The highway there is taking a gentle bend to the left, if any of that helps you pinpoint the location.
I wasn't paying attention to the exact landmarks, as it was bit gruesome, still spewing blood, and all.
We could not see their motorbike, and the two laid very close to each other, head to head, like this __ __.

Is barrio Madre Vieja in Sosua? Because I don't know of a barrio Madre Vieja in PP town so maybe article is referring to PP province?
Madre Vieja is North of Sosua, reachable by going through La Maranatha and Bella Vista, and is actually closer to Jamao, than Sosua.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The highway there is taking a gentle bend to the left, if any of that helps you pinpoint the location......................

Madre Vieja is North of Sosua, reachable by going through La Maranatha and Bella Vista, and is actually closer to Jamao, than Sosua.

Thanks, that means the Belgian, Roger Baenden, was killed in his home north of Sosua.

And yes, the gentle bend to the left locates it at exactly where I said to Marlie: outside Atlantica near entrance to 'Horses for Rent', Coca Cola bottling plant, Dinorah's liquidation shop, Marapica and Castillo del Ambar apartments.

Nuria now has obtained recordings in the Ceballos case btw. Click on
La Otra Cara del Fiscal de Sosua Te?dulo Ceballos Pe?al? for video. She also has the earlier video of protests, Teresa Acosta's evidence etc: click on El Asesinato del Fiscal Te?dulo Ceballos Pe?al?.
Nuria Piera

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Really Long

this a really long-arsed thread, eh? fiscal thing way gone I guess.? Probably a good thing after seeing the 'new clothes' tonight........nice t-shirt Marco, the glitter accents and all. !!
thx for the cerveza otra vez...
ahem.......back to you and L-woman I guess to continue this diatribe.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
and yet another version here, Roger Van Der Frande.
Puerto Plata Digital
One day, I'm going to write a whole long blurb, about being a wealthy gringo/newbie, living in an isolated area.
For now, let's just say, that I don't think it's a very good idea.

And according to El Nacional, the other two were kidnapped before being shot. This picture (don't look if you are squeamish) has them handcuffed to each other.
El Nacional, la voz de todos
This latest story makes one heck of a lot more sense.
The picture looks like what we saw, although I couldn't see that their hands were cuffed together, but it sure explains the weird position they were in, relative to each other.
I hope the drug dealers all kill each other, and that the cops get so tired of it, that they decide that it's no longer worth sanctioning, and maybe we can get rid of this scourge, and live in peace again.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
this a really long-arsed thread, eh? fiscal thing way gone I guess.? Probably a good thing after seeing the 'new clothes' tonight........nice t-shirt Marco, the glitter accents and all. !!
thx for the cerveza otra vez...
ahem.......back to you and L-woman I guess to continue this diatribe.
Danged fiscal thing is far from over, and the whole issue of police protected drug dealers is just now starting to come out into the open.
Hang on... It could be a bumpy ride.

Muchas gracias for making that airport pickup easy and convenient.
Those Finnish boys are like kids in a candy store.
Let the party begin.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Danged fiscal thing is far from over, and the whole issue of police protected drug dealers is just now starting to come out into the open.
Hang on... It could be a bumpy ride.

Interesting comment here in a piece on the 2 killed at Atlantico: it says drug puntos have grown by leaps & bounds after it was known that Ceballos had been killed..............that was the aunt of one of the victims.
Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital
It would appear ex-Army and ex-police persons implicated
Puerto Plata Digital

They've arrested someone in the Belgian's murder
El Nacional, la voz de todos

And another one today in broad daylight on the Malecon. Bushbaby was told by our local friendly PN Sergeant Major. I'll hold details until something is reported in a paper.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Interesting comment here in a piece on the 2 killed at Atlantico: it says drug puntos have grown by leaps & bounds after it was known that Ceballos had been killed....
And goes on to say,
licenciado Te?dulo Ceballos Pe?al?, ?nica autoridad que se preocup? por enfrentar con "valent?a y coraje" el narcotr?fico en Puerto Plata.
(Ceballo, the only authority/official who bothered to deal with the drug trade in POP, with courage and valour)

The situation in the barrios is corroborated by our very own JohanFitz, in his post http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/58438-up-date-drug-situation.html
Since the Fiscal from Sosua was brutally murdered. The little quiet village of "la Cienega" has become a drug haven for the young "Drug Thugs.
This is the new reality, and there is nobody to deal with the problem.

One of the online comments, aptly says,
no espere nada ni de la Policia y la Justicia", porque ellos son los primeros beneficiados de este super negocio
(Don't expect anything, neither from the police, nor the justice system, as they are the primary beneficiaries of this "super" business.)

That says it all.
If you want to take on the drug trade, you're taking on the whole "system", and Ceballo's murder is but a demonstration of the fate that awaits anyone who tries.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You made me do a double take, m'frog. But yes, later in same report it says 'estan presos'............There were two separate reports in the same paper :rolleyes: One said 'la instituci?n del orden apres? a uno de los implicados en este hecho de sangre'
El Nuevo Diario

whilst the other said 'quien lo planific? y lo contrat? a ?l y a los tres restantes, quienes est?n presos en la Polic?a de la ciudad atl?ntica'
El Nuevo Diario

If anyone ever needs a preventitive for Altzheimer's read the papers......:laugh:

Getting back to Fiscal Ceballos, please correct me if I am wrong. We were told, weren't we, that the PP Fiscal, Domingo Belliard, had been suspended? And he was, because he has been replaced by another. We were also told that the 2 SD Fiscals had been suspended, weren't we? Bolivar Sanchez and Frank Soto. Well I was reading about Pepe Goico today and look whose name appears asking for the case to be put back...........Frank Soto. Working whilst suspended...........?
El Nuevo Diario

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com