Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

Jan 17, 2009
It's somewhere on this thread which each of the years since I got it. Can't find it now though. Trying to reconstruct it here from memory, it looks like you're right and is four renewals, five years with the temp residency in total.

2011 - Got first temp residency
2012 - Renewal with lawyer
2013 - Renewed on my own (when I opened this thread)
2014 - Renewed on my own
2015 - Renewed on my own
2016 - Permanent residence (two years)
2018 - Renewed permanent residence (four years)

Isn't 4 renewals equal to 5 yrs?
I think that's how we calculated it

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After trying to get my permanent residency renewed with one of the more well know persons for immigration and still not getting a appointment after 3 months I will do it myself from now on. Once you pay them your money they are very unresponsive.

interim888

Oct 2, 2019
I had 5 renewals but some of the years are missing, I wanted to go for permanent but migracion is asking me to provide the copy of cedulas that I've missed (for instance I had temporary in 2016-2017 but my next one is in 2019) I just paid fines for the months I've missed without renewal after my cedula expired. My question is do I have to start all over again and renew my temporary cedula for the next 5 years in a raw before I can apply for a permanent?

Jan 17, 2009
It makes no sense. I had a similar problem. They had one year missing, but they did have a record that I was eligible for permanent based on my last renewal. At the time (a few years ago), I insisted there was nothing I could do, and that they should have the records of all my renewals. After arguing nicely for a while, they told me to write a letter to the Director of Migration, and ask him to approve it. It took a few weeks, but eventually it was approved by the Director.

If you can't do this on your own and have a talk with one supervisor at Immigration, hire a lawyer. It'll be worth the money considering the cost of starting over and renewing every year for five more years. You don't want to have to restart the process. They should have records of every renewal you made, not just some.

I had 5 renewals but some of the years are missing, I wanted to go for permanent but migracion is asking me to provide the copy of cedulas that I've missed (for instance I had temporary in 2016-2017 but my next one is in 2019) I just paid fines for the months I've missed without renewal after my cedula expired. My question is do I have to start all over again and renew my temporary cedula for the next 5 years in a raw before I can apply for a permanent?

interim888

Oct 2, 2019
It makes no sense. I had a similar problem. They had one year missing, but they did have a record that I was eligible for permanent based on my last renewal. At the time (a few years ago), I insisted there was nothing I could do, and that they should have the records of all my renewals. After arguing nicely for a while, they told me to write a letter to the Director of Migration, and ask him to approve it. It took a few weeks, but eventually it was approved by the Director.

If you can't do this on your own and have a talk with one supervisor at Immigration, hire a lawyer. It'll be worth the money considering the cost of starting over and renewing every year for five more years. You don't want to have to restart the process. They should have records of every renewal you made, not just some.

I appreciate your reply. The thing is that they do have all the correct information and they are asking for cedulas exactly when I've missed my renovations. That is the point, they didn't lose any information, what they have is correct. I didn't renovate every year, I've started in 2011 but did only 5 renovations for these 7 years. I've contacted lawyers and three of them offered me their help to receive another one temporary residence, well, I can do that myself easily. I think I have to try this letter to the Director of Migracion.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Hello.

As you've rightly explained, they should have a record of all your renovations so the only cédula and residency card you should upload is the most recent one. Have you tried remaking the request?

CheriC

Dec 6, 2008
I filed online as a "family" for the residencia temporal. Once I paid online for both applications, it gave us 2 separate dates. Of course to change one of the dates is another Rd$1000. Im afraid that if I click to accept the fee, that it will not give me the option to choose the same day for both applicants. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

althebeast

Mar 26, 2020
La Romana
Is there a post explaining how to get a terpoarary residencial in the first place? Because I don't have one now, I'll get my visa but if this is easier, I'd like to try this one.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Is there a post explaining how to get a terpoarary residencial in the first place? Because I don't have one now, I'll get my visa but if this is easier, I'd like to try this one.

What visa? A temporary residency is neither easy, fast, nor cheap, and all the offices are closed now.

althebeast

Mar 26, 2020
La Romana
What visa? A temporary residency is neither easy, fast, nor cheap, and all the offices are closed now.

Well I can enter DR without any visa, but I want to stay here for good so I was thinking to get a visa for work and people told me if I can find a job they can help me with the visa.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well I can enter DR without any visa, but I want to stay here for good so I was thinking to get a visa for work and people told me if I can find a job they can help me with the visa.

There's no work here now! And you can't get here anyways. It's going to take quite a long tile for things to get back to normal here.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Hello. My name is Cynthia, immigration lawyer from Guzmán Ariza. If you'd like, we can speak about your options to obtain the residency. The first hour of consultation is free. My email is ccompres@drlawyer.com and it is completely optional.

Stay safe and healthy.

E.Russ

Jul 16, 2020
bahamas
Hey does anyone know what else qualifies as a link beside a child/spouse? I've been trying to contact them to no avail. I got this clause from their website but there is no answer listed as to the specifics, ex. bank account, property etc. a) If you are not married to a Dominican national, you must present any documentation that certifies your link to the country.

• Sad
Reactions: etolw

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
For a temporary residency renewal? Must be new(?). I just renewed mine 2 months ago and that wasn't requested.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
They must have listened to the wet dreams of @windeguy :LOL:

Do the residency prosess so hard that you get pissed off, trave anyway and skip the whole residency thing, and overstays. Then enforce the law and kick the illegals out :LOL:

At least we got to pay the overstay fees