Just got back from DR

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
I just got back from my trip to DR, stayed at Maison Gautreaux in Santo Domingo, nice hotel, very friendly staff, and very safe area, I rented an SUV from La Frontera Rent Car a Mitsubishi Nativa for 4 days @ $60 USD per day, I did a LOT of driving in DR, went to Sosua Beach, Cofresi (Ocean World), Santiago had some frias at the monumento, went to Camp David restaurant with my Santiaguera novia.

Will Post more details later....

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
good for you !

I just got back a couple weeks ago Gas is ridiculos down there $5.00 a gallon

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
DR travel

You seem like you knew where you wanted to go. You expierienced alot of different locations. I also toured around the country, we (my dominican friend and I) started the south coast BC, Punta Cana. Then headed to the cities SD and Santiago. Of course we spent some time on the North Coast, POP, Sosua, Caberate. Then I just had to see Las Teranas, and Samana! Was a three hour drive to Samana, it was nice there but I have the most fun on the North coast, like my friend Rocky told me once!!;)

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006

Yes, gas prices down there are ridiculos, I spend about $250 USD in a 4 day stay, but me and girlfriend went to a lot of places, I love drinving in DR I made the trip from Santo Domingo to Santiago in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Gas Prices??
You guys need to go Dominican and install one of those tanks(propane?) in the trunk, hahaha.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I just got back from my trip to DR, stayed at Maison Gautreaux in Santo Domingo, nice hotel, very friendly staff, and very safe area, I rented an SUV from La Frontera Rent Car a Mitsubishi Nativa for 4 days @ $60 USD per day, I did a LOT of driving in DR, went to Sosua Beach, Cofresi (Ocean World), Santiago had some frias at the monumento, went to Camp David restaurant with my Santiaguera novia.

Will Post more details later....

Tallman, congrats on the Novia - sounds like is official now! Glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope you continue to update us on your STORIES and of course the movie!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Tallman: So you liked the Maison Gautreaux? - for that price, you just can't beat it! - By the way, did you see the Crazy American Guest who is staying there on the 1st floor? - He is the skinny black guy with the glasses on his nose who smoke tons and tons of cigarettes and talks loud and most times, to himself? - - -

DAKRA

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
DAKRA, I did not see this guess, I was only there one night with my girlfriend but I got to see the new Jacuzzi in the top floor.
This is a nice hotel it's clean, safe and very cheap!!!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Yes, gas prices down there are ridiculos, I spend about $250 USD in a 4 day stay, but me and girlfriend went to a lot of places, I love drinving in DR I made the trip from Santo Domingo to Santiago in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Hey I think you passed me on the Autopista / Route 1. You were going 180 Km / per hour!!!

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
Yikes.....Flash back of crazy fellow on 1st floor of Maison Gautreaux!!!! I'm not even sure if he knew where he was, he was so spun. I feel bad for the staff having to put up with him! Lovely whirlpool on 3rd floor, I enjoyed it myself while I was there. I hope ya'll post a review on Tripadvisor, I did.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org

That's why so many Brits want to move to the Dom Rep! It's for the cheap petrol! We're currently paying over US$8 per gallon and that's only because the dollar has been in free-fall! At the start of the year it would have been over US$10 a gallon!

Daflysta

Jul 17, 2007
luckily i had only 1 run in with 'el loco' withe the crooked glasses. luckily dakra was there with me when that happened.

has this guy taken up residence here?

daflysta

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I forgot about el loco at the Maison - I just re-booked myself there for upcoming trip. I think I'd better email the hotel to see if he is still there....

keep ya posted.

:eek:gre:

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Gas is expensive everywhere, I just got back from Israel and Jordan I though been in the Middle East was cheaper than U.S. (only Egypt $1.00 per gallon)
Israel-$5.00 gallon
Jordan-$3.00 gallon
Lucille

cotu?sano

Feb 26, 2008
www.selikor.com
expensive gasoline

Gas is expensive everywhere, I just got back from Israel and Jordan I though been in the Middle East was cheaper than U.S. (only Egypt $1.00 per gallon)
Israel-$5.00 gallon
Jordan-$3.00 gallon
Lucille

A friend of mine is living in Venezuela, he pays $ 0,12 per gallon (premium) :laugh:

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
cotuisano..I went to Venezuela (Valencia) and (Caracas)and I found the cab drivers ride very expensive, compare with their gasoline price....ask your friend about it...Maybe as a tourists they overcharge me and I found their fare more expensive than DR, of course dominican taxi drivers use propaine gas instead of gasoline.