Renewing Permanent Residence_ONLINE-A Lot Better

C

cavok

Itried to renue perminent by the web portal ! It said my information is not correct. Tried every day for a week same information not correct can not log in. Guess they are trying to get rid of old time residents. Try to call MDG no one answers the phone they do not list a email and you can not enter the building to be able to explain the problem to them. I wave my papers at them from outside the building they smile and wave back. How friendly they seem to be. I got my first residency when the office was in the WACAL in the time of Balaguear. So what next called my lawyer got him working on it he is having same problem how do you communicate with them ?

Keep calling. Sooner or later they'll answer.

M

marcosalm

Can someone help me please. My Spanish is not good and I'm trying to renew my residencia temporal on the migracion website. I have copied and saved all of the documents; passport, cedula, etc. to my desktop. I try to upload on the website and it says they only accept documents from the archive. I'm lost, what archive?????

M

Matilda

I have no idea as can't see the page but I know they only accept JPEGS. If yours are not, that could be the issue.

Matilda

M

marcosalm

Thanks Matilda, you're probably right...… mine are all PDF

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Mine was about 9 days (wknd inc.) Gives a choice of paying online or in person. I chose in person as I do not have a RD debit or credit card yet. After confirming that I wanted to pay in person I was given an appointment for 0800 here in Santiago. To be sure I did not have to go to the capital I called and was told that I would pay at my 0800 appt. and then have my documents reviewed at 0900. With this new system in place I'm not sure whether I will get my new residenca here in Santiago???? and cedula??? I do hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 7, 2007
Mine was about 9 days (wknd inc.) Gives a choice of paying online or in person. I chose in person as I do not have a RD debit or credit card yet. After confirming that I wanted to pay in person I was given an appointment for 0800 here in Santiago. To be sure I did not have to go to the capital I called and was told that I would pay at my 0800 appt. and then have my documents reviewed at 0900. With this new system in place I'm not sure whether I will get my new residenca here in Santiago???? and cedula??? I do hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you do your medical ?

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
INCREDIBLE!!!!!

I don't know if it was luck or if the new system really works.

I had an appointment at DGM at 0800 to make payment in person and submit any documents needed. I had copies and originals in possession. Due to transportation issues I arrived at 1130, went to front desk and obtained my number, entered the main hall, about 10 people present, as I was going to sit down I looked up and saw my number called on the screen. At window 6 I was asked for a copy of my passport and my residency card. I was told to be seated and I would be called.....immediately I was called to the caja, paid my 5000 and once again told to be seated and wait.....immediately I was called to be printed and photographed; finally I sat down in the main hall for ten minutes and was called to sign for my new card. At 1205 I drove to the cedula office.....not a single person waiting, went through the process and at 1245 I was on my way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
No no no.....On their website it said "localidad de sita SANTIAGO" so there I was at 0800. Once inside I was told that I had to go to SD...…

Feb 7, 2007
Permanent Residency Renewal. I got a Payment AUthorization today. I will pay by a DR Debit Card.
My selected processing center (in initial phase of renewal process) was DGM HQ.

Some very specific questions:

1) After payment, can I immediately go to the designated medical facility or do I need to wait for a medical appointment?
2) After medical is done, in how many days do I usually get final appointment at DGM (for documents and pictues)?
3) Once the final appointment shows on the DGM website, how many days (how far in advance) it is (from the date it shows)?

My question is because I fly out on the 18th of december. Will I be able to get the residency card printed out by the 17th?

Kathyaa586

Mar 23, 2011
I applied for my temporary renewal on Friday and received the notification for payment on Monday. My appointment was made for the following Monday at 3 pm. so not all appointments are at 9:00 am. Hopefully they are fast processing it when I arrive so I don't need to wait till the next day for my cedula.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
This is an update on my Migration to RD.
To be honest I have never seen such efficiency from a Foreign Embassy in my life.
In actual time it has taken about 2 weeks to get my Visa......it is now in the express mail to me. They received my Passoprt yesterday morning and sent it all back to me yesterday afternoon.
Not only that ,the Director of Consul Services handled it personally.
I am hoping two to three days in SDO , and I am in!!!

Just try getting that service entering Canada on a Visa to apply for Residency. Won't happen.

Unbelievable

Russell.

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Good afternoon, Rubio_higuey.

After you pay, online or in person, you have three days to take your medical test. Then, they have 15 business days to set the appointment to receive your residency card. Please keep in mind that even if you make the request in one of the provinces, all the residency card, and cedula renewals must be withdrawn from the headquarters in Santo Domingo.