Beach Openings

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And Danilo just asked for another 25 days of emergency power. Opening beaches is likely to be last on the DR's list when reopening happens.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
And Danilo just asked for another 25 days of emergency power. Opening beaches is likely to be last on the DR's list when reopening happens.

The beaches are open. You just can not congregate, or make a show of yourself. It helps to take a short drive away from those that do not follow this previous suggestion. Also, remember to bring a propina just in case.
The RD has a very large coastline. It pays to be sagacious.

Reactions: MarJD

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
sagacious.... I like it

I was booted off a beach 12 days ago.... I was walking my dogs - ALONE !!

He said it was closed......
3 other officers had allowed me - this jerk = NO!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that is not correct according to my own, 25 years built up, personal observations.
Sharks do Not frequent out there the Mona Passage and come now closer to our coast.
those sharks, all kind of Sharks, are always HERE right along our reef lines and also within the reef barriers right at the beaches.
i snorkeled with sharks, to get filltes for my wife's famous "shark balls"/meat balls of shark meat, for 2 decades right from Punta Cana Beaches, til around Spring 2026, then they all been declared a protected species and are since prohibited to be hunted/fished/killed.
we had Mako, Tiger, Hammerhead, Bulls and many kinds of reef sharks right at/on our beaches all the time.
the same goes for example for the Marina Basins, you can observe such beautiful and very large animals right from the docks.
they are everywhere present where there is access to open ocean waters and their presence does not increase/decrease due more or less presence of humans, their presence inclines/declines solely due the amount of food present at any given area, they are Predators and feed 24/7, so they go with the migration/movements of appropriate food sources.
we Humans are NOT any part of their food source, hence it doesnt matter much to sharks if we are swimming on a beach or not.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
that is not correct according to my own, 25 years built up, personal observations.
Sharks do Not frequent out there the Mona Passage and come now closer to our coast.
those sharks, all kind of Sharks, are always HERE right along our reef lines and also within the reef barriers right at the beaches.
i snorkeled with sharks, to get filltes for my wife's famous "shark balls"/meat balls of shark meat, for 2 decades right from Punta Cana Beaches, til around Spring 2026, then they all been declared a protected species and are since prohibited to be hunted/fished/killed.
we had Mako, Tiger, Hammerhead, Bulls and many kinds of reef sharks right at/on our beaches all the time.
the same goes for example for the Marina Basins, you can observe such beautiful and very large animals right from the docks.
they are everywhere present where there is access to open ocean waters and their presence does not increase/decrease due more or less presence of humans, their presence inclines/declines solely due the amount of food present at any given area, they are Predators and feed 24/7, so they go with the migration/movements of appropriate food sources.
we Humans are NOT any part of their food source, hence it doesnt matter much to sharks if we are swimming on a beach or not.

Mike, I heard that when humans are bitten that the sharks are tasting us. Is this true?

Reactions: Caonabo

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the attack of one predator on an other can have many different reasons.
checking out what that swimming thing really is, beeing mistaken by the look of such swimming thing, feeling intimitaded by that swimming thing, seeing it as a competitor for the prey they have a eye on at a moment and then there is the most common "reason", when a shark attacks a human in the waters of our country, which is that that human carries on a rope/wirehis/her prey hunted down by speargun, nicely bleeding in the water to attarct attention, so in those cases the ättack" is not even on the Human, it goes on the fishes lined up on the wire of that buso,fishes which are normal part of that shark's food variety.

Reactions: Auryn and Billp16

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Knowledge of just everything must be a Canadian thing

Your summer reading assignment....

9780671355005-us.jpg

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018

Thank-you. Finally someone talking sense!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yes, I know what shark chum is. It's also called chumming. I also got chummy once with a chica.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I will stick to the point that there are not too many beach front properties that CATER to shark visitations.

Reactions: MarJD

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
sagacious.... I like it

I was booted off a beach 12 days ago.... I was walking my dogs - ALONE !!

He said it was closed......
3 other officers had allowed me - this jerk = NO!!

You should have drove a mile down, without the dogs.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Mr. Fisher, with all due respect.....
Take one of your launches out, and ask your paying customers if they would like to "SWIM" with the sharks?
Good luck laddie.

Reactions: MikeFisher