Beach Openings

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
the attack of one predator on an other can have many different reasons.
checking out what that swimming thing really is, beeing mistaken by the look of such swimming thing, feeling intimitaded by that swimming thing, seeing it as a competitor for the prey they have a eye on at a moment and then there is the most common "reason", when a shark attacks a human in the waters of our country, which is that that human carries on a rope/wirehis/her prey hunted down by speargun, nicely bleeding in the water to attarct attention, so in those cases the ättack" is not even on the Human, it goes on the fishes lined up on the wire of that buso,fishes which are normal part of that shark's food variety.

Are you running for public office?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
One would think -
with the most recent thinking / studies saying that indoors is more dangerous for contagion
that beaches would be allowed..... open air

We will be living w/ the social distancing for quite while, I hunch
No grouping
Finding a date will be tough

Rough waters ahead
haha

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
One would think -
with the most recent thinking / studies saying that indoors is more dangerous for contagion
that beaches would be allowed..... open air

We will be living w/ the social distancing for quite while, I hunch
No grouping
Finding a date will be tough

Rough waters ahead
haha
Absolutely we need to get outside. The vitamin D will help your immune system as well.

Regarding dating, try Tinder. You will be overwhelmed by respectable women!

Reactions: Clandestino

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I did not say that people should go and swim with the sharks, such specific action is only suitable for a few.
but everybody swimming near any beach with access to open ocean waters, is swimming on shark grounds, a simple fact, pre-covid, while under siege by covid and it will still be the same after-covid.

Reactions: Auryn and Billp16

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
I did not say that people should go and swim with the sharks, such specific action is only suitable for a few.
but everybody swimming near any beach with access to open ocean waters, is swimming on shark grounds, a simple fact, pre-covid, while under siege by covid and it will still be the same after-covid.
Been diving with at least different species of sharks. Never an issue. One of the most majestic creatures in the water.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Way back in the 60's I was a Naval Ships Diver (Surface not deep sea) One thing we needed to know was the types of sharks in our dive zone. Especially since leftover food would be dumped over the side (sometimes) .... I have inspected the bottom of Ships in company of Mako sharks,,, even though they are aggressive, I was never intimidated by them,,, I was a curiosity''' But have seen Great Whites off Nova Scotia and gave them a wide berth.
There is an abundance of blue sharks there as well, but was no more than curiosity.
There are aggressive Caribbean sharks in our corner of the world ; but, there is an abundance of feed for them, so please state the instances of shark attacks in DR... over the past 20 years or give the beasts a rest.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Been diving with at least different species of sharks. Never an issue. One of the most majestic creatures in the water.
I was a diver many years ago and agree with you. I was more worried about Barracudas.

Reactions: Russell

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I was a diver many years ago and agree with you. I was more worried about Barracudas.
Same here, been diving from 1971 to now....the Barracudas are always around, and all I see of the sharks are them going away. The natives on other Islands say they are the worst........

Reactions: Russell and Billp16