Edenorte billing problems?

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I know this is way off topic, but I can't find a thread dealing with it. I just got a Edenorte bill that is about twice what is should be. Can someone point me to a thread or section on this forum? Thanks.

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
I know this is way off topic, but I can't find a thread dealing with it. I just got a Edenorte bill that is about twice what is should be. Can someone point me to a thread or section on this forum? Thanks.
I used the search feature in titles only using Edenorte and there were ~20 threads re: Edenorte. Maybe some may help you.

Reactions: Brendan Hubley
Sep 22, 2009
I would only add that if you had a significant consumption increase they will bill you at the higher kw rate until your consumption returns to normal. Also may want to get an electrician de confianza and see if you have some lambon pegado

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

I was going to start a thread on this

My area - Cabrera/Nagua - has a ton of complaints about this..... overbilling by EdenNorte
It's not over usage , these people are older and are at home the same amount of time as always

Sounds like an accounting glitch....

Sep 22, 2009
I was going to start a thread on this

My area - Cabrera/Nagua - has a ton of complaints about this..... overbilling by EdenNorte
It's not over usage , these people are older and are at home the same amount of time as always

Sounds like an accounting glitch....
Right on schedule Wx2! Damn if you don't miss even one!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend has this problem.... and said the office was FULL of complaints about this.

A call to the Nagua office confirmed the issue but no admission of fault by Eden Norte

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
It would be surprising if all went well through during this state of emergency with Edenorte... We pay it with cash, and therefore have not paid since this started (I have refused to join the lines), so well before our last invoice was due, I called Edenorte and asked if they will come and cut our wires. The answer was very clear no, and very consistent on what they have on their website (10 days of time to pay after the state of emergency is lifted). We have the Edenorte app and check our overdue bills daily to verify that all is fine. All has been fine, nothing strange in what they charge. We also verify our meter frequently...

However, I can imagine there will be quite a few "odd" cases and people complaining, Ede's taking advantage of making "mistakes" as well... I read one news story that they told one customer in POP that the rates are wrong as "due to the state of emergency, the electricity meters are not working properly..."

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
I would only add that if you had a significant consumption increase they will bill you at the higher kw rate until your consumption returns to normal. Also may want to get an electrician de confianza and see if you have some lambon pegado

For the past three years, our bill has been around 1500-2000 pesos/mo. Our breaker mysteriously turned off about a month ago sin explicacion obviamente. My guess is we have a parasite. Another friend mentioned that Edenorte may have issued an "estimate bill". Never heard of this before, but given the other posts here maybe Edenorte is not on the ball.

Sep 22, 2009
For the past three years, our bill has been around 1500-2000 pesos/mo. Our breaker mysteriously turned off about a month ago sin explicacion obviamente. My guess is we have a parasite. Another friend mentioned that Edenorte may have issued an "estimate bill". Never heard of this before, but given the other posts here maybe Edenorte is not on the ball.
Well it's easy to determine any leakage. Also the estimated bill I'm certain is still a common practice. Pay attention to the kw charges. The gates of 4.5, 11, 18/hour depending on where u live or % increase in consumption.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
All my electrical Bill's, we have 9, have estimates added on to the previous months bill.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
All my electrical Bill's, we have 9, have estimates added on to the previous months bill.
Attention to detail.
I didn't recieve my May 1st bill here in Santiago
so when paying my water bill I just asked the chic
to look it up using my name and account number so
I could pay it.
Then about 2 weeks later around May 10th I recieved
my June 1st billl which is a lot less than I normally pay due
to me paying most of it when I payed the water bill.

After reading the over the bill, I see the last bill paid counted
as April, not May, so it appears I paid 2 April bills and nothing
for May, clearly a mistake on their end. I will pay the June 1st
bill and won't even bother bringing it up because I know its not
worth the time it would take to explain it to the Cooperativa employee
at the cash register.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
[QUOTE="CristoRey, post: 5527510, member: 67730"at the cash register.
[/QUOTE]
H
[QUOTE="CristoRey, post: 5527510
at the cash register.
[/QUOTE]
CR, what is the Cooperativa and its relation to Edenorte?
Thanks, in advance,
Buzzard

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Attention to detail.
I didn't recieve my May 1st bill here in Santiago
so when paying my water bill I just asked the chic
to look it up using my name and account number so
I could pay it.
Then about 2 weeks later around May 10th I recieved
my June 1st billl which is a lot less than I normally pay due
to me paying most of it when I payed the water bill.

After reading the over the bill, I see the last bill paid counted
as April, not May, so it appears I paid 2 April bills and nothing
for May, clearly a mistake on their end. I will pay the June 1st
bill and won't even bother bringing it up because I know its not
at the cash register.
So true, every time I go to the Edenorte outlet in La Union they never have any answers, they just take the money. My nickname for attendant is "no se".

Reactions: CristoRey

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
My bills this month include a refund. It looks as if there was an overcharge which was then refunded. It's confusing, but as the final totals are about the same as usual, I'm not going to waste my time discussing it in the office.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
My bills this month include a refund. It looks as if there was an overcharge which was then refunded. It's confusing, but as the final totals are about the same as usual, I'm not going to waste my time discussing it in the office.

Unpossible - a refund?!? We still talking about Edenorte? The same spot that shuts your power off if your a day late paying?