Viva Wyndham Resorts say their resorts are readying for reopening

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Everyone coming into the DR is going to have a "rapid test"? That will work well.
(They could just spray them with chloro.)

After reading about the new protocols, I agree that hotel owners are unlikely to open with those plans in place.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
If you read any of the sites such as Trip Advisor, while many are wondering about travel and when they can, there are just as many who would rather wait and see how it all plays out. Based on protocols being put in place by many resorts (Punta Cana) there are many who feel at present it is just not worth the money with all the possible restrictions. Again your always going to have those that will travel regardless but based on what I was reading there are many who are willing to wait. It will be interesting to watch/see how the protocols/restrictions are being enforced and how well they work.

Reactions: Africaida
Sep 22, 2009
Everyone coming into the DR is going to have a "rapid test"? That will work well.
(They could just spray them with chloro.)

After reading about the new protocols, I agree that hotel owners are unlikely to open with those plans in place.
Clorox is the American brand leader in bleach.

Cloro, Is how to pronounce Clorox in "Dominican-ease". No one says "cha-loro"

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If you read any of the sites such as Trip Advisor, while many are wondering about travel and when they can, there are just as many who would rather wait and see how it all plays out. Based on protocols being put in place by many resorts (Punta Cana) there are many who feel at present it is just not worth the money with all the possible restrictions. Again your always going to have those that will travel regardless but based on what I was reading there are many who are willing to wait. It will be interesting to watch/see how the protocols/restrictions are being enforced and how well they work.

I agree, I think our views are warped because most of us are frequent fliers. Most people I know are not stepping into a plane in the near future, convinced that they will catch the virus through the plane's air filters. I know a few who will be traveling to their home country to see relative after a self quarantine in their own home but that's about it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Clorox is the American brand leader in bleach.

Cloro, Is how to pronounce Clorox in "Dominican-ease". No one says "cha-loro"
Thanks , I have only been here for 17 years and my family is Dominican except for me (until I get my naturalization swearing in when the government reopens that office and then I will suddenly be Dominican as well).

That said, I am always glad to learn something new . Like cloro vs chloro. I will probably always type it as chloro, but that is just me. In the first month I was here, more chloro was used in my house then I had seen used in my previous 48 years. I suppose I could learn to drop the "h", but I just think of chlorine when I type it.

Sep 22, 2009
Thanks , I have only been here for 17 years and my family is Dominican except for me (until I get my naturalization swearing in when the government reopens that office and then I will suddenly be Dominican as well).

That said, I am always glad to learn something new . Like cloro vs chloro. I will probably always type it as chloro, but that is just me. In the first month I was here, more chloro was used in my house then I had seen used in my previous 48 years. I suppose I could learn to drop the "h", but I just think of chlorine when I type it.
"Somebody is boring me. I think it's windy". -Dylan Thomas

Sep 22, 2009
At least spell it correctly - winde.

So will Viva even reopen based upon the new protocols? Hardly seems worth it unless and until they are dispensed with.
You started this with chaulk. Lol

Re new protocols. My a$$. How are they going to pull that off. You pay up your deposit or whatever, show up as a party of 5. 2 of you get rapid tested and the rest are clean. Do they send you down the road to the Wuhan Waldorf or is the family turned away. That's just one out of hundreds of scenario.

Furthermore, if their testing methods are the same as the ones that only yielded 180 new cases today? Wtf? It's crazy

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I went to Linares today. Really didn't need anything, it was just fun to do something totally unnecessary for a change.