Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sure the virus is primarily spread via moisture droplets expelled from an infected person into the air and inhaled by those around them. Same for many other diseases especially other Corona-viruses. What the CDC and other health agencies are saying is that contact with the virus on a surface and transferring it to your hands is not the primary or the most efficient way for this virus to spread. None of them are saying that touching a contaminated elevator button then picking your nose will not result in infection.

Reactions: Chirimoya

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Sure the virus is primarily spread via moisture droplets expelled from an infected person into the air and inhaled by those around them. Same for many other diseases especially other Corona-viruses. What the CDC and other health agencies are saying is that contact with the virus on a surface and transferring it to your hands is not the primary or the most efficient way for this virus to spread. None of them are saying that touching a contaminated elevator button then picking your nose will not result in infection.

Thanks. I will try to remember to pick my nose before pressing the elevator buttons.

You learn so much here on DR1!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you will have to forgive him.. He is German .... Im part

Wow,, I hope you were Drunk when you typed this .. I would hate to think that a Sober person could be so Irrational ..
you really put it over the top with this Post ..
thank you for confirming everything some of us suspected about you.
Peoples Freedoms means ISHIT to you.. it all about your Virtue signaling ..
teh opposite,
people's freedom where it fits the ego by all means, doesn't matter if it's bad for the community,
is what you show, and such crap has nothing to do with "freedom"living in a democracy.
but never mind,
i never intended to be liked, specially not by all(yours alike).
as you dislike it so much, just skip my posts or better, let's just use this wonderful DR1 function named "Ignore member".

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
teh opposite,
people's freedom where it fits the ego by all means, doesn't matter if it's bad for the community,
is what you show, and such crap has nothing to do with "freedom"living in a democracy.
but never mind,
i never intended to be liked, specially not by all(yours alike).
as you dislike it so much, just skip my posts or better, let's just use this wonderful DR1 function named "Ignore member".
Do me a Solid .. do NOT quote me any more .....
ever ..

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
like You,
You clearly give a sh.t about anybody else,
so dont await that anybody cares about you or your well beeing.
you want old, fat or otherwise sick people to'stay home so you can do as You please to enjoy Your Life?
well, whats next?
women not allowed to drive in public so there are less traffic jams when you come along?
seem's like youare the kind which no society needs anywhere.

To understand who this poster Christo Rey is, one just has to read his previous posts on various threads.
These posts clearly show his level of intelligence, compassion and social standing.
Looking at the picture of his icon gives an even clearer picture, of who we are listening to.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Can you get the virus from a surface?
As lockdowns lift, many more Americans are going to come in contact with surfaces that other people have touched: doorknobs, tabletops, shopping bags and more. And I know that many people find these situations confusing.​
The early scientific advice seemed to encourage people to treat surface contact with utmost seriousness. More recently, research has suggested that few people get the virus this way. The main transmission mechanism instead appears to be close contact with someone who has the virus, like talking face-to-face or sitting nearby in an indoor setting. Those situations expose people to enough of a “viral load” to become infected.​
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently tried to clarify its guidance on the subject: “It may be possible that a person can get Covid-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads.”​
Exactly , it changes all the time, as the CDC Learns NEW Facts ... I posted this reversal days ago.. its extremely important ..
we were putting on GLOVES at work, like IDIOTS ... guess what .. .no more gloves .. Soon, no more Masks .. and no more 6 foot distancing .
we already flattened the curve ( DELAYED the inevitable ) . not prevented anyone from catching it , but Delayed it just a bit
that is what flattening he curve means . nothing more .
Was the CDC Lying to us, for our own good ? no one knows ... are they allowed to change their minds .. Of course they are ..
People who can not adjust their behaviors , based on the latest Facts and studied .. are doomed
Would we put Old people in Nursing homes at risk again... ?? I hope not ... did we DO EXACTLY such a Foolish thing.. YES we did ...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
To understand who this poster Christo Rey is, one just has to read his previous posts on various threads.
These posts clearly show his level of intelligence, compassion and social standing.
Looking at the picture of his icon gives an even clearer picture, of who we are listening to.
yeah, I hate thos eracists fidiots.
have ém both set on my ignore list, so i dont have to read their sh.it anymore.

Reactions: MarJD

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Your continued Trolling posts are being reported to MODS...
Unlike these keyboard babies I have thick
skin. I think its hillarious. Us eracists fidiots
will continue speak as we see fit and those who disagree with me will just have to continue swallowing it... one gulp at a time.

Reactions: Garyexpat and jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'll bet the people on here who've actually met me in person
and the one's who know me are getting a kick out of this.

• Haha
Reactions: Garyexpat

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Can you get the virus from a surface?
As lockdowns lift, many more Americans are going to come in contact with surfaces that other people have touched: doorknobs, tabletops, shopping bags and more. And I know that many people find these situations confusing.​
The early scientific advice seemed to encourage people to treat surface contact with utmost seriousness. More recently, research has suggested that few people get the virus this way. The main transmission mechanism instead appears to be close contact with someone who has the virus, like talking face-to-face or sitting nearby in an indoor setting. Those situations expose people to enough of a “viral load” to become infected.​
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently tried to clarify its guidance on the subject: “It may be possible that a person can get Covid-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads.”​
So how should you think about surface transmission?​
It doesn’t seem to be common, but it does seem possible. It is the most likely explanation for an outbreak at a Chinese shopping mall, as my colleague Tara Parker-Pope points out.​
One thing to understand is that merely touching virus particles isn’t enough to become infected. You probably have to touch many particles — and then touch your face. Objects that a small number of other people briefly touch, like groceries and shopping bags, seem to present a very small risk. That’s why I have stopped wiping down every object that comes into my house, as I was when the lockdown began.​
In the spectrum of risk, you should worry more about face-to-face conversations and extended time in indoor spaces with people who are outside your household. “We don’t need to be paranoid — you can still play catch or press an elevator button — we just need to wash our hands and be mindful,” Tara told me. She has just published a guide to surface transmission, and I recommend it.​

Reactions: MikeFisher

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Enough already.

infractions handed out and stop the inappropriate behavior.

get back on topic now....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hola,

Does anyone know when they will actually announce when borders will be open and flights will commence?
Those are two VERY different things. The current schedule has airports allowed to open July 1.

The spokesperson for Aerodom airports has said there will be a phased reopening of their airports starting with those not based on tourism primarily, like Santo Domingo. Other touristic airports like Puerto Plata and Samana might not reopen for passenger flights until the end of 2020 or early next year. There have to be enough flights to make it financially worthwhile. Punta Cana as a different owner and will decide based upon their own criteria if they open the day the government allows it.

So as you can see, the government sets a date when flights are allowed and the businesses decide when to reopen airports.

Reactions: etolw

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very unlikely Danilo will be granted more State of Emergency powers. We will know today:

Google Translation:
The Chamber of Deputies is meeting today, with a front task that has generated many expectations: trying to approve, for the fourth time, the state of emergency, as requested by the Executive Power. Although it was approved yesterday by the Senate, without major obstacles, the plurality and the correlation of forces in the lower house make it very difficult for the piece to be approved or, at least, as it is presented. It is that all the parties that make up the opposition bloc announced that they will not vote for the extension of the exception period. The Chamber of Deputies is made up of 190 legislators, of whom 97 are represented in the opposition bloc, and 93 in the ruling party. Among these, 80 belong to the Dominican Liberation Party (PLD), and its allies; the Dominican Revolutionary Party (PRD) has 11, and two from the bloc (BIS-PPC), that is, from the Institutional Social Democratic Bloc and the Popular Christian Party. The opponents have 57 of the Modern Revolutionary Party; seven from the Christian Social Reformer, 27 from the People's Force; one from the Broad Front; one from Alianza País, and the same number from the Quisqueyano Democrat, and three from the newly allied Liberal Reformist Party, led by Senator Amable Aristy Castro. To approve the piece, a simple majority is required, that is, half plus one. Yesterday there was a rumor that the pro-government officers were conquering at least three opposition deputies, who belong to a small party, with which they would add 96, and those who oppose would remain with 94. Senate Despite the opposition of the Opposition legislators, who were absent from the session yesterday, the Senate, in a single reading, approved a resolution authorizing the Executive Power the fourth extension to the state of emergency for an additional 25 days. The new extension will take effect on June 2. José Ignacio Paliza and Santiago Zorrilla, senators of the Modern Revolutionary Party who had already advanced would not vote for the piece, were absent from the session. The same is true for Manuel Guichardo, from La Fuerza del Pueblo. Only Senator Prims Pujals, who follows the guidelines of the party led by Leonel Fernández, participated in the session, but voted against the proposal. Approved by 21 senators Explaining the reason for a new extension, President Medina maintained that an abrupt uprising would cause further outbreaks, while he considered that the curfew is a crucial measure "with the sole purpose of protecting the health of the Dominican people " The PRM The block of deputies of the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM), led by Alfredo Pacheco, announced its opposition to an extension of the State of Emergency, ensuring that the exceptional powers conferred on the Government "were not taken advantage of." Pacheco affirmed that through "inefficient and malicious measures" against COVID-19, the State has been unable to prevent the spread of the virus in a timely manner. According to the legislator, the lack of direct purchases of rapid tests to detect the coronavirus is proof that the State of Emergency does not need to be extended, and affirming that the Ministry of Public Health works with donations. Similarly, he expressed that through Public Health Law 42-01, the government can take the necessary sanitary control measures to prevent a flare-up, and that through Law 340-06 they can declare the purchase of medical supplies as an “emergency process. ”, Without the need for a State of Exception to do so. Regarding purchases, Pacheco asserted that the institutions have not been held accountable with the necessary rigor in this area before Congress during the period of national emergency, pointing out the case of the National Institute for Comprehensive Care for Early Childhood (Inaipi) in which they were Several people were fired for irregularities in the purchasing process. Pacheco denounced that the Government continues to use the social plans intended as aid during the COVID-19 pandemic for political purposes, and that these are not distributed equally. It also blames the State for those infected and deceased by the coronavirus, indicating that the government has not acted "according to the suggestions of international organizations and have rejected the collaboration of the opposition and sectors of civil society." FINAL DESTINATION What would happen? If the request is not approved today, President Danilo Medina would be obliged to lift the state of emergency, as soon as the current one ends, as explained by the FP spokesman, Henry Merán. If the president does not do it, then Congress would call a session to do it, and if neither of them does, even so, the emergency situation would end on the date that was approved the last time, in this case the first of June.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Masks:

Surgical type masks (loose fitting around the ear type) are designed to stop exhalent by the wearer from reaching others. They are too loose fitting so they leak when the wearer inhales and thus can lead to a false sense of effectiveness against contamination by uninformed users.

N95 and above masks, are effective in both directions provided they fit properly and are changed often.

I'm still convinced that all this advice against the wearing of masks is purely for practical and economic reasons. There are not enough N95 masks for everyone to use so they are being reserved and purchased as fast as they can be made by countries for health workers. These would be effective for the civilian population if they were available for use.

The advice by the WHO in the article doesn't seem to make sense for surgical masks as they have their reasoning backwards. These surgical masks should be used by caregivers who are dealing with people who are not yet infected to prevent the patients from being exposed by an infected caregiver. As above, this type of mask is of limited effectiveness in protecting the caregiver from an infected patient.

Me, I've got my own supply of N95 masks that I acquired long before CV19. I will continue to wear them and protect myself (primarily) from others until either the rate of infection around me falls sufficiently or a vaccine becomes available. I'm at a higher risk for complications than the average person, I have the supplies, it only makes sense to use them. If others choose to view me as foolish for doing so, they obviously can't appreciate that there might be a legitimate reason for wearing a N95 mask and that's fine - I'm wearing it for my benefit not theirs.

Reactions: csteinwand

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Masks:

Surgical type masks (loose fitting around the ear type) are designed to stop exhalent by the wearer from reaching others. They are too loose fitting so they leak when the wearer inhales and thus can lead to a false sense of effectiveness against contamination by uninformed users.

N95 and above masks, are effective in both directions provided they fit properly and are changed often.

I'm still convinced that all this advice against the wearing of masks is purely for practical and economic reasons. There are not enough N95 masks for everyone to use so they are being reserved and purchased as fast as they can be made by countries for health workers. These would be effective for the civilian population if they were available for use.

The advice by the WHO in the article doesn't seem to make sense for surgical masks as they have their reasoning backwards. These surgical masks should be used by caregivers who are dealing with people who are not yet infected to prevent the patients from being exposed by an infected caregiver. As above, this type of mask is of limited effectiveness in protecting the caregiver from an infected patient.

Me, I've got my own supply of N95 masks that I acquired long before CV19. I will continue to wear them and protect myself (primarily) from others until either the rate of infection around me falls sufficiently or a vaccine becomes available. I'm at a higher risk for complications than the average person, I have the supplies, it only makes sense to use them. If others choose to view me as foolish for doing so, they obviously can't appreciate that there might be a legitimate reason for wearing a N95 mask and that's fine - I'm wearing it for my benefit not theirs.

WoW, Are you Asian or Canadian ? The only people I know who had masks before this whole pandemic are Asian, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.