When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
And independently from that , a spokesman for Aerodom indicated that POP airport might not open until late 2020 or early 2021 for regular passenger traffic, since it will not be profitable to do so until enough airlines are actually willing to fly there. It is certainly confusing information, at best.
Notwithstanding that, another spokesman for Aerodom now says that they hope to have flights coming in to POP from July 4th! http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=32879

Reactions: Clandestino

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Notwithstanding that, another spokesman for Aerodom now says that they hope to have flights coming in to POP from July 4th! http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=32879
I just saw that on DiarioLibre. Talk about one hand not knowing what the other is doing. Or, the threat not to reopen soon allowed some negotians to start with the airlines. We may never know. But yes, July might see some passenger flights into and out of POP.

Any news on quarantines of the incoming passengers?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I got a message today from the Danish foreign office as I am on a list of Danes abroad. It said that they don’t recommend travel to the DR until after 31/8 because of the risk of infection and the risk of bringing infection back to Denmark. Besides they say there are many restrictions on travel which makes it difficult to travel and makes it difficult to travel back to Denmark.

Obviously Denmark is a small market for the DR regarding tourism but I wonder what bigger markets like Germany, UK and France officially recommend. And what will they say after August. Its all very concerning. Personally I am done with international travel for a long time. I am where I want to be in the DR and the only other country I want to go is Denmark and I can go there in theory on the occasional ferry flight.

But for the DR economy it’s devastating if this drags out until next year. I really hope we get the corridor going between the DR and US/Canada so at least those visitors come soon to help the economy.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Yesterday in the DR, 345 new cases reported and 11 new deaths for the day.

These are both very high daily numbers so why are people screaming to open the borders wear no masks and saying social distancing is a myth and remove the curfew?

Just selfish ignorant pigs is my guess.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I got a message today from the Danish foreign office as I am on a list of Danes abroad. It said that they don’t recommend travel to the DR until after 31/8 because of the risk of infection and the risk of bringing infection back to Denmark. Besides they say there are many restrictions on travel which makes it difficult to travel and makes it difficult to travel back to Denmark.

Obviously Denmark is a small market for the DR regarding tourism but I wonder what bigger markets like Germany, UK and France officially recommend. And what will they say after August. Its all very concerning. Personally I am done with international travel for a long time. I am where I want to be in the DR and the only other country I want to go is Denmark and I can go there in theory on the occasional ferry flight.

But for the DR economy it’s devastating if this drags out until next year. I really hope we get the corridor going between the DR and US/Canada so at least those visitors come soon to help the economy.

So that I can get my coffee 😎 (I may prefer a Presidente/Cuba libre with the heat by the way) 💃

El director del Instituto Dominicano de Aviación Civil (IDAC), Alejandro Herrera, recomendó a la población no comprar boletos aéreos hasta que el país reabra las operaciones aeroportuarias, previstas a iniciar a partir del próximo primero de julio.
No hacemos nada con nosotros estar listos y países con los que tenemos un alto nivel de conectividad no lo estén. Tenemos que coordinar los protocolos sanitarios con los países que tenemos conexiones aéreas”, puntualizó.

Apparently, delay is due to this coordination of sanitary measures between countries ? Not sure if that s true, but who knows ?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Yesterday in the DR, 345 new cases reported and 11 new deaths for the day.

These are both very high daily numbers so why are people screaming to open the borders wear no masks and saying social distancing is a myth and remove the curfew?

Just selfish ignorant pigs is my guess.

You're not a good guesser.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
Santo Domingo.- Dominican Civil Aviation Institute (IDAC) director Alejandro Herrera, on Fri. recommended that the population not buy air tickets until the country reopens the airport operations, scheduled to start on July 1.

Herrera stated that regular flights to the country remain suspended, as well as the closing of the borders, and that only special flights are being allowed, authorized by the high-level commission for the prevention and control of the coronavirus.

He said that any reservation or transaction made with an airline must be under the conditions established by the country for special flights.

“Any arrival of passengers has to be done in coordination with consulates and diplomatic missions, which, in turn, when authorized and in coordination with airlines, allow them to buy the ticket.”

Reactions: Caonabo

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
Santo Domingo.- Dominican Civil Aviation Institute (IDAC) director Alejandro Herrera, on Fri. recommended that the population not buy air tickets until the country reopens the airport operations, scheduled to start on July 1.

Herrera stated that regular flights to the country remain suspended, as well as the closing of the borders, and that only special flights are being allowed, authorized by the high-level commission for the prevention and control of the coronavirus.

He said that any reservation or transaction made with an airline must be under the conditions established by the country for special flights.

“Any arrival of passengers has to be done in coordination with consulates and diplomatic missions, which, in turn, when authorized and in coordination with airlines, allow them to buy the ticket.”
Well, if the airport is scheduled to be open on x day, and one is scheduled to fly to that airport on or after x day, then one needs to buy and reserve a seat prior to x day.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
the tourists will not return to DR till they at least starting working again and pay off their debt in the states at least ... they are broke .... 20 million no jobs...
hate to say this but tourist industry is dead here for along time. hopefully we get a vaccination by years end...

now for other hand if you are looking to buy some land wait till after the fall pennies on a dollar..

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The government announces that airports will now be closed until 1 July. It looks like the airports will open as of 1 July. It was logical because the government is organizing the presidential and congressional elections and thousands of international observers are coming for the event.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Well, if the airport is scheduled to be open on x day, and one is scheduled to fly to that airport on or after x day, then one needs to buy and reserve a seat prior to x day.

"Santo Domingo.- Dominican Civil Aviation Institute (IDAC) director Alejandro Herrera, on Fri. recommended that the population not buy air tickets until the country reopens the airport operations, scheduled to start on July 1."

This would indicate to reserve and buy after July 1, once schedules have been established.
Obviously in the interest of the air traveller.
Not much sense to book fantasy flights, when the situation is in severe flux.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
That WORKS for you?

You REALLY BELIEVE that being diagnosed and recovered from Covid-19 makes a person "supremely informed" and "quite possibly an 'EXPERT' on Covid-19.

AN EXPERT ? ! ? !

Great.

A little analogy.

Just spitballing, but let's see.

Someone I know was diagnosed with a blocked coronary artery. He was successfully treated with surgery and recovered.

So now, according to what works for you, he can speak intelligently about the intricacies of CAD (Coronary Artery Disease) with his board certified cardiothoracic trauma surgeon and explain to the public about the etiology and pathogenesis of the disease with factual, accurate and verifiable information?

AN EXPERT ? ! ? !

jd426's previous post clearly shows that not only is he NOT an "expert on the matter at hand" but is clearly purporting confirmed protocols as MYTHS and then continues with his admonishment . . . "Stay Ignorant"

You're right, our opinions differ.

I'm just curious about how you arrived at yours.

To answer your questions, yes, this works for me. I believe my initial posting speaks for itself. No need to elucidate.
If you do not understand it, try reading it again.
If you have a specific grudge with another poster, that is between you and whomever they may be. I have no interest in participating or being included with your continued pettiness towards others.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The government announces that airports will now be closed until 1 July. It looks like the airports will open as of 1 July. It was logical because the government is organizing the presidential and congressional elections and thousands of international observers are coming for the event.

Ah, the infamous "international observers".
They do so well in their native lands.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
here

So how should you think about surface transmission?

It doesn’t seem to be common, but it does seem possible. It is the most likely explanation for an outbreak at a Chinese shopping mall, as my colleague Tara Parker-Pope points out.

One thing to understand is that merely touching virus particles isn’t enough to become infected. You probably have to touch many particles — and then touch your face. Objects that a small number of other people briefly touch, like groceries and shopping bags, seem to present a very small risk. That’s why I have stopped wiping down every object that comes into my house, as I was when the lockdown began.

In the spectrum of risk, you should worry more about face-to-face conversations and extended time in indoor spaces with people who are outside your household. “We don’t need to be paranoid — you can still play catch or press an elevator button — we just need to wash our hands and be mindful,” Tara told me. She has just published a guide to surface transmission, and I recommend it.
=======================================================

15 minutes of face to face talking to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.