Best Burgers in Santo Domingo

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Chef Pepper, hands down.

We went to Chef Pepper once, I had the burger but the only thing I remember was this homeless woman when we exited who put the hard sell on us. We ended up talking to her for about 1/2 hour. Shared a beer even. She probably still works that part of the street.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Service all over DR is horrendous, its because locals do not tip. Once you tip which I do the minute I sit down, the game changes.
I tip, and so does my Dominican wife, however level of service should never depend on tips because they are paid to serve. I have had excellent service in several restaurants in the DR.

Reactions: bienamor

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Service all over DR is horrendous, its because locals do not tip. Once you tip which I do the minute I sit down, the game changes.
unfortunately this does not work all the time......ive gone to numerous restaurants and tipped very well and still received the typical Dominican service ...after 3 or 4 times …..I adjust my tip to the standard of service...you would think most waiters and waitresses would recognize a tipper and " up " their service

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
unfortunately this does not work all the time......ive gone to numerous restaurants and tipped very well and still received the typical Dominican service ...after 3 or 4 times …..I adjust my tip to the standard of service...you would think most waiters and waitresses would recognize a tipper and " up " their service
your in DR bro ... most places the waitress have to share their tips with everyone on staff

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Tipping helps on a personal level, but on the whole, when you encounter better quality staff and service it means they are paid better wages and their employers provide proper training and motivational work. This is based on businesses I am familiar with on the east coast and other parts of the DR.

DonDimi

Nov 28, 2016
reservation is because it’s dusted in 24k gold and needs prior prep and not cheap for a burger.
Yes correct and also because the premium meat (from t bone steak + .... ) need to be as fresh as possible and grinned the same day ( ITS AN ART REALLY)
In New York city a gourmet Gold Burger goes as high as $200 USD ... and here for the same experience you get it for $20 USD ( but i hear they will be pulling this out of the menu and replacing it with ??? still a secret )

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Tipping helps on a personal level, but on the whole, when you encounter better quality staff and service it means they are paid better wages and their employers provide proper training and motivational work. This is based on businesses I am familiar with on the east coast and other parts of the DR.
tipping always works. I tip a few dollars when I sit down and I have their complete attention even at an AI works like charm while the cheapskates stand there looking at me.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My best burgers for me are the ones I make.

What do Americans and canoes do that Europeans don't do?

Tip

• Haha
Reactions: etolw

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Yes correct and also because the premium meat (from t bone steak + .... ) need to be as fresh as possible and grinned the same day ( ITS AN ART REALLY)
In New York city a gourmet Gold Burger goes as high as $200 USD ... and here for the same experience you get it for $20 USD ( but i hear they will be pulling this out of the menu and replacing it with ??? still a secret )
Really is this true? Your 200$ gourmet burger and you can experience same here? Pray tell where..maybe Per Se or 11 Mad? From your local coffee shop..cheeseburger burgers in NYC maybe $15-20.