The peso reaches historic depreciation; sales at RD$60 to 1 are reported

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The poorer is the local population - the more opportunities for buying and luxury living have expats there with dollars.
It is a well known fact for over a century. Only poor population will work for expats for so little money - landscapers, cleaners, women, sweepers, auto repair men, plumbers, etc.
With a rich local population expats will have the same labor prices like in USA and Europe. And will have to move out of this paradise.
So, be careful with your wishes. They may materialize.

My experience is the opposite....
My neighbors abhor working for other Dominicans... long hours, low pay

The girl in my house now worked for a local before and quit !!
6 days a week.... 7 to 7.... one woman lived there

When I asked what she did all day looking after 1 person ....
the same in afternoon as I did in the morning.... boring work

Because my personal experiences... I disagree w/ you

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Simple question. WHO has actually DONE an exchange and at what Real rate of the actual exchange?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sunny.... I do it every payday and more often frequently

I pay the going rate at Progreso.... 57.70 most recently

The current rates
==============================

El progreso es hoy
Sábado
Mayo
COMPRA US$
VENTA US$
COMPRA EUR€

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This one ?

read it again

May 10, 2020

RE: the recent flight POP - YYZ

a report by a friend

I have arrived safely in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada after a 2 day journey that started with a 5 hour drive over a mountain range to the Puerto Plata Int'l Airport on Friday to catch the last repatriation flight to Canada. It was organized by the Canadian Embassy and Dominican officials. There were actually 2 flights to accommodate demand.
The embassy stated that it would be the last flight for the "foreseeable future" and now I know why. The plane that came to get us was the only aircraft anywhere at the Puerto Plata airport. There were no other flights and all stores were closed. When we got to Toronto, Canada's largest airport, it was a ghost town with no open shops and rows of jetliners parked, with engines and wheels wrapped up, now that they are no longer in service.
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner I took to Vancouver on Saturday had 150 vacant seats and Air Canada agents told me that daily direct flights between the 2 cities was reduced from 12 to 3. The Vancouver airport likewise had an airliner parking lot and very little activity. I then waited in Vancouver for 7 hours to catch a small air craft to Victoria Int'l Airport. Masks were mandatory in all planes and airports.
I am now in 14 day isolation as instituted by the Canadian gov't back in late March. The Brits have dropped the ball with the management of Covid 19. Waiting until June 1st to institute a 14 day isolation period is simply negligent. We have half the population of the U.K. in Canada and 10% of their fatality rate.
We are opening up gradually in British Columbia effective tomorrow. We have 119 fatalities in B.C. and the curve has been completely flattened.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Simple question. WHO has actually DONE an exchange and at what Real rate of the actual exchange?
That's posted on the other thread. I got 58.25 at CaribeExpress on Monday or Tuesday in Cabarete. I think CR got 58.85 at a cambio in Santiago.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
temporary at best because the prices will increase to keep up and if the peso gets a little better in the future the prices never go back down
Peso will never get better in the future. And prices will not keep increasing. Since 97% of all consumers earn in pesos. They won`t be able to buy at higher prices.Only 3% (expats) have a luxury of dollars. They are the biggest winners of the growing dollar.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No I cannot. It will not be politically correct and universally appreciated and positively shared. No!Do not ask me! No!!

🐄💩
If you were going to take a coward's position when pressed on your initial assertion, why did you even make the ignorant statement to begin with?

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
🐄💩
If you were going to take a coward's position when pressed on your initial assertion, why did you even make the ignorant statement to begin with?
Because you are trying to provoke into saying something that is against "political correctness" or is subject to the censorship. I am not interested in it. If you do not posses sufficient amount of brain in the big head to understand simple and obvious things and you need further clarification and explanation - it is not my problem, madam! It is only your problem.
Have a nice day!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Because you are trying to provoke into saying something that is against "political correctness" or is subject to the censorship. I am not interested in it. If you do not posses sufficient amount of brain in the big head to understand simple and obvious things and you need further clarification and explanation - it is not my problem, madam! It is only your problem.
Have a nice day!

Richard, than feel free than to contact me via private message if you are so intimidated. No, we do not need to play this out in front of the community at large.
I can assure you, I am very far from being politically correct in any matter of life, so I will not be offended. The amount of brain matter you possess, especially in the cerebrum, is showing and telling to all. Private message me honey. :coffee::coffee:

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Richard, than feel free than to contact me via private message if you are so intimidated. No, we do not need to play this out in front of the community at large.
I can assure you, I am very far from being politically correct in any matter of life, so I will not be offended. The amount of brain matter you possess, especially in the cerebrum, is showing and telling to all. Private message me honey. :coffee::coffee:

Dear muchacho! Please do not take it personally. But you are not interesting for any communication. I see you are looking for some spam and trolling , my dear monitor warrior. But I on my end prefer to discuss the substance and to stay to the point of DR.1. Within the Forum`s Rules and Guidelines. Get well, my dear muchacho !

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Dear muchacho! Please do not take it personally. But you are not interesting for any communication. I see you are looking for some spam and trolling , my dear monitor warrior. But I on my end prefer to discuss the substance and to stay to the point of DR.1. Within the Forum`s Rules and Guidelines. Get well, my dear muchacho !

Surrender noted.(y)