Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
My homeland Norway follows the advice from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and their own experts, masks are not considered important and do not recommend those for the general public, but they are open to consider further research that can lead to another decision. So far they are doing quite well without masks.

Based on the lack of evidence, it has so far not been recommended that people who are not ill or who are not providing care to a patient should wear a mask to reduce influenza or COVID-19 transmission.

But nothing wrong with wearing a mask, it will give you protection as stated in this thread IF weared correctly and IF it is a proper medical mask and IF it is maintained/changed as required.

That is my understanding, I have followed the DR rules here and wear panties/fabric/mask when I am outside. In Norway I would not.

I have not a medical mask and is not interested in one before some agency/research shows me that I really should.

No problem understanding that someone else prefer to wear one. This is a new situation, nobody knows all the answers

"I have followed the DR rules here and wear panties/fabric/mask when I am outside. In Norway I would not."

Did I read this correctly?

Oh, the things people do in foreign lands.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Because Germany realized there is a highly contagious period within 7 days.
Because Germany says so, that's why Germany says so? :unsure:

Or are they saying so because windy said it? Hmm
Personen, die aus einem Staat außerhalb der Staatengruppe nach Abs. 4 in den Freistaat Bayern einreisen, sind verpflichtet, sich unverzüglich nach der Einreise auf direktem Weg in die eigene Wohnung oder eine andere geeignete Unterkunft zu begeben und sich für einen Zeitraum von 14 Tagen nach ihrer Einreise ständig dort abzusondern; dies gilt auch für Personen, die in den Freistaat Bayern aus einem anderen Land der Bundesrepublik Deutschland oder einem Staat der Staatengruppe nach Abs. 4 einreisen und sich in den letzten 72 Stunden vor der Einreise in einem Staat außerhalb der Staatengruppe nach Abs. 4 aufgehalten haben.“

The above quote from
Ordinance amending the Entry Quarantine Ordinance dated 15 May 2020.

Where is the updated official statement, sorry to ask but my google fu failed me this time...

Reactions: habi

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"I have followed the DR rules here and wear panties/fabric/mask when I am outside. In Norway I would not."

Did I read this correctly?

Oh, the things people do in foreign lands.

People in foreign lands --- and here

I notice recently - in my area.... there are more 'bra-less' women
can't speak to the panties ... but am informed that - Yes - less ropas interior being worn

A new freedom?
Cuarantena stress relief?
Pent up sexual desire?

It's a topic I may need to apply my skills to.... case studies - so to speak
Face to face / person to person interviews to determine the root of the problem

I will accept applications for internship.....in the study

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Here's a bit more on masks....etc

I think the opening sentence expresses the way we all feel - but may say it differently
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When experts recommend wearing masks, staying at least six feet away from others, washing your hands frequently and avoiding crowded spaces, what they’re really saying is: Try to minimize the amount of virus you encounter.
The immune system can see off a few viral particles without making you sick. But how much is needed for an infection to take root?
It wouldn’t be ethical for scientists to expose people to different doses of the coronavirus, as they do with milder cold viruses. Common respiratory viruses, like influenza and other coronaviruses, should offer some insight. But researchers have found little consistency.
For SARS, also a coronavirus, the estimated infective dose is just a few hundred particles. For MERS, it is much higher, on the order of thousands.
The new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, is more similar to SARS and, therefore, the infectious dose may be hundreds of particles, Dr. Rasmussen said.
But the virus has a history of defying predictions.
Generally, people who harbor high levels of pathogens — whether from influenza, H.I.V. or SARS — tend to have more severe symptoms and are more likely to pass on the infection.

But with the new coronavirus, people who have no symptoms may have just as much virus in their bodies as those who are seriously ill, some studies suggest.
Question?
I had influenza in Feb of this year.
Several of my neighbors had it as well.
Who is tracking the deaths from influenza
vs. covid1984?
Are they all being labled covid?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
What type of flu --- I had it too in February

Hi fever.... nothing above my throat....
no breathing problems but I wheezed at night.... squeaky breathing... but effortless, not constricted

I hunch it may have been the virus...
I had a coughing Asian in front of me on a flight the week before....
Seriously !!

It exhibits itself differently in every person - they say

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Personen, die aus einem Staat außerhalb der Staatengruppe nach Abs. 4 in den Freistaat Bayern einreisen, sind verpflichtet, sich unverzüglich nach der Einreise auf direktem Weg in die eigene Wohnung oder eine andere geeignete Unterkunft zu begeben und sich für einen Zeitraum von 14 Tagen nach ihrer Einreise ständig dort abzusondern; dies gilt auch für Personen, die in den Freistaat Bayern aus einem anderen Land der Bundesrepublik Deutschland oder einem Staat der Staatengruppe nach Abs. 4 einreisen und sich in den letzten 72 Stunden vor der Einreise in einem Staat außerhalb der Staatengruppe nach Abs. 4 aufgehalten haben.“

The above quote from
Ordinance amending the Entry Quarantine Ordinance dated 15 May 2020.

Where is the updated official statement, sorry to ask but my google fu failed me this time...

FYI Here in the DR it looks like they are using a mix of both, the 7/14 days... They guys whch came in with the Cruise Ships had 7 days quarantine in Boca Chica and after two negative test they where alowed to go home and have to self quarantine for an other 7 days (no idea who is checking that...).

Reactions: etolw

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
FYI Here in the DR it looks like they are using a mix of both, the 7/14 days... They guys whch came in with the Cruise Ships had 7 days quarantine in Boca Chica and after two negative test they where alowed to go home and have to self quarantine for an other 7 days (no idea who is checking that...).
7 days hotel gubmint and 7 days quarantined at home, equals 14 days quarantine total, not 7?

Last ferry flight from Spain allowed those who could document a recent PCR test to go home all 14 days of the quarantine.

I have not found any information on the German 7 days, as mentioned here.
Not true I believe

habi

Oct 17, 2015
7 days hotel gubmint and 7 days quarantined at home, equa14 ls days quarantine total, not 7?

Last ferry flight from Spain allowed those who could document a recent PCR test to go home all 14 days of the quarantine.

I have not found any information on the German 7 days, as mentioned here.
Not true I believe

Yes if they stay at home, but like mentioned who is checking them? Nadie! ;)

• Wow
Reactions: etolw

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Yes if they stay at home, but like mentioned who is checking them? Nadie! ;)
I am not the one who is going to find that out ;) But the birds are doing fine

La cuarentena domiciliaria por coronavirus no perjudica a las aves urbanas

• Haha
Reactions: habi

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
As I posted earlier in this thread, the border crossings to watch might not be those who come by air

1,200 soldiers are being sent to reinforce border surveillance at the instructions of Defense Minister Rubén Darío Paulino Sem and Major General Estanislao Gonell Regalado of the Joint Task Force, Siege and Patrol.

In addition to the military, aircraft and vehicles are being sent to the border area to join the operations carried out in the area. "The measure is due to the recent increase in COVID-19 in the neighboring country of Haiti and the possible attempt to re-enter Haitian nationals who voluntarily left the country because of the virus, who due to the reactivation of the productive sector of the nation, they could try to return again ”, indicates a communication.

With this increase in troops, the military high command guarantees the closure and surveillance of the 391 linear kilometers of land border, arranged by President Danilo Medina, to avoid the spread and spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Few seems to bother including their sources when they publish, going forward I will adhere to that habit until further notice;)

My panties are already wet :mad::D

View attachment 2455View attachment 2455

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Question?
I had influenza in Feb of this year.
Several of my neighbors had it as well.
Who is tracking the deaths from influenza
vs. covid1984?
Are they all being labled covid?
Just subtract 6000 casualties at the end of the year? Projected deaths due to influenza this year in DR if I remember correctly.

If separate stats is not tracked, but I guess they are?

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
On a side note, who is tracking life's saved due to less road accidents and increased hygiene. How many died this Easter vs. 2019? This year's Semana Santa was an disaster

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Just subtract 6000 casualties at the end of the year? Projected deaths due to influenza this year in DR if I remember correctly.

If separate stats is not tracked, but I guess they are?
Reported data showed that influenza activity had decreased substantially. The emergence of COVID-19, spreading through respiratory transmission, required the implementation of physical distancing measures throughout the region, and this likely contributed to an abrupt end to the influenza season.

Anyway, we are in for the long run with this one. Has an recovered person immunity? Is herd immunity possible?

Will there be a vaccine that works?

Learn to live with it, adapt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.