Will the National State of Emergency expire on 1 June 2020?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm still making payments on the one I bought in Brooklyn.
If

I say let the SOE expire but make the curfew permanent.
The tranquility at night is just fine with me.
Sounds good. I can't think of a better
way to entice tourist back and stimulate the Dominican economy. I have no idea
where the over-whelming majority of GDP and year after year economic growth has come from the last 10 years. Permanent curfew is a great idea.

• Wow
Reactions: etolw

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So what's the verdict, is the curfew ending after today? I haven't been able to find reference to another Presidential address and nothing mentioned on the local news sites.

Sep 4, 2012
So what's the verdict, is the curfew ending after today? I haven't been able to find reference to another Presidential address and nothing mentioned on the local news sites.

SoE was approved for 12 more days, today Senators will get together to finalize their vote - a decree am sure will follow with curfew details.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
SoE was approved for 12 more days, today Senators will get together to finalize their vote - a decree am sure will follow with curfew details.
Indeed. I expect 12 more days of curfew, but the president needs to decide that. And in about a week we will see if all of the shutdowns and restrictions end immediately at the end of those 12 days if another extension of the SOE is not approved, as the Chamber of Deputies claimed for the second time. Is the third time the charm?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I forgot about the Senate needing to vote again. Right down to the wire this time. Thx for the info.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It opens for me Monday.
Barbershops and hardware stores are open. I can get beers in a bar (can't tell you which ones), but the police don't bother us and know they are serving.
And I am even sitting in some restaurants (2) and eating.
The gym isn't open but I suspect will be soon.
POP airport opens July 4th. By then no one will even f*ck with these silly masks and it will be the end of mind control
Gyms will open either on July 1 or the date the SOE ends under the current situations. This is also based upon the owners of the gym's desire to reopen

Sep 4, 2012
Indeed. I expect 12 more days of curfew, but the president needs to decide that. And in about a week we will see if all of the shutdowns and restrictions end immediately at the end of those 12 days if another extension of the SOE is not approved, as the Chamber of Deputies claimed for the second time. Is the third time the charm?

12 more days will placed us middle of June, the PODR will request yet another extension right before the 12, PRM will kick and scream and at the end will provide another 10 days at least. By that time will be end of June, first week of July is election day thus mission accomplished.

Write my words.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
12 more days will placed us middle of June, the PODR will request yet another extension right before the 12, PRM will kick and scream and at the end will provide another 10 days at least. By that time will be end of June, first week of July is election day thus mission accomplished.

Write my words.
What are your words for after that 10 day extension you expect to happen? Another extension?

I don't expect the PLD will have the presidency after the election, but of course that changes only after the new president is sworn in down the road.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you haven't already done so, now is
probably a good time to say goodbye
to your favorite nightclub, discotech and
late night eateries.

Sep 4, 2012
What are your words for after that 10 day extension you expect to happen? Another extension?

I don't expect the PLD will have the presidency after the election, but of course that changes only after the new president is sworn in down the road.

No extension after the second wave which would take us to the end of June. There will be only days to count down until election day at that time-frame.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If you haven't already done so, now is
probably a good time to say goodbye
to your favorite nightclub, discotech and
late night eateries.

What a boost to the environment this will be. It is about time. Nothing but positives, if I must say so.

• Angry
Reactions: etolw

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
whats the status of infection rates? are the hospitals full? one can only guess, but must still be on the rise with this action.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I would like to add Beach Access, and are willing to bargain the curfew hours, 5-8am. No problem with that list otherwise

P.S Are high end restaurants able to call themself food-trucks? Maybe take away at a hole in the wall?

Reactions: Son of a sailor