Some Kind of Special Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You are so correct. With all the sh#t going on in the world how could be any cause of aggravation. I tip the baggers to let me bag it myself. Never a problem.
You pay them to watch you ?
Can I get 50 pesos to watch too ?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
As real as it gets - they are idiots. Let's not sugar coat it to be "politically correct". When you make excuses for blatant stupidity you promulgate it.

A good bagger , who is polite, might get bigger tips or get noticed by Playero and move into a paid position.

If they are depending on tips for income then you would think they would learn how to bag efficiently and protect customers' food and thereby make bigger tips.
In the future I will keep my eye on them and force them aside, especially the one today - he won't touch my groceries again.
And what kind of dunce puts a hot roasted chicken on top of a Hershey bar ? At 7 years old, without instructions, I would have known better than that.
He is a fool with no glimmer of advancing in life. Probably being a bag boy is the pinnacle of his career.
As it's been said...what type of idiot.?

Reactions: etolw

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
When we did our groceries at Janet’s we always bought a lot, for at least two weeks. I used to tell politely: “ Por favor, pan con pan, vegetales con vegetales, carne con carne, bebidas con bebidas...y las tres latas de cerveza fria son para el Camino”. Never had a problem. Then my wife is so smart to put the groceries on the belt in the right order.

Reactions: Caonabo

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Get a recycle bag from national the green one....... carry your own..... I don't leave home without it;;;

quick story the other day got a loaf of bread and tomatoes, peppinos,, 3 separate bags ...I told him put all the stuff in the green bag the look was priceless... than flipped him 25pesos ..

Reactions: Caonabo and aarhus
Sep 22, 2009
Get a recycle bag from national the green one....... carry your own..... I don't leave home without it;;;

quick story the other day got a loaf of bread and tomatoes, peppinos,, 3 separate bags ...I told him put all the stuff in the green bag the look was priceless... than flipped him 25pesos ..
Without my plastic double bags, I feel like I'm not doing my part to contribute to climate change.

Reactions: Caonabo

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Solution = do not shop there any longer.

If he does not shop there he cannot complain.
It is common knowledge worldwide with bag people you need to tell them what you want.

It is a set up. First stand there and ignore the bagger.
When they do not bag according to your secret idea you can complain, build resentments and even have sexual fantasy?
And the end goal is reached.
You get "evidence" of your preconceived notions about dominicans.
And you come toj dr1 and share the "evidence" supporting your views.
The goal was never to have your groceries bagged according to the way you liked was it?
Hard to do when you keep it a secret.
And the reward is resentment.
Versus
Say hello to the cashier and look to use her name.
Ditto to bagger.
While still watching the register (so the dominicans cannot cheat you) you TIP the bag person and say thanks while explaining your idea of bagging.

Only thing missing is the resentment.
People know you do not like them.

I like the kids doing the bagging in Playero.
I have one goal.
I want my stuff my way and I usually get it, well sometimes anyway.

"Un examined life is not worth living."
Different zeitgeist I suppose.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Read my Ex-Pat Fatigue Syndrome thread.....

says almost exactly that..... if you keep struggling/resisting your new country....you'll be very unhappy
embrace what you can.... you'll adjust better

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Well I would love to introduce you too him. He's tall, medium build, close cut hair, about 17 with a vacant, empty look like he just ate paste and is horribly constipated but still thinking about getting his next rice and beans banquet, then retiring to his room with lotion and a tissue

You'll have to pardon me for suggesting that the Playero bag boy is not the one here who might need to close himself away in a room with some lotion and a tissue.
lol.
Just suggesting.

In my grocery store they have school kids bagging to amass money for various school trips etc.
I bag myself then ask what the event is and drop a tooney in the jar to ensure they don't think I'm trying to weasel out on the tip.

rockito50

Jan 9, 2020
OK where do they find the morons to do bagging in Playero ? Don't they train them slightly ?
I bought a hot roasted chicken which the dumb f*ck put in a funda on top of the Hershey bar and then on top of that he put somecold yogurt, and a bag of Oreos.

Then he bagged 6 Presidentes in cans, with 6 Ginger Ales, also in cans all in one bag (not double bagged), sure the cans look similar, but 12 cans in a single bag ? ! Of course it ripped open on the way to the car and split two cans of Ginger Ale.
And the Hersey bar melted, naturally,.... it was under a hot bag of chicken, duh ?
Next time i am going to insist on bagging myself or at least supervise the autistic bag boy. Playero - Train those monkeys !
And on top of that I had given the dumsh*t a 50 peso tip before I realized what sloppy bagging job he'd done.
Maybe my fault for thinking he knew how to bag, a really complicated job !
Sloppy bagging = $0 future tips
Instead of bitching about it, you dont like it bag it yourself. you want someone to feel for you cause of a hershey bar.... lmfao im sure the Kid just didnt like you.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Went yesterday. Due to heavy shopping needed help with extra dog food and a case or 2 of other things that we asked staff to get rather then take off the shelves. Perfect and we showed our appreciation. Check out was fine with very little instructions, none really, needed to bag boys that loaded car. BIG TIPS and thanks.

Sep 22, 2009
Went yesterday. Due to heavy shopping needed help with extra dog food and a case or 2 of other things that we asked staff to get rather then take off the shelves. Perfect and we showed our appreciation. Check out was fine with very little instructions, none really, needed to bag boys that loaded car. BIG TIPS and thanks.

Screenshot_20200606-214943.png

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I ALWAYS do my own bagging at Playero. I worked in a supermarket when I was in high school, back in the day of brown paper bags, and these poor kids are clueless. I do think that the plastic bags are a problem; however, the mindset of putting all the bottles in one bag and having no idea of putting hot stuff with hot stuff and cold stuff with cold stuff just seems counterintuitive. But they probably get no training whatsoever. And because there is something wrong with me, I do still tip them, even though I do the bagging.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
OK where do they find the morons to do bagging in Playero ? Don't they train them slightly ?
I bought a hot roasted chicken which the dumb f*ck put in a funda on top of the Hershey bar and then on top of that he put somecold yogurt, and a bag of Oreos.

Then he bagged 6 Presidentes in cans, with 6 Ginger Ales, also in cans all in one bag (not double bagged), sure the cans look similar, but 12 cans in a single bag ? ! Of course it ripped open on the way to the car and split two cans of Ginger Ale.
And the Hersey bar melted, naturally,.... it was under a hot bag of chicken, duh ?
Next time i am going to insist on bagging myself or at least supervise the autistic bag boy. Playero - Train those monkeys !
And on top of that I had given the dumsh*t a 50 peso tip before I realized what sloppy bagging job he'd done.
Maybe my fault for thinking he knew how to bag, a really complicated job !
Sloppy bagging = $0 future tips
A good way to demonstrate a positive attitude to ecology would be to come with your own, multi-use bag. There is too much plastic on this planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.