Mothers Day stirs up business in many stores

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Tiendas-Madres-El-Caribe-e1591020680304.jpg

Crowds of shoppers were out this weekend to get that gift for mother. In the Dominican Republic, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the last Sunday in May. This weekend was a payday weekend, and thousands of workers had just returned to their jobs after almost two months.Merchants interviewed by El Caribe said shopping had been slow during the week, but picked up by the weekend.

Monday news reports on the holiday buying spree indicate that sales were beyond expectations.

Read more in Spanish:El Caribe Listin Diario

1 June 2020

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Don't see one person without a mask on. Good job DR.

It is not restricted to RD. Have you seen the mask wearing which is not occurring in so called "hot spots" across the globe this past week? Perhaps not.
May I ask your opinion as to how long people should continue to wear these silly masks here in RD with daily temperatures of 32c/90f?

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
just when inside with a bunch of strangers, like popping into the market, or ochoa. no need otherwise. for how long? no idea.
to me, closing beaches is dumb, the more time spent outdoors, the better.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
just when inside with a bunch of strangers, like popping into the market, or ochoa. no need otherwise. for how long? no idea.
to me, closing beaches is dumb, the more time spent outdoors, the better.

I am in agreement with you, as much of the enclosed spaces do provide air conditioning. I have seen far too many examples of people suffering from breathing difficulties due to wearing the masks in this heat. Absolutely dreadful for asthmatics.

Reactions: Son of a sailor