When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The fact that you want to visit your family is commendable. Hopefully, thay want you to visit just as much as you desire.

You have been a "well-known" member of this community for a very long time. Your profile states 15 years. With that being the case, you should be aware that most web forum boards once past 24 hours of postings and responses, become nothing more than developing or concrete opinions....not so much "information". I do not believe it is information you seek, but rather once again, empathy. Hence, the victim statement. This is a pattern of yours that plays out frequently, across numerous thread lines within, which I have observed during my brief three seasons as a participating member of this web forum.

For true information, I believe you should rely #1...on what your family here in RD can share with you, and #2...what Ms. Dolores posts every single morning within the Daily Headline News. These sources are grounded in facts that can assist you, rather than opinions.

Empathy is one thing. Information another.

I would hope my daughter would like to see me. Don't worry, I will not respond anymore to you.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I did not spend an hour or more listening to what the hotel owners want. Were decisions made by the government regarding any restrictions made upon tourists entering the country when the airports open? Such as quarantines, staying on the grounds of resorts, etc?

That s the million dollar question 😎

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
They

They could easily post extra guards at those points. Could a few still manage to escape? Probably, but too few to mention.

Most people that go to AI's couldn't care less about leaving the resort.
As I previously posted, it’s easy to escape the confines of Playa Dorada. Your probably right about the resort clientele that will actually arrive in July. The hard core party and drinking resort crowd rarely go off resort. The fact that there are smaller crowds and they don’t have to rush down to the beach to commandeer their spot for the day may be be a draw for some. It will be interesting to see how they do the beach isolation zones. Will the beach vendors be allowed to approach resort clientele or will they be limited to a designated space within the resort to display their wares? Resort pools are big gathering areas. What happens to those? Animation teams are going to have their work cut out for them to adapt to all this. How do you control people who are drunk and won’t obey distancing rules. The resort security staff tend to stick to their main job of gate security. I can’t see them trying to herd a bunch of drunks. The Tourist Police rarely come in to the resorts except to eat their free noon meals. That’s primarily why I want to stay well away from resorts if I arrive in July. They are going to be zoos for a while.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I would hope my daughter would like to see me. Don't worry, I will not respond anymore to you.

I as well hope so, and wish you luck in your pursuits. Again, I repeat, you should rely #1...on what your family here in RD can share with you, and #2...what Ms. Dolores posts every single morning within the Daily Headline News. These sources are grounded in facts.
Again, good luck to you.

Reactions: aarhus

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
If the DR requires a 7 day or 14 day quarantine upon arrival, after they open the country, obviously no tourists will come.

When they open the country they will also lift any quarantine and substitute Covid 19 protocals for entering. You would think this would be a fairly obvious concept to understand.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
Just confirmed!!! My flight June 5th from San Juan to Santiago is operational! They say they heard from several people the whole July 1st thing but the flight is officially confirmed and open to US citizens only requirement is return flight. I will be back in DR tomorrow!

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Just confirmed!!! My flight June 5th from San Juan to Santiago is operational! They say they heard from several people the whole July 1st thing but the flight is officially confirmed and open to US citizens only requirement is return flight. I will be back in DR tomorrow!
is this normal, they won't let you in the country with the tourist visa without a return flight? assuming they were talking about coming in as "tourist" and not with residence

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please post again after you arrive. I don't expect you will be here tomorrow, but I could be wrong.

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
Are you flying in as a legal resident or with the tourist visa? Can you post here if you are successful in being allowed into the DR and any issues or measures to take to ensure others Of us can? I have a flight booked for SDQ and PUJ in July 1. Hoping SDQ will be opened. Closer to my home. And if I have the opportunity to fly back to the DR before July1 I would like to. Any info would help

Reactions: drstock

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
Are you flying in as a legal resident or with the tourist visa? Can you post here if you are successful in being allowed into the DR and any issues or measures to take to ensure others Of us can? I have a flight booked for SDQ and PUJ in July 1. Hoping SDQ will be opened. Closer to my home. And if I have the opportunity to fly back to the DR before July1 I would like to. Any info would help
Tourist Visa. I will post at 10:30am tomorrow when I land.

Reactions: csteinwand

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes it’s normal sometimes they ask when you leave at departing airport sometimes not
The airlines are required by the Dominican government to verify if you are a DR citizen or legal resident for a one way ticket in to the DR. If you are not a legal resident or DR citizen, the DR government requires them to have you show the airline that you have a return flight. Just because airlines do not always do this, it does not mean it is not a requirement. The airline can be fined heavily if they ignore this requirement.

Reactions: keepcoming

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
correction. I will post at 11:00am when I land and get past security. If they try to quarantine me I will show my negative test for the virus, bribe someone, ask to self quarantine at home, also show I am under medical care from a doctor at hospital HOMS, I will figure it out one way or the other.

Does anyone else know anything about them doing a quarantine for people arriving at the airport? I am going to ask a friend to drive to Santiago airport and ask someone if they are doing mandatory quarantine. If they try I am sure I can pay someone off as a last resort.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
How are people leaving dominican republic to come back to USA??? I dont see any return flights to USA until July?? I head something about ferry flights or a ferry?
HOW DO YOU GET BACK INTO USA? If I fly from Puerto Rico to Santiago and want to come back in a few days I am only going to get my medicine from the hospital and want to come back to Puerto Rico or anywhere in the USA how do I do this?? Are any airlines operating??

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How are people leaving dominican republic to come back to USA??? I dont see any return flights to USA until July?? I head something about ferry flights or a ferry?
HOW DO YOU GET BACK INTO USA? If I fly from Puerto Rico to Santiago and want to come back in a few days I am only going to get my medicine from the hospital and want to come back to Puerto Rico or anywhere in the USA how do I do this?? Are any airlines operating??

Wait a minute........... :unsure:
hop-scotching between closed fronteras just to get medicines :unsure:

source.gif

• Love

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
The disorganization amazes me lol.

Just got off the phone with the Dominican Consulate in Chicago about my residency visa (off topic) but they assured me I couldn't travel from the U.S. as a tourist until at least July 5th.

And right now the process of turning around the residence visa application is up to 12 weeks.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
The disorganization amazes me lol.

Just got off the phone with the Dominican Consulate in Chicago about my residency visa (off topic) but they assured me I couldn't travel from the U.S. as a tourist until at least July 5th.

And right now the process of turning around the residence visa application is up to 12 weeks.
I booked this flight weeks ago and I don't see any other flight this entire month. So I guess I got lucky.

HOW CAN I CAN BACK INTO USA??? I dont see any flights or ferries from Dominican Republic to USA????

Does anyone know how you can get back to USA from Domincan Republic?

• Haha

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
its not closed they are allowing the flight. How can I get back into USA do you know any flights or ferry flights to get back into usa?
There won't be any regular flights back from the DR until after 7/1 when the airports are deemed "open". You must contact the airlines directly to see if there are any more ferry flights scheduled from the DR to the US. Try JetBlue or United. The ferry flights do not show up on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.