When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sit back and relax. Wait to see what happens in July. As long as the borders remain closed you won't be able to enter the DR regardless of what some phone twit at an airline says. Otherwise head to the beach at night and look for a go-fast coming this way...

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Maybe the stock market knows something about pending openings. American Airlines and Delta stock are up super strong this a.m in pre-market trading.

Reactions: nyc boy

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Destinations will eventually reopen. Any airline that was going to go out of business should have done so by now. Stock price is probably as low as it is going to go, so buy low sell high I would imagine.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
Flight Cancelled. Bastards at Silver airlines lies to try and get me to not cancel flight and keep money
I had looked at Silver a while back when looking at flights, I recall they had a one star rating, maybe two. Reviews indicated communication with clients as being abysmal. Hope you get your money back. I think they are based out of Florida.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Flight Cancelled. Bastards at Silver airlines lies to try and get me to not cancell flight and keep money
Well, there ya go (don't go, actually). It was a sure thing that any passenger flight into the DR would be cancelled at this time.

How much money would you have lost on bets?

Did you get a refund?

It is best to rebook a flight at least after the government reopening schedule actually shows the airports could be open.
In July, for example.

Unless you want to bet that the State of Emergency is not renewed in the middle of June?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
sorry windy... the Silver flight

Search Results
JetBlue B6 5520

San Juan to Santiago De Los Caballeros

JetBlue

B6 5520

Cancelled

9:00 am
10:30 am
Updated 2h 17m ago

SJU

STI

Scheduled departure TerminalGate Scheduled arrival TerminalGate
San Juan · Fri, June 5 Santiago De Los Caballeros · Fri, June 5
9:00 am B B2 10:30 am

Reactions: windeguy

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Flight Cancelled. Bastards at Silver airlines lies to try and get me to not cancell flight and keep money

Scott18684

How do you know this? Where are you getting this info from? What is pre-clearence? I have spoke to the airline and they said the flight is going and I am fine to go with being a usa citizen

windeguy

Today at 4:44 AM
Scott18684 said:
So why would the airline tell me they contacted the airport and it is confirmed santiago airport will be open and the flight is scheduled to arrive. Why would they say that when all the previous flights they cancelled? They were very specific.
That will be the question I would like you to ask them today after you are not allowed to fly into the DR.
What is your airline and flight number from PR to DR? ] END QUOTE

And so the story went,
The airline would tell you the flight is confirmed, in order to collect your money first.
You were told that there are no incoming passengers allowed into the DR.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Could be worse Escott

we have a story of 2 Cdns who were cleared to land/enter at PUJ..... both DR reasidents

They were met at the [plane by the authorities and refused entry.... Citizens only are allowed
They were flown back..... the ticket in the toilet bowl

Count your blessings

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Silver??? ya gets what ya pays for. Did you research them before you purchased your ticket? I'd fly spirit before I do silver, and thats saying a WHOLE lot.

nyc boy

Oct 16, 2004
good thing is new york is starting to open let them be the guinea pig ....than DR will follow what happens there..

Sad part is the gringos dont have any money to come here.. they havent work in 5months
The "gringos" you mention are getting more money from unemployment benefits that they were when they were working. PLEASE get your facts straight.

Reactions: austriaco and cavok

nyc boy

Oct 16, 2004
American didnt announce anything to DR
The reason for the rise in the stocks of the airlines is because people are buying tickets to the DR at exhorbitant prices even though the border is still closed. Dominican government will open it's borders by August 1st. In the interim, the airlines are selling tickets as if the Dominican borders were already open

Status
Not open for further replies.