North Coast Road work? Is it happening?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I can't see them continuing to pave through Cabarete. The road in town is in pretty good shape. Maybe up to, or a little, past, Viva Wyndham(?)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can't see them continuing to pave through Cabarete. The road in town is in pretty good shape. Maybe up to, or a little, past, Viva Wyndham(?)
You may be correct despite the original promise to be all the way to Nagua. I hope they do pave through Cabarete. Never be a better time to do it. Opportunities like this happen only once every pandemic.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Pandemic aside, the other reason to continue to pave post haste is the upcoming presidential election. Who knows what paving products will be available after the PLD is punched out of the highest office?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You may be correct despite the original promise to be all the way to Nagua. I hope they do pave through Cabarete. Never be a better time to do it. Opportunities like this happen only once every pandemic.
It's possible, but it sure would be the first time I can think of that they paved a road before it was in totally deplorable condition. the highway east of Cabarete is in good condition to Sabaneta except through Islabon. I haven't been east of Sabaneta to GH, so I don't know how it is now(?).

I doubt they could make it to Sabaneta by the election and I ex[ect the work to stop after the election is over. I would much rather they do some paving on hwy 21 to Moca, but I doubt that will happen.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's possible, but it sure would be the first time I can think of that they paved a road before it was in totally deplorable condition. the highway east of Cabarete is in good condition to Sabaneta except through Islabon. I haven't been east of Sabaneta to GH, so I don't know how it is now(?).

I doubt they could make it to Sabaneta by the election and I ex[ect the work to stop after the election is over. I would much rather they do some paving on hwy 21 to Moca, but I doubt that will happen.
Agreed, the road through Cabarete isn't at all bad except for a small section where Lifestyles kindly dug up the new surface outside their place. The road westbound through Islabon urgently needs repair, with vehicles going all over the road to avoid the craters. I drove through Sabaneta onwards to the east towards Nagua this week and it's pretty smooth all the way, except for the town of 1,000 policias acostadas - Rio San Juan.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Those who point out the election will happen before the road gets very far have a point. After the election, what is the motivation to continue?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well, it looks like they're going to continue through Cabarete. The old asphalt on the eastbound lane has been removed all the way past Banco Popular to Hotel Kaoba. Seems like total waste to me. The only bad spot is in front of Lifestyles - a pothole.

How about that short stretch on hwy 25 from Montellano to Santiago. I wonder if they're finally paving that(?).

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Well, it looks like they're going to continue through Cabarete. The old asphalt on the eastbound lane has been removed all the way past Banco Popular to Hotel Kaoba. Seems like total waste to me. The only bad spot is in front of Lifestyles - a pothole.

How about that short stretch on hwy 25 from Montellano to Santiago. I wonder if they're finally paving that(?)

Did pas that part last Saturday and there was still no asphalt from Camu till Tubagua and it did not look like they are working on the road (despite all the signs saying "Hombres trabajandos")... ;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

How about that short stretch on hwy 25 from Montellano to Santiago. I wonder if they're finally paving that(?).
I for one will be happy if they pave the entire stretch as they said they would. But they better hurry, the election is less than a month away.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I for one will be happy if they pave the entire stretch as they said they would. But they better hurry, the election is less than a month away.
Three weeks ago they were a little east of Ocean Village. It's completely paved all the way to Sea Winds condos. I think they'll be all the way through Cabarete in 10 days. I doubt they'll make it to Sabaneta before the election - if they even try(?).

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
After the election, as I have seen before, all bets are off and Sabaneta onward takes its chances for the road to be renewed. At least all of Cabarete is likely.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
After the election, as I have seen before, all bets are off and Sabaneta onward takes its chances for the road to be renewed. At least all of Cabarete is likely.
It's too bad that they apparently are not working on the short unfinished stretch of the Routa Touristic(hwy 25). It could help the north coast recover if it were easier for weathier Santiagueros to come here.

Reactions: habi

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Three weeks ago they were a little east of Ocean Village. It's completely paved all the way to Sea Winds condos. I think they'll be all the way through Cabarete in 10 days. I doubt they'll make it to Sabaneta before the election - if they even try(?).
If they can just make it to resurface through Islabon I'll be happy!

Reactions: cavok
Sep 22, 2009
If they can just make it to resurface through Islabon I'll be happy!
The Harley boys can't wait til it's all the way to Gaspar. This way when they cruise out and back from dusk to dawn lookin' for the love of their lives everyday, it will be smooth sailing in 6th gear with mami in tow. Yee haw!!