When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc boy

Oct 16, 2004
Maybe the stock market knows something about pending openings. American Airlines and Delta stock are up super strong this a.m in pre-market trading.
Anerican and Delta are selling tickets for flights in July at outrageous prices. It looks like Dominicans are desperate to get the hell out of the USA. Protests, rioting looting. The USA is operating like a 3rd world country.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
EU is opening its boarders inside. But the hotels can only have about 50 % occupied to avoid covid. Much will be x-times overbooked. During flights one has to ware mask. So 10 hours to DR with mask, at least for me nogo.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Salsa....
from what I read they do NOT enforce the mask rule...

Flight attendants are told to advise not enforce the mask rule

“If you’re traveling right now, be prepared to advocate for yourself,” she wrote, adding that, “United did not follow their own social distancing guidelines,” and many travelers were not wearing masks.
Nicole Carriere, a spokeswoman for United, said that face coverings are mandatory for all employees and passengers onboard and the airline is providing free masks to customers who need them. In instances where people refuse to wear a mask, they can be pulled aside “to further understand their concerns and discuss options,” Ms. Carriere said. “This would include things like moving them to a new seat where they could maintain a safe social distance from other passengers.”
Denying someone boarding would be a “last resort,” she said.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
We will soon know. Airports are announced to open in July. Now during June they will have to announce how it will work with tourism and travel into the country.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
For the Europeans in the room, I am reasonably confident that BA is going to try and fly Gatwick to Punta Cana starting Sunday 19th July. They will fly out a spare crew who will overnight and return with the first Punta Cana to London service on 20th July. Lots of reasons I believe this is going to happen, I can go into detail if people need me to. At this stage the UK government is still telling everyone not to leave the country and the Dominican one hasn't opened any hotels, so quite a lot needs to happen between now and then to make this happen. But this is the most likely scenario.

Reactions: Linda Stapleton

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
For the Europeans in the room, I am reasonably confident that BA is going to try and fly Gatwick to Punta Cana starting Sunday 19th July. They will fly out a spare crew who will overnight and return with the first Punta Cana to London service on 20th July. Lots of reasons I believe this is going to happen, I can go into detail if people need me to. At this stage the UK government is still telling everyone not to leave the country and the Dominican one hasn't opened any hotels, so quite a lot needs to happen between now and then to make this happen. But this is the most likely scenario.
Thanks. I will be keeping an eye on this. But the last I heard was that people coming into England by plane had to be in quarantine for 14 days....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that starts tomorrow (8th) - I read - the plan/idea to quarantine but ran into objections

is it passed ? will go into effect?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that starts tomorrow (8th) - I read - the plan/idea to quarantine but ran into objections

is it passed ? will go into effect?
seems - yes , starts tomorrow
from The Telegraph

The Government’s quarantine plans due to be implemented tomorrow are full of loopholes, critics of the measure have warned.

Quash Quarantine, a group of 500 travel companies that accounts for more than £10billion of sales in the industry, has called the policy that means all international arrivals into the UK must isolate for 14 days, rushed and unworkable.

Paul Charles, co-leader of the campaign and chief executive of travel consultancy The PC Agency, said: “There are more holes than in a sieve in this unworkable, poorly-thought and economically damaging Government policy.”

He pointed out that he would be able to take an essential trip to Nice, or Rome, for example, from London Heathrow, spend a week abroad before returning to an airport in Scotland, where the law is not in place, and hire a car and drive back to London without needing to quarantine. Others have pointed out that travellers could end their quarantine period by leaving the country again until the policy is ended.

IAG, the owner of British Airways, has launched a legal challenge against the quarantine plans, calling them "unfair"; it is understood to be supported by Ryanair and easyJet.

The Government has said the measures will be in place for three weeks before a review. The Home Office says the policy is necessary to prevent a second wave of the coronavirus.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
seems - yes , starts tomorrow
from The Telegraph

The Government’s quarantine plans due to be implemented tomorrow are full of loopholes, critics of the measure have warned.

Quash Quarantine, a group of 500 travel companies that accounts for more than £10billion of sales in the industry, has called the policy that means all international arrivals into the UK must isolate for 14 days, rushed and unworkable.

Paul Charles, co-leader of the campaign and chief executive of travel consultancy The PC Agency, said: “There are more holes than in a sieve in this unworkable, poorly-thought and economically damaging Government policy.”

He pointed out that he would be able to take an essential trip to Nice, or Rome, for example, from London Heathrow, spend a week abroad before returning to an airport in Scotland, where the law is not in place, and hire a car and drive back to London without needing to quarantine. Others have pointed out that travellers could end their quarantine period by leaving the country again until the policy is ended.

IAG, the owner of British Airways, has launched a legal challenge against the quarantine plans, calling them "unfair"; it is understood to be supported by Ryanair and easyJet.

The Government has said the measures will be in place for three weeks before a review. The Home Office says the policy is necessary to prevent a second wave of the coronavirus.
So this is about the UK and its "hole-ridden" quarantine program and not one in the DR.

Mm530

Dec 28, 2014
Anerican and Delta are selling tickets for flights in July at outrageous prices. It looks like Dominicans are desperate to get the hell out of the USA. Protests, rioting looting. The USA is operating like a 3rd world country.

This is not factual. There are peaceful protests in major cities due to police brutality , but a 3rd world country ??? 😂😂😂

Dominicans are NOT in a rush to get out of US or anyone for that matter.

Due to obvious reasons, airlines have cut up
to 85% of flights . There are exponentially less flights therefore prices will not be what they were pre-covid for now at least.

Due to industry economics and gvt. restrictions.... the airline industry is one of the most hurt of all.

3rd World country ??? The nerve jaja

Mm530

Dec 28, 2014
might i suggest you do the same?

Yes we ARE 🇺🇸. The average US citizen is getting $1,000 USD weekly... We also received a " stimulus" check for $1,200 USD . There will be another one - timecheck in the coming weeks for another 1,200$ USD.

God Bless America 🇺🇸❤

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Let’s stick to facts.

The majority of Americans have not stopped working. More are working from home so their pay has remained as is.

If you are on unemployment, you may receive an additional benefit from the federal government in addition to the state benefit.

Many did or will receive a stimulus check for 1,200 per household adult and 500 per child under 17 if income qualifications are met.

There are no additional stimulus checks being sent as Congress and the President would need to sign off on such a measure.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Peaceful? What are you smoking?
There have been some peaceful protests, my son posted photos of the one in Cherry Hill, NJ as they passed by his office building. Hundreds of them, accompanied by police. No violence, no looting, no fights. I wish they all were like that.

But this has nothing to do with DR reopening, so can we please get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.