When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
This was posted yesterday Protocolo para reactivar los servicios aeros on JAC's website.

So temperature check on arrival and if a passenger has a temperature superior to 38 Celsius or other symptoms, they will be subjected to a Covid 19 rapid test. The use of mask will be mandatory within the premises of the airport, among others measures.....It seems to me that airports will be cleaner and less chaotics.:)

New: formulario de declaración jurada de Salud :unsure:
I don't understand the point of temperature checks when you pass this virus when you're asymptomatic. When it arrived from China those people passed the temperature checks and boarded planes to become symptomatic days later.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Captain's Log, Stardate 26 June, 1334hrs.

We have a UPS cargo flight arriving in Santo Domingo (SDQ) from Miami (MIA).
We have a private plane which just departed La Romana (LRM), to parts unknown.
No further aircraft activity within RD airspace as of this entry.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
How about this, eh?

Someone is smoking the drapes again. No Cdn airlines have announced any intention of flying to the DR on a regular basis and until that happens there will be no Cdn tourists here

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Captain's Log, Stardate 26 June, 1426hrs.

We have a StratAir cargo flight arriving in Santo Domingo (SDQ) from San Juan (SJU).
We have 8 private planes arriving into RD from various regions of Puerto Rico, as of this entry.
The weekend fun begins again, for some.

Reactions: Clandestino

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Someone is smoking the drapes again. No Cdn airlines have announced any intention of flying to the DR on a regular basis and until that happens there will be no Cdn tourists here

You can fly from Canada via Miami or NY, found a flight for $400. But yes, until the Canadian tour operators and airlines return, there won't be masses of Canadians arriving.

Reactions: aarhus

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I don't understand the point of temperature checks when you pass this virus when you're asymptomatic. When it arrived from China those people passed the temperature checks and boarded planes to become symptomatic days later.
The protocols are a joke. Other than distancing and masks. How is flying in a pressurized cabin part of a protocol to avoid Covid-19. Think about that for a minute. I agree.

Reactions: Andre14615

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
The protocols are a joke. Other than distancing and masks. How is flying in a pressurized cabin part of a protocol to avoid Covid-19. Think about that for a minute. I agree.
Wear a properly fitted N95 mask during your travel time and you should be ok. Don't touch your face as well. When you get to your house, hotel, or apartment, strip and shower.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

In a ideal word, everyone should be tested on arrivals or better pre-boarding, but that's just impossible.

I have 6 people in my family who tested positive to the virus and a couple of friends as well, none of them had flown recently (mind you they are all home with a bad cold, others have/had barely any symptoms, 0 were hospitalized). Among quite a few people I know who flew, nada. The only person I know who passed away from COVID-19, was in his 30s but not exactly in the best health as he was close to 400 lbs.

I have been tested once for both COVID and antibody, both were negative. I will do a test again a couple days before I fly.

So, Yes, I thought about it, will take necessary precautions (masks, distancing) and continue to "live".

Of course, everyone else is free to do as they please based on their experiences and health.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk 💃

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
In a ideal word, everyone should be tested on arrivals or better pre-boarding, but that's just impossible.

I have 6 people in my family who tested positive to the virus and a couple of friends as well, none of them had flown recently (mind you they are all home with a bad cold, others have/had barely any symptoms, 0 were hospitalized). Among quite a few people I know who flew, nada. The only person I know who passed away from COVID-19, was in his 30s but not exactly in the best health as he was close to 400 lbs.

I have been tested once for both COVID and antibody, both were negative. I will do a test again a couple days before I fly.

So, Yes, I thought about it, will take necessary precautions (masks, distancing) and continue to "live".

Of course, everyone else is free to do as they please based on their experiences and health.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk 💃
The protocols should be if somebody tests positive on arrival they get government quarantined for 14 days.

Probably impossible to do but that would detour many idiotic travelers here.

Reactions: Africaida

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes, BUT read her words:
She says "She hopes, " "there will be", "usually Travel more" , "she believes".. She never makes a claim. A BIG nothing

Reactions: cavok

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Which Canadian will vacation a week in DR only to come back to 2 week mandatory quarantine ... 3 weeks gone for one week..

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Which Canadian will vacation a week in DR only to come back to 2 week mandatory quarantine ... 3 weeks gone for one week..
Not many but if you are retired and not worried about covid, the quarantine would be no big deal. For me the virus and the summer heat are plenty reason to stay away.

Reactions: GusFring

endyformisano

Jun 26, 2020
Jarabacoa
Actually flying is pretty safe in an airplane. The air gets changed every 2 to 3 minutes, which is more than any other enclosed building. As far as the protocols on ground, yes they are joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.