Danilo is going to talk today

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I hope he has something of substance to say and clears up a lot of the outstanding questions that are swirling about Borders, airports, how tourism is gong to proceed an epidemic declaration and what that means etc.

Reactions: aarhus

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
1. I cannot get re- elected.
2. I cannot get re-elected.
3. I cannot get re-elected.
4. I cannot get re-elected.

Covid? Whats Covid...?

Reactions: CristoRey

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Not rocket science. We need a cłean up on isle 5 please.

Jjj. Yes, please delete the claro que si comment. It is something I wrote about another topic. But did not post. Cannot delete stuff like we could in old format.

The rest of my comment stands.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
No substance. No more SOE. Something about a sanitary emergency.

Nothing about opening. Nothing about virus. Alot of BS quite frankly.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
For the record Danilo is not running. Ok? The PLD candidate is Gonzalo. It looks like he won't win. But Danilo said until the end of his term, he is going to take care of people. And they have to do their part. And he said a lot about the importance of the election. The curfew ends after tomorrow. And much more subtle detail.

You can read the whole speech here:

Reactions: habi

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo

Yes he did talk about opening. It is proceeding with the tourist sector as announced 1 de July. And hell yes, he talked about the virus. I think you can read the transcript in the post above. Also last time he spoke someone posted an English translation.

Reactions: habi and aarhus

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
He said he had received enormous pressure from the hotel industry and had no choice but to open the country.

So he has his excuses all lined up even though the PLD is most likely toast for the near term.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Perhaps his speech writers should have consulted with you first. By chance, are you on the 5 July ballot?

• Haha
Reactions: Africaida

habi

Oct 17, 2015
For the record Danilo is not running. Ok? The PLD candidate is Gonzalo. It looks like he won't win. But Danilo said until the end of his term, he is going to take care of people. And they have to do their part. And he said a lot about the importance of the election. The curfew ends after tomorrow. And much more subtle detail.

You can read the whole speech here:

Here an other link with the transcript, the diario libre one was difficult to read for me...

Reactions: franco1111

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
He said he had received enormous pressure from the hotel industry and had no choice but to open the country.

So he has his excuses all lined up even though the PLD is most likely toast for the near term.

Ok. I'll bite. Why are you trashing Danilo? But I guess more interesting, what do you see as the alternatives? Ere Dominicano? All said with respect. Don't get me wrong.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Yes he did talk about opening. It is proceeding with the tourist sector as announced 1 de July. And hell yes, he talked about the virus. I think you can read the transcript in the post above. Also last time he spoke someone posted an English translation.

Also did he mention that the diferent programs like FASE, Quedate en casa and so on will be continued at least till he is leaving office...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I tried to post a translation but encountered a new forum error. Posts are limited to 1000 characters apparently so I could not post the translation.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
[QUOTE = "franco1111, post: 5536366, member: 63027"]
OK. I'll bite. Why are you trashing Danilo? But I guess more interesting, what do you see as the alternatives? Are you Dominican? All said with respect. Don't get me wrong.
[/QUOTE]
He said he received pressure from hotels and tourism. Is that a reason to open the country in the middle of this mess and receive more covid cases from the US?

I don't know you tell me. It sounds like he has given up.

The alternative is to wait and keep the country locked down and watch Texas and Arizona and Florida and SANTO DOMINGO and other states to follow as they are forced to re-close everything because they never should have re-opened.

Am I Dominican? What do you think?

habi

Oct 17, 2015
So, a few hours have past since his speech last night... Anybody has any information about the declaration from the minestry of health??
Danilo: Las resoluciones que tomará el Ministerio de Salud serán anunciadas en las próximas horas.....
I guess it goes the same way like the protocols for reopening for tourism... :(:(

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
So, a few hours have past since his speech last night... Anybody has any information about the declaration from the minestry of health??
Danilo: Las resoluciones que tomará el Ministerio de Salud serán anunciadas en las próximas horas.....
I guess it goes the same way like the protocols for reopening for tourism... :(:(

mañana

• Haha
Reactions: habi