Insulting call went through to the President yesterday.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your free to give the guy a call and tell him how wonderful you think he is. Just like I can say he can be doing a better job in his own country. I'd still use a burner phone even you want be a kiss up.
Lots of pointless words above, let us get to the real point:

Do you think Pompeo should not have called Medina out on not doing enough regards to stopping human trafficking?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A phone call went through to the Palacio yesterday and a guy made it to speak to President Medina. He was a foreigner and offended all Domincans by giving a reprimand to the Head of State.

As reported by Listin Diario, the chap, his name was Pompeo or something, had the guts to make comments and suggestions on internal Dominican issues, such as changes to the Constitution of the Republic and the elections 2020. Who does he think he is?

The Dominican Repubic does not need foreign interference to solve its problems, and much less from countries which are hopelessly struggling themselves. And not only struggling by their mismanagement of COVID 19. The Dominican Republic, for example, repects the human dignity much better then they. How many homeless do you see in Santo Domingo an how many in LA (make an adjustment by reflecting the nation's GDP)? Here the cops do not kill the blacks in a debasing way and do not kneel thereafter. In the DR the press has a minimal respect for the dignity of their readers. They do not fill the front pages with stories of prostitutes suing their client, the President.

Call back - don't let them the get away

Call back that Pompeo at +1 212-415-4000 say that you are a foreigner, and reprimand the United States for what's going on there. And suggest him a beautiful solution: a wall. Yes, they should build that wall, but not just on the southern border, but shielding themselves on all frontiers, including electronic ones. Inside, they could reprimand themselves as much as they want and leave the world in peace.
What do you mean police do no debase blacks in DR. Ever seen the way they treat Haitians ?
You think Dominicans can not be racist ? Better double think that one

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
This is as if a prostitute's client would be condemning her of immoral conduct.

As the biggest importer of narcotics in the world the US knows well how to play the other chain members, including the DR.
And they have not lost the war on drugs because the gangs were stronger, no. They wanted to lose it, because drug use and abuse is such a beautiful way to control the society. Imagine a student who smoked pot and 10 years later wants to become a sentator. The American KGB is well skilled to tame such cantidates to play along the Deep State lines. Same in internatonal relations on the government level.
The US is only # 9 in drug use.
Western Countries (per capita) with higher drug use, the Top 10 are:

1. Poland
2. New Zealand
3. Sweden
4. Uruguay
5. Scotland
6. Denmark
7. Ireland
8. The UK
9. US
10. Iceland

Of course Iran & Afganistan, have a higher use of Opiates.
Imagine the highest use per capita of heroin is in Iran - the land of Mullahs

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
What do you mean police do no debase blacks in DR. Ever seen the way they treat Haitians ?
You think Dominicans can not be racist ? Better double think that one
I must give you this one. You are right here. There is no excuse for the Dominican police to behave like US cops.
Yet Pompeo is not a Haitian president and his insulting repeprimand was inexcusable.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I hope you’re not European or American making this statement. Calling other countries corrupt is an oxymoron for you if so. You need to open up a history book, and review FBI and CIA files that are now available through the FOIA.

Some of you people sound entirely clueless and are obviously easily manipulated. I would love to have some of you as employees...😏
I am a Canadian and Dominican citizen. I spent ten years of my career making sure contractors weren't cheating the Canadian government for services delivered. There is corruption in every country, just some countries have better controls in place to make it harder. The current Canadian government is corrupt by Canadian standards, and that is several standards above American corruption, and way, way higher standards than the DR.

Reactions: Natu

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am a Canadian and Dominican citizen. I spent ten years of my career making sure contractors weren't cheating the Canadian government for services delivered. There is corruption in every country, just some countries have better controls in place to make it harder. The current Canadian government is corrupt by Canadian standards, and that is several standards above American corruption, and way, way higher standards than the DR.
You know I always hate it when people say it happens everywhere, but you did include how it is orders of magnitude in difference from the DR to Canada ( with the US somewhere making weapons in the middle, even to protect "Canadia". )

Reactions: JD Jones

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You know I always hate it when people say it happens everywhere, but you did include how it is orders of magnitude in difference from the DR to Canada ( with the US somewhere making weapons in the middle, even to protect "Canadia". )
Montreal and Toronto are very corrupt cities and Quebec politics is very corrupt in general. My first wife's family were in the Family, if you catch my drift.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Corruption is corruption is corruption. I'm sure all governments have corruption of varying degrees but have corruption none the less. It's quite rich for the US to scold the DR about human trafficking when the US Mexico boarder is the quintessential example of a human trafficking gateway and it is also one of the biggest drug ports of the world. If they really want to be serious, they would investigate Epstein's high power associates and the supposed conspiracy theory pizzagate but all they want to do is gesticulate on the world stage; perhaps to look big and bad or important. I love it when USA talking heads rattle about or pontificate about morals in their birth day suit; a class act. I'm sure there isn't any pedophile children trafficking members of the US elite class and deep state cabal or at least that's what they want us to believe. Lets just ask Epstein, oh wait, he was "suicided". I wonder why? I think the US should concentrate their efforts on solving the myriad of problems within their boarders before attempting to school any nation on the merits of solving a problem they still have festering.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I must give you this one. You are right here. There is no excuse for the Dominican police to behave like US cops.
Yet Pompeo is not a Haitian president and his insulting repeprimand was inexcusable.
Behave like US cops??? Obviously you have not been around the world much. I can only hope for your sake that you are a young naive person and not an old fool.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Lots of pointless words above, let us get to the real point:

Do you think Pompeo should not have called Medina out on not doing enough regards to stopping human trafficking?
It's meaningless coming from such a tainted source. That few enough words?

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Nope. Because Pompeo was correct to do so.
There's orders of magnitude more trafficking in his country than in just about any other country on the planet. It's like a thief lecturing you about stealing as they rip your TV off the wall. :)

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
This is as if a prostitute's client would be condemning her of immoral conduct.

As the biggest importer of narcotics in the world the US knows well how to play the other chain members, including the DR.
And they have not lost the war on drugs because the gangs were stronger, no. They wanted to lose it, because drug use and abuse is such a beautiful way to control the society. Imagine a student who smoked pot and 10 years later wants to become a sentator. The American KGB is well skilled to tame such cantidates to play along the Deep State lines. Same in internatonal relations on the government level.
American KGB? sounds a bit off? Just like your rants.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Are you referring to the July 10, 2019 call when Pompeo dressed down Danilo for wanting to change the DR constitution to have and endless Danilo presidency?
Danilo should have been called out on that one...............No need for megalomaniacs to defy the underpinnings of a Caribbean democracy.
Danilo only has a short time left and I think most people will welcome him to go back to private status, and aware he has pocketed his fortune through corruption.

Let's face it - when a country hands out $57 million annually to DR for 'development' they do have some right to provide their input.
And considering that the DR is a major mid-shipment point for drugs coming out of South America, there is plenty of need to have 'discussions'.

Now the DR is hoping they have a less critical and more generous partner in China, a country that doesn't care about anyone's human rights, drug trafficking or political tyrannies anywhere, including withing their own borders.

Least you forget who and what Danilo represents..........take this thought with you, it's from Wikipedia and what will serve as Danilo's legacy:

"Medina's second term was characterized by rampant corruption, growing oppression against the free press, and massive espionage to prominent figures, including but not limited to, opposition leaders and justices of the Supreme Court. In February and March 2020 protests erupted across the nation against Medina's increasingly autocratic government and its failed electoral fraud attempt."

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The US government averages 57 million dollars in direct aid to the DR every year. Then there is all the indirect aid given to all the Dominican immigrants, legal and illegal living in the USA. What aid does the DR provide to the USA?
If you mean "aid" as in prostitution and
drugs... lots. If you mean "aid" as in well-educated
hardworking talent being sent north to help
contribute to the overall well-being of the US
economy...dream on.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
economy...dream on.
It is well known that dominicans take full advantage of section 8 housing , food stamps...etc, but I can tell you my wifes brother has worked in the states for 25 years as a carpenter and cabinet maker, and now as a general contractor and never collected anything except EI now under covid, but he has been back to work for about 6 weeks now. Her cousin is an oil engineer in Texas and hasn't been unemployed since he finished university in 1980. Not all Dominicans are the same, neither of them vote Democrat either.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
economy...dream on.
Who is sending "well-educated" Dominicans North?
First very few in DR are being well-educated, through fault of an extremely lax school system.
Maybe there is a white undercover network yanking Dominican University students from their homes and flying them North on black helicopters to be the Democrats' new slaves?

Cristo - this is one of the more elaborate fantasies ever spun