DR reopens airports, authorizes commercial aviation

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
IDAC-logo.png

On 28 June 2020, the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation (IDAC) issued the Notam and particular protocols authorizing the reopening of airports in the Dominican Republic.

Only airport and aviation authorities, airport staff and aviation crews and ticketed passengers are allowed to enter the terminals. Passengers who need special assistance or minors may be accompanied. Passengers are recommended to pre-check their flights to avoid agglomerations. Masks are mandatory at all times, there will be temperature controls at arrival.

International arrivals are required to bring a good health declaration, in addition to migration and customs form. The PCR test certificate needs to have been issued with less than five days before they travel. In countries where there are difficulties in getting tested, the visitors will be required to test at the airport before being admitted to the country.

AIC No...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
"International arrivals are required to bring a good health declaration, in addition to migration and customs form. The PCR test certificate needs to have been issued with less than five days before they travel. In countries where there are difficulties in getting tested, the visitors will be required to test at the airport before being admitted to the country."

Do Canada, the USA , the EU, China, etc, etc, etc and the ROW all have a PCR test certificate?

Waiting in the airport for a test will prove interesting if you can't get that "PCR" from home.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As I understand it in New York, wanting to take a flight to the DR is not a sufficient reason for getting a CV19 test. Can anyone confirm that?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Another thought: Any document I have had to use in the DR from another country for official purposes had to have an apostille.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Will DR residents (not citizens) be required to have the PCR test certificate also?
It just said "International Arrivals" so that implies anyone arriving from outside the DR, but of course your question is a good one for both residents and citizens of the DR.

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014
It just said "International Arrivals" so that implies anyone arriving from outside the DR, but of course your question is a good one for both residents and citizens of the DR.

Also, having a test result (online version or otherwise) would be much easier to get than an official "certificate".

Reactions: Linda Stapleton

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
As I understand it in New York, wanting to take a flight to the DR is not a sufficient reason for getting a CV19 test. Can anyone confirm that?
There should be plenty of places medical offices to get a test in NY. Nonetheless I don't see many people wanting to travel.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There should be plenty of places medical offices to get a test in NY. Nonetheless I don't see many people wanting to travel.
Yes there are plenty of places. Flights are full (to protocol regs). Do they need the test...not sure but will check later today.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

When I went to get tested, I overhead the doctor tell a patient to double check with the airlines and come back for a test within 2 weeks of travel.
My friend flew home to Europe last week and got tested. At this point, you can get tested if you ask to. I plan to get tested again before traveling (along with my kids).

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm not aware of the public health agencies in Canada issuing any sort of CV19 certificate detailing the results of the test. Might have to go to your family doctor for something like that. Will any form need be translated into Spanish? This certificate is going to be a major impedement to luring people to come here I suspect.

Reactions: Linda Stapleton

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
What's this "good health declaration" that they are requesting? Where do you get it?

I'm told the PCR tests are free in Florida and you can get everywhere. No reason needed to request it. No appointment needed.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I'm not aware of the public health agencies in Canada issuing any sort of CV19 certificate detailing the results of the test. Might have to go to your family doctor for something like that. Will any form need be translated into Spanish? This certificate is going to be a major impedement to luring people to come here I suspect.
Most Canadians won't fly now anyways... who wants fly into mask wearing beach closed restaurant closed vacation that you have to quarantine 2 weeks after...

Reactions: slowmo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
What's this "good health declaration" that they are requesting? Where do you get it?

I'm told the PCR tests are free in Florida and you can get everywhere. No reason needed to request it. No appointment needed.

I am not sure about Florida, but in NYC, I got our test results online logging on to the laboratory website which state your name, DOB and test results. That will be our good health proof as far as I am concern.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I am not sure about Florida, but in NYC, I got our test results online logging on to the laboratory website which state your name, DOB and test results. That will be our good health proof as far as I am concern.
So, a PCR test is your "good health declaration"? Makes sense. I hate it when different terminology is used to refer to the same thing. I hope immigration on arrival agrees.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So, a PCR test is your "good health declaration"? Makes sense. I hate it when different terminology is used to refer to the same thing. I hope immigration on arrival agrees.
It’s Covid testing..
PCR tests are used to directly detect the presence of an antigen, rather than the presence of the body’s immune response, or antibodies. By detecting viral RNA, which will be present in the body before antibodies form or symptoms of the disease are present, the tests can tell whether or not someone has the virus very early on.

“PCR gives us a good indication of who is infected. They can be isolated and get in contact with people they’ve been in touch with so they can be quarantined too, just in case. That’s the true advantage of the current major diagnostic tests, you can break that transmission chain and get a clearer picture of what’s happening,” says Wright.

By scaling PCR testing to screen vast swathes of nasopharyngeal swab samples from within a population, public health officials can get a clearer picture of the spread of a disease like Covid-19 within a population.