DR reopens airports, authorizes commercial aviation

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
So, a PCR test is your "good health declaration"? Makes sense. I hate it when different terminology is used to refer to the same thing. I hope immigration on arrival agrees.

They are not trying to see if you are in good health with a healthy BMI, they are trying to see if you have COVID 19...They even mention that they will test upon arrival if necessary.
What is so hard to understand ?:rolleyes:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They are not trying to see if you are in good health with a healthy BMI, they are trying to see if you have COVID 19...They even mention that they will test upon arrival if necessary.
What is so hard to understand ?:rolleyes:
It would have been clearer to me if they had said international travelers are required to bring a PCR test result instead of a good health certificate. Mixed terminology.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I agree, I read the PDF and it says you need a Declaracion Jurara de Salud which I suspect is a health declaration form. They say that all arriving passengers will have their temperatures taken, anyone with over 38 degrees will have a rapid test.

Where did Dolores get the idea that a test is required prior to travel?

Reactions: cavok

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
I agree, I read the PDF and it says you need a Declaracion Jurara de Salud which I suspect is a health declaration form. They say that all arriving passengers will have their temperatures taken, anyone with over 38 degrees will have a rapid test.

Where did Dolores get the idea that a test is required prior to travel?

exactly. I didnt see anything that mentions a covid test. Im wondering if they changed the article she quoted after she posted it.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
It was Juan Ariel Jimenez, the minister of economy, who said the test certificate would be required. His office is where the Covid Response Management office is located that is the technical arm handling the Covid-19 for the government.
But... take note that the government has yet to formally issue the resolution with the measures.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
What happens if someone tests positive for Covid-19 upon arrival to the DR?

Would they be forced to quarantine for 14 days in a governmental facility. Perhaps they would install one at the airports? Perhaps an offsite medical detention center?

I doubt they would turn you around and stick you on the next flight🤔

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
What happens if someone tests positive for Covid-19 upon arrival to the DR?

Would they be forced to quarantine for 14 days in a governmental facility. Perhaps they would install one at the airports? Perhaps an offsite medical detention center?

I doubt they would turn you around and stick you on the next flight🤔
They definitely can't put you on the next flight so I'm assuming they would force that person to quarantine at that Military Hospital.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
A lot of folks trust the info on DR1 , so anyone posting on behalf of the admin of DR1 should really only post credible sources.
I have yet to find ONE credible source that says proof of a negative Covid-19 test result is required to enter DR beginning July 1st.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
On what page of the Protocolo does that appear - the thing about "International arrivals are required to bring a good health declaration." Or what document is that? It looks like a letter or something on IDAC letterhead.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
I'm not aware of the public health agencies in Canada issuing any sort of CV19 certificate detailing the results of the test. Might have to go to your family doctor for something like that. Will any form need be translated into Spanish? This certificate is going to be a major impedement to luring people to come here I suspect.
people wont bother to come. Other countries dont do it,go elsewhere.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
The only thing I find is 3.1.1 of Protocolo that says "Las lineas aereas se aseguran de que todo pasajeros de llegada tenga debidamente completados los formularios de declaracion jurada de salud." (The airlines make sure that all arrival passengers have duly completed the affidavit of health forms.) As TPaul says in #26 above. I see now also that Dolores says in #28 above "the government has yet to formally issue the resolution with the measures." Who knows what letter in English on IDAC letterhead is... The Protocolo one might guess just says fill out a form that asks if you have symptoms of COV-19.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Sorry, I don't know how that even got posted(?).

Jjj. That was my first thought. Somehow something left from whatever you were doing. I found out I cannot delete text I have written then decided not to post. The next time I log in, it is still there. The old format of the board, there was a delete button.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

IDAC is not credible? The requirement for a "health certificate" is incredible. I guess you can just be tested and wait in the airport after you arrive. That will work out really well.

• Sad
Reactions: Linda Stapleton