When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Yeah seriously!!! CAN EVERYONE SHUT UP about the stupid corona virus statistics go to a different thread I'm trying to find out info on travel.....I have a flight from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago July 2nd......are the airports opening??? Is anyone traveling to DR tomorrow?
Looks like you are travelling to the DR tomorrow.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Ottawa had it's first day with 0 reported new cases and 0 deaths. First time since this whole thing started.
No new cases in NL for 34 days. Everything open with capacity restrictions. On July third people from the three Maritime provinces can enter without quarantining. On the third week of July, we are open to the rest of Canada. The travel entry restriction for non residents into Canada has been extended to the end of July. Wish the DR was at the same level as our province. Btw, just checked out DR real estate on the Juan Perdomo site. The number of sold and reserved properties is up. Makes me wonder if property owners are taking major losses because of the pandemic.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yeah seriously!!! CAN EVERYONE SHUT UP about the stupid corona virus statistics go to a different thread I'm trying to find out info on travel.....I have a flight from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago July 2nd......are the airports opening??? Is anyone traveling to DR tomorrow?

Cibao Airport is open - a video was posted here (another thread) re the airport protocol

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No new cases in NL for 34 days. Everything open with capacity restrictions. On July third people from the three Maritime provinces can enter without quarantining. On the third week of July, we are open to the rest of Canada. The travel entry restriction for non residents into Canada has been extended to the end of July. Wish the DR was at the same level as our province. Btw, just checked out DR real estate on the Juan Perdomo site. The number of sold and reserved properties is up. Makes me wonder if property owners are taking major losses because of the pandemic.
I was browsing real estate sites yesterday (only because I put bread on my table by browsing everyday ) and saw some commercial properties that have give away prices. That is, if you have patience and faith. Very cheap. One needs to be creative and speculate like speculators do...that is before the train leaves the station. It's not for me ONLY because I have irons in other fires.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
from today's Senate hearings

Dr. Fauci also said school administrators should take into account virus activity in their areas when they consider reopening plans for the fall. And Dr. Redfield also took a pointed shot at American Airlines, expressing disappointment that the air carrier has begun selling middle seats on its flights. But vaccines appeared to be a major concern.
Stopped listening to Dr. Fauci long ago. Bought my N95 mask and living my life again.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Ft Lauderdale? Hope you have a test

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Unless all those sales are to residents present in the DR,
I wonder how many are buying without being present and inspecting their purchase?

WestJet is showing flights for August to POP, but who knows if they will depart.
No flights from the EU as of yet.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
No... I am taking protections I feel are necessary,, Thats called personal responsibility. Nobody made fauci a god and he has pretty much changed everything he has once said. Remember 2.2 MILLION DEAD????
That number of dead was if the USA did nothing.Dr Fauci said masks the president said no masks, i think your taking personal responsibility against the president's advice and following Dr Fauci's advice

Reactions: cavok

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Unless all those sales are to residents present in the DR,
I wonder how many are buying without being present and inspecting their purchase?

WestJet is showing flights for August to POP, but who knows if they will depart.
No flights from the EU as of yet.
Tui are due to start flights from UK in November if we get our act together we are having lockdowns again, i think we opened up to soon still 3000 new cases a day in England , Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are doing better. I think flights may come from Spain before that if things are under control, Spain has a lot of investment in the tourism industry in the RD

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
BTW- For the first 3 weeks, every American Airlines flight is completely booked into POP and filled including all middle seats.

Tiempo de rabia!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
“A traveler who arrives positive, goes immediately to the health system..."

I wonder where the Health System is located🤣
You might be sent to the Dr. Ramon De Lara military hospital if you fly into Santo Domingo. That's where they put the Italian dude that was one of the first identified tourists with covid on the island. The guy spent a long time there. Here's the link: Ramon De Lara Hospital

It's just west of Autopista 7 near the airport on the way to Las Terrenas.

• Wow
Reactions: GusFring
Status
Not open for further replies.