Flights to Europe

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Anyone know about how Evelop from PUJ to MAD is?

I booked with them two weeks ago. Spanish charter company with not the best reviews, but yeah people seems to leave reviews when something is wrong not good. Owned by Barceló Viajes, I like the rum... and I got my ticket cheap, 250 EUR 1st of August. We will see. There prices are up now, so I assume some people are booking.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
If all else fails.... connect thru JFK

if the Eu et al are allowing citizens
That would be a repatriation flight via the US and yes I would think that is always an option. I have not heard anything else.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
John the latest from BA is that they are going to try to resume on August 2nd, but subject to loads, 2 fpw Gatwick to Punta Cana. Iberia is 4 fpw (Sat, Mon, Tue and Thurs ex Madrid, Sun, Tue, Wed and Fri ex SDQ). The loads on the Iberia look OK for today ex SDQ, about 50% full. There is good Avios redemption availability on the Iberia at the moment in both Business and Economy.

Reactions: anng3 and aarhus

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
John the latest from BA is that they are going to try to resume on August 2nd, but subject to loads, 2 fpw Gatwick to Punta Cana. Iberia is 4 fpw (Sat, Mon, Tue and Thurs ex Madrid, Sun, Tue, Wed and Fri ex SDQ). The loads on the Iberia look OK for today ex SDQ, about 50% full. There is good Avios redemption availability on the Iberia at the moment in both Business and Economy.
I eventually deciphered that "fpw" means "flights per week", but "Avios redemption availability" is still a mystery.

Reactions: aarhus

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So, i did get on the PUJ- ZHR flight---- a regular flight not a repatriation flight. Nearly full, 220 passengers. Operated by Edelweiss but had to go through Swiss for the ticket.
Connections were possible, as usual, to wherever in europe.
Masks were mandatory on the PUJ-ZHR, but only recommended once in europe.
I would say a third of passengers on my ZHR-GVA did not wear masks.

0 checks on arrival.

The shit list is a small list of countries from which arrivals are subjected to self-isolation, starting on the 06th of july.
The US and the DR are on that list.

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
Has BA returned to Gatwick? They ended operations there.
British Airways still has suspended all operations to and from London Gatwick Airport (LGW). While the U.K. flag carrier is based out of London’s biggest airport, Heathrow (LHR), it historically has used LGW as a secondary base.
All remaining BA London flights have been consolidated to Heathrow Terminal 5. The carrier has ceased operations at London City Airport (LCY), which remains closed, but plans to reopen by the end of June.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I need to get to the UK. I've just booked with BA. I leave next weekend. SDQ-MIA-LHR. AA from SDQ and BA from MIA. I will have to self isolate for 14 days when I arrive. My fare was $683 one way.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I need to get to the UK. I've just booked with BA. I leave next weekend. SDQ-MIA-LHR. AA from SDQ and BA from MIA. I will have to self isolate for 14 days when I arrive. My fare was $683 one way.
I have done this route a couple of times. I just wonder how smoothly it goes now with Covid-19 precautions on top of security precautions and immigration and traveling in the ESTA program. I have either stayed in UK after Heathrow or travelled further on to Denmark.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have done this route a couple of times. I just wonder how smoothly it goes now with Covid-19 precautions on top of security precautions and immigration and traveling in the ESTA program. I have either stayed in UK after Heathrow or travelled further on to Denmark.
Will let you know.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No quarantine if you are leabving

You can stay in UK for a week or so... then leave
Stay at an address you give on entry....

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
No quarantine if you are leabving

You can stay in UK for a week or so... then leave
Stay at an address you give on entry....
You mean if I am in transit in UK and travel onto Denmark no quarantine obviously but what do you mean with the week stay in UK ?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You can stay as long (or as short) as you like - as I understand it

Example -
you arrive -give the address of your stay (becomes your quarantine location)
If you choose to leave after x number of days to fly out - so be it

I read this in the UK papers.... residents were angry that tourists had more flexibility

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Has BA returned to Gatwick? They ended operations there.
British Airways still has suspended all operations to and from London Gatwick Airport (LGW). While the U.K. flag carrier is based out of London’s biggest airport, Heathrow (LHR), it historically has used LGW as a secondary base.
All remaining BA London flights have been consolidated to Heathrow Terminal 5. The carrier has ceased operations at London City Airport (LCY), which remains closed, but plans to reopen by the end of June.

BA is going to operate from Gatwick from August onwards evidently.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I eventually deciphered that "fpw" means "flights per week", but "Avios redemption availability" is still a mystery.

It's a way of paying for flights using miles, BA and Iberia call their miles Avios. There is limited availability for redemption tickets on flights, for example BA has very few seats available but Iberia has good availability at the moment.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Terrible comments about the catering on Iberia MAD > SDQ. People are saying that in business class all you get is a tiny roll, a packet of biscuits, a yoghurt and a bottle of water. For a 9 hour flight which costs $2000. You can't even use the business class washrooms.

• Wow
Reactions: anng3

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Terrible comments about the catering on Iberia MAD > SDQ. People are saying that in business class all you get is a tiny roll, a packet of biscuits, a yoghurt and a bottle of water. For a 9 hour flight which costs $2000. You can't even use the business class washrooms.
Was wondering how IB is handling Covid. With AA packing the plane imagine IB is too and their website and booking on it suck.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Was wondering how IB is handling Covid. With AA packing the plane imagine IB is too and their website and booking on it suck.
I don't think the loads on Iberia are bad, at least judging from the seat maps for today's flights. Maybe about 2/3rds full if that. But hardly anything to eat or drink in a 9 hour flight really sucks.

Reactions: anng3