New Track to Residency?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Got this bit of news from a connected friend he tells me that if you have a child here and are not Dominican but are willing to sign a document that you will take care of the child they will grant you residence no questions asked except DNA and Document signed..

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Got this bit of news from a connected friend he tells me that if you have a child here and are not Dominican but are willing to sign a document that you will take care of the child they will grant you residence no questions asked except DNA and Document signed..
Fast track to residency lol

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Is this something new because I've never heard anything like this before

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No requirement as to where the child or parent(s) is from including Haiti?

A way for virtually all Haitians to be legal comes to mind as one possible outcome if this is true.
Expect a rush through the border if that is true.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
That is a good philosophy and welcomed; however what about those who come here and marry Dominican Women and support her children whom are not biologically related. Was the DNA to prove the biological connection or non-connection?

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
No requirement as to where the child or parent(s) is from including Haiti?

A way for virtually all Haitians to be legal comes to mind as one possible outcome if this is true.
Expect a rush through the border if that is true.

I'm pretty sure it would be for Dominican parents with foreign spouses. We both know they aren't granting haitians citizenship by birthright.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
That is a good philosophy and welcomed; however what about those who come here and marry Dominican Women and support her children whom are not biologically related. Was the DNA to prove the biological connection or non-connection?

from what I"m told it's not about marry couples.... its about making it easy the biologically parent who want to support here kids to stay in the country... and stop the abandoned of these children. Remember the child has to be Dominican.... supported by a DNA test and you must sign a document saying you will support the child ..

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
from what I"m told it's not about marry couples.... its about making it easy the biologically parent who want to support here kids to stay in the country... and stop the abandoned of these children. Remember the child has to be Dominican.... supported by a DNA test and you must sign a document saying you will support the child ..
Wow! that is wide open for entrapment..!!!!!!
Anyway, glad to see the kids are being looked after; we need more like this.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
This commentary on changes in migration rules is pure speculation.

Miguel Ceara Hatton, in charge of public policies for the PRM, has said the government will be concentrating on passing bills that had stagnated in Congress and are advanced, and for sure new bills will be introduced in the first 100 days of government.

By January we should know if and which changes will be forthcoming.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This commentary on changes in migration rules is pure speculation.

Miguel Ceara Hatton, in charge of public policies for the PRM, has said the government will be concentrating on passing bills that had stagnated in Congress and are advanced, and for sure new bills will be introduced in the first 100 days of government.

By January we should know if and which changes will be forthcoming.
WIth total control of Presidency, Senate and Chamber of Deputies, new laws should now be easy peasy.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
was told yesterday they will add a back round check into the mix... just to make sure your not wanted in other countries..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Isn't that standard procedure for residency & citizenship.... the Police report
Letter of good conduct type thing

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
this is probably the only way I would seek residency. Has to be simple and striaght forward. Otherwise I will just carryon doing what Im doing.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was told the same thing back in 2012 by a lawyer down here. Residency is granted on a case by case basis and your nationality plays a big part in the decision making process.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
It sounds like a great solution to take car of kids.

Kind of like DACA for birth parents😉

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I was told the same thing back in 2012 by a lawyer down here. Residency is granted on a case by case basis and your nationality plays a big part in the decision making process.
are you saying this method to residency already exists?