Physicians argue for reinstating restrictive measures

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Pedro-Ureña-Diario-Digital-RD-e1594388755189.jpg

Physician Pedro Ureña, speaking on the La Cuestion talk show with Diana Lora and Patricia Solano, warned the government and newly elected authorities should not wait until 16 August to begin to take measures to contain the increasing spread of the Covid-19 in the Dominican Republic. After two months and a half of the lockdown in early May, statistics showed the disease had more or less plateaued. Nevertheless, the phased opening of the economy that began on 20 May has lead to a rising number in the pace of new cases. The intense campaigning leading to the 5 July presidential and congressional elections made matters worse.

The national health coordinator of President-elect Luis Abinader’s Social Cabinet, Plutarco Arias has criticized the Medina administration for politicizing the Covid-19 pandemic. He is on the Abinader transition team. He said it is clear there is...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Michael DR

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
So how long can the Abinader transition team blame the explosion of Covid on Medina? Do they get to up to August 16th and just let the country burn?

According to bulletin 113 of the Ministry of Public Health, with a cutoff at 6:00 p.m. on July 9, the country registered 1,125 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the number of infections to 41,915.

In addition, there were 22 deaths, the highest number since the pandemic reached the country. In total, 864 deaths from coronavirus are recorded.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Lame duck govt and new govt waiting in the wings = governmental paralysis. Most know what needs to be done is to drastically cut back the rate of spread of the disease as in new infections and clear out the hospitals to make way for new cases. Neither side appears willing to do anything at all - so the people get sick and the hospitals spill over into the streets by turning patients away. A recipe for a health calamity that will keep tourists and thus airlines away preventing those hoping for an easy flight home this late in time from getting that option.

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
I can't believe governments are still trying to milk this fake plague. Millions die from tuberculosis every year - where was the mask hysteria then?

How much power, surveillance, tracking and humiliation is enough?

Sweden, Serbia and Greece have had enough of the nonsense and if pushed too hard, the Dominicans will also rise up against this scam. Start with boycotting any business that shoves a temperature gun against your forehead.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I can't believe governments are still trying to milk this fake plague. Millions die from tuberculosis every year - where was the mask hysteria then?

Sweden, Serbia and Greece have had enough of the nonsense and if pushed too hard, the Dominicans will also rise up against this scam. Start with boycotting any business that shoves a temperature gun against your forehead.

As per the numbers, I believe Sweden is not exactly doing that well... Compared with the number of citizens, they have a huge amount of infections and casualties...

I've been to a few very reputable businesses in POP where they measure your temperature and have no problem at all with this measure... Having two kids in tow I'd rather be too cautious than just wander on the street...

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
A friend recently recovered from it. Early 50's woman living with husband and two young adult kids. Loss of taste and smell and occasional headaches. No other symptoms. NO FEVER! No one else in house tested positive. Which "science" do we apply to this case?

Reactions: nortenomore
Feb 7, 2007

They are now pointing the temperature guns towards the wrist.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I thought airlines had resumed flights to the Dominican Republic. Is that not true?

Lame duck govt and new govt waiting in the wings = governmental paralysis. Most know what needs to be done is to drastically cut back the rate of spread of the disease as in new infections and clear out the hospitals to make way for new cases. Neither side appears willing to do anything at all - so the people get sick and the hospitals spill over into the streets by turning patients away. A recipe for a health calamity that will keep tourists and thus airlines away preventing those hoping for an easy flight home this late in time from getting that option.

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
As per the numbers, I believe Sweden is not exactly doing that well... Compared with the number of citizens, they have a huge amount of infections and casualties...

I've been to a few very reputable businesses in POP where they measure your temperature and have no problem at all with this measure... Having two kids in tow I'd rather be too cautious than just wander on the street...
People who have masochistic tendencies are free to live their lives however they want - as long as it doesn't infringe on my freedoms.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
People who have masochistic tendencies are free to live their lives however they want - as long as it doesn't infringe on my freedoms.
Your freedoms you refer to is that here in the DR ? Or is global or just the US.

Lafcadio

Jun 5, 2006

(n)

Reactions: Michael DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Check the curve for Daily New Deaths in Sweden and tell me they are not doing well.

They are doing well.