Fluently English speaking medical Doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Can anyone recommend a Doctor in the vicinity of Sosua or Cabarete or close by that is accepting new patients and is fluent in English?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Dr. Mack in CMC speaks fairly good English A couple other there speak enough English to handle most things.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Dr Jonathon Gomez at CMC - an internist
Good English

The office is English speaking.... call them to hook you up
or drop by - ask for Mary Jo

I love Azua

Dec 3, 2011
Try Dr.Milvio Perez Matos at Clinica Abreu. He is my doc and speaks perfect english. his # is 688-4411 ext.165. HE IS A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR!!! sorry I didn't realize it was for Sosua not SD

• Love
Reactions: Andre14615

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Try Dr.Milvio Perez Matos at Clinica Abreu. He is my doc and speaks perfect english. his # is 688-4411 ext.165. HE IS A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR!!! sorry I didn't realize it was for Sosua not SD
you helped me so thanks for this info!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just to clarify...so the reference for this doctors is for SD?

Jan 17, 2009
He is a gastroenterologist too. Of course, he also works as an internist, ER doc (he came to see me when I though I was having a heart attack), cardiologist, whatever CMC needs him for I guess. I had a bad experience last year, when he put me on blood pressure meds when egebrally blood pressure is actually low. I didn't trust him and didn't take the pills. I have high blood pressure a couple of times, likely stress / anxiety related says cardiologist. He treated me for vertigo, which I didn't have either. Till now, I have no idea what I had, thankfully symptoms never returned.

Dr Jonathon Gomez at CMC - an internist
Good English

The office is English speaking.... call them to hook you up
or drop by - ask for Mary Jo

Last edited by a moderator:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you go to a clinic with insurance pay close attention to the billing paperwork. I was overcharged for a doctor's visit yesterday. asked to pay $500 when my share was really only supposed to be $100 I knew something was wrong but arguing with the cashier just slows everything down to a pace slower than crawl and getting medical attention is already a process fraught with lots of waiting and delays.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Got some really good suggestions from this thread for a general practitioner so I figured I'd use it again. This time I'm looking for an English speaking Urologist. Would prefer someone local to Sosua/Cabarete but that is probably asking for too much. A competent and English speaking Urologist in Puerto Plata would be acceptable. Traveling to Santiago and Santo Domingo present a significant challenge especially these days with limited space on buses, reduced schedules and curfews. With Santo Domingo just being too far to meet an unknown medical entity for the very first time and all that would be involved in follow up appointments. So if at all possible I need to find someone much closer.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I made a mistake and should not have used this thread to ask my question. Upon reflection, I see how my error will be confusing to anyone stumbling across this thread and will likely not result in the info I'm looking for. I'm going to start a new thread that specifically mentions needing a Urologist so people do not have to wade through all the previous posts just to learn the question this time is something completely different. Mods: Please close this thread to avoid confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.