Inverter Sales

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I find myself in need of an inverter for a 400 Watt AC device (which has a compressor). Any recommendations in Puerto Plata? I could make a trip to Santiago Pricesmart.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
An inverter to be connected to your house wiring to act as backup power or just a portable inverter to convert 12V to 120V AC. More info needed. for better recommendations. I assume AC above does not mean air conditioner but alternating current. What will be supplying power to the inverter?

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
An inverter to be connected to your house wiring to act as backup power or just a portable inverter to convert 12V to 120V AC. More info needed. for better recommendations. I assume AC above does not mean air conditioner but alternating current. What will be supplying power to the inverter?
House current. And, by AC, I meant alternating currently.

115 VAC input and output.

I'd like to use it for my home office during the day as well. Monitor, MacBook, routers.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
How much would an inverter cost here and how many batteries would I need to power 2 laptops, 2 fans, 1 router and maybe a lamp for when we are down? I've ever bought any of this stuff before so not too sure. Thanks for any and all advice!

Rob

Sep 22, 2009
How much would an inverter cost here and how many batteries would I need to power 2 laptops, 2 fans, 1 router and maybe a lamp for when we are down? I've ever bought any of this stuff before so not too sure. Thanks for any and all advice!

Rob
2 x6volt 1.5kw inverter should be 16k I stalled Nan. Maybe up to 19, if you get a gringo price.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
House current. And, by AC, I meant alternating currently.

115 VAC input and output.

I'd like to use it for my home office during the day as well. Monitor, MacBook, routers.
Do yourself a favor and do a little research before buying.. Here is a calculator to help explain things and help you figure out how big n inverter you need and how many battery amp hours you need to power it.. BTW, electronics such as computers that may be electrically sensitive will need "True Sine wave" Not Modified sine wave inverters.. Research before you go out and spend your money..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Batteries are a big cost. You'll probably want a minimum of 4. Your choice 6V or 12V depending on the inverter you select. Plan on powering more than you think you want to for longer than you expect. Anything with a motor like your fans will hum if you do not get a pure sinewave inverter. Sensitive electronics prefer sinewave power too, of course they cost a little more but if you are trying to sleep you'll appreciate not hearing the fans complain. You can spend a whole lot or not so much. I'd suggest heading to at least two inverter stores and looking at what they have and deciding based on those prices how big and for how long you want to "keep the lights and whatever else on". Keeping your batteries topped up with distilled water is very important. You should check your battery fluid levels once a month. If you end up going small, be careful during installation and make sure no power hogs inadvertently get powered by the small inverter and battery set like a refrigerator etc. or you could be out of juice a lot faster than you expect. When it's dark lights are useful.

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Sep 22, 2009
Batteries are a big cost. You'll probably want a minimum of 4. Your choice 6V or 12V depending on the inverter you select. Plan on powering more than you think you want to for longer than you expect. Anything with a motor like your fans will hum if you do not get a pure sinewave inverter. Sensitive electronics prefer sinewave power too, of course they cost a little more but if you are trying to sleep you'll appreciate not hearing the fans complain. You can spend a whole lot or not so much. I'd suggest heading to at least two inverter stores and looking at what they have and deciding based on those prices how big and for how long you want to "keep the lights and whatever else on". Keeping your batteries topped up with distilled water is very important. You should check your battery fluid levels once a month. If you end up going small, be careful during installation and make sure no power hogs inadvertently get powered by the small inverter and battery set like a refrigerator etc. or you could be out of juice a lot faster than you expect. When it's dark lights are useful.
Somehow I feel this is more than 280 characters

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Please let us know... looks nice.
Love these. This one is too big to put on an airline so needs to be shipped by sea. TSA limit is 100Wh (although I routinely get away with 150Wh). EPS shipped it for me for 2000 pesos (maybe some taxes in there).

The only catch is that I need a constant 12V supply even which charging or 12V pass through. I ran into one which couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time or in my case, charge while delivering a constant 12v. Great battery, just useless for my needs. Your requirements may vary but read the fine print.

I've only had one die on me after a year. Usually, if they work out of the box for a few days they last for a 1000 cycles. I've never had a dud, but if you read the reviews, there's usually a number of 1 stars with this complaint. I assume Amazon would swap it out for you, but a bit of a pain from the DR.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Megatone in Puerto Plata is one place to check out for inverters. I would get Trojan Red batteries in La Sirena.
Yeap .I have 8 Trojan red batteries .Need small maintenance to check the water every month and add if required.Was enough to support any electricity interruption during those past 3 years as backup . My first source of electricity is actually the solar panels(24)