Minister of Health | Have The Right to Restrict Human Rights?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Jeez Louise...you so negative...crime in DR is during day when your not home silly , well most of time...curfew doesn’t go far enough ..at least it will some what stop evening partying in groups..
People mistake my realism for pessimism. It happens all the time. A curfew is to prevent crime. It will do little to nothing with respect to CV19.

As for the question on the change of the guard, Danilo will be leaving the Presidency on August 16 and Abinader will take over. Am I optimistic over that? No, but my wife is.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It makes a difference what Canadians do or don't do in the DR if they are all required to quarantine when they enter Canada?
Why?
All I am saying is you won't see any regular Canadian tourists in the DR until this quarantine thingy is lifted...myself included. I can't afford 4 weeks vacation to spend 14 days in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
45 days of State of Emergency just passed in the DR Senate. Now we see what Danilo does with it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I don't get that close but can usually hear them. I don't think it's tourists, mostly locals and long term residents from what I do see and hear.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
A litlle legal brainstorming....
With the new 45 days of state of emergency in place (yes I do know not yet but it will be...) according to the constitution, is Danilo leaving or has he the right to stay?
And if so tougheter with Luis (I guess the desk at the palacio is big enough for social distancing...) or has Luis to wait?
:unsure::unsure::unsure:;);)
The state of emergency does nor prevent Luis Abinader from being sworn in as president on August 16.