Beaches are closed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Agreed. hope they don't go down the road of the Riviera Maya where only tourists can use the beach as in DR
If someone owns all of the land access to a beach, they are under no obligation to allow people to pass through their land to reach that beach.

Otherwise, the beach is public and can be accessed by all unless there is a State of Emergency and then virtually anything the government says can be done.

Reactions: Caonabo

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
The closed beaches and spas are located in Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, Guerra, Pedro Brand, Monte Plata, Bayaguana, Sabana Grande de Boyá, Yamasá, Santiago, Puerto Plata, Mao, Gaspar Hernández, Santiago Rodríguez, Montecristi, Villa Vásquez, San Pedro de Macorís, Juan Dolio and Hato Mayor.
Note - this does not identify WHICH beaches, pretty sure that Sosua and Cabarete are in the tourist zones - and, todays actions on the beach would support that

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Somebody got paid to let the AI beaches open... Aren't they all "public" beaches???
Why the favoritism for resorts and not Airbnb tourists?

Not sure I understand your statement ... someone got paid ?

when was the last time you were allowed to wander onto an AI Owned Beach, not wearing one of their Wristbands ?
Before Covid maybe , not now for darn sure ..
therefore be definition an AI Beach is a PRIVATE BEACH..

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Sep 22, 2009
I am waiting for confirmation that you are wrong. The kite and windsurf businesses on Cabarete beach are saying they can remain open, so I imagine Encuentro will remain open as well. Billp16 appears to be correct.

Anyone have a list of all the places that are actually closed?
I know what you mean Winde, we all are waiting to hear what we want to hear. I'll post this then I'm going to go find the MdeP words from Sunday. Maybe they were pulling our legs

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Somebody got paid to let the AI beaches open... Aren't they all "public" beaches???
Why the favoritism for resorts and not Airbnb tourists?

It's not just All Inclusive beaches. If a hotel sits on it or a condo complex, and they can control the beach so protocols are followed, the beach is allowed to open. If it's a normal public beach where it's harder to control, they remain closed. Playa Dorada is a good example, it's a mixture of condos, AI's and hotels.

I couldn't tell you if somebody got "paid". But the Hotel Assoc. made their case and the Gov't agreed.

Sep 22, 2009
Glad to see my beach not on the list !!!
Cabrera is quickly moving up the ranks W². I was just on phone today with some locals. PRM die hard Sergio Jorge passed the other day. Nagua hospital. Motoconchos many coming up with symptoms remanded to home isolation. Better stay put up there in the fortress of solitude.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Call me Victor the Vaccilator ....

Freddie the Fence Sitter

I am betwixt and between...
Leaning towards delaying my return...

Pretty cushy here....

I hear JetBlue is going back to 3 abreast July 31

In Cabrera - a while back - Dr Mejia from our clinic came down w/ it
she survived....

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
When the virus was aerosolized—meaning suspended in the air—the half-life was one hour when the temperature was 70 to 75 degrees with 20 percent humidity.

In the presence of sunlight, this dropped to just one and a half minutes.

How is that, comrade?

Sunlight destroys coronavirus quickly, say US scientists

Well Tonchi, that theory certainly got blown out of the water, eh? Seems the record number of cases are in the hottest states in America. What happened???

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Hell yes! Kyle, it has been proven over and over that all inclusive travellers spend very little in the country. The money they spent for a vacation remains, for the most part...offshore in other countries.

Sep 22, 2009
Call me Victor the Vaccilator ....

Freddie the Fence Sitter

I am betwixt and between...
Leaning towards delaying my return...

Pretty cushy here....

I hear JetBlue is going back to 3 abreast July 31

In Cabrera - a while back - Dr Mejia from our clinic came down w/ it
she survived....
Mejia is part of the Fauci fix

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life