Beaches are open, physical distancing is the norm

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Andrea, cyberstalk, really?

I have had all of two interactions with you within this web forum. (Two/Dos/2). That is hardly cyberstalking, unless of course you are a sock puppet within this community.

In reality, the previous interaction that just recently occurred between us, was caused by you responding multiple times to my assertion that one of the possible motives for the RD government to implement the new curfew was an attempt to maintain a vigilant handle upon violent crime and vehicular accidents, in order to protect the precious blood reserves within the nation during this Covid situation.

So please, stop chasing me around the forum, and focus more on your own personal critical thinking techniques.

Andrea? jajajaja
welcome to the ignore list. enjoy your day

• Haha
Reactions: GusFring
Sep 22, 2009
Andrea, cyberstalk, really?

I have had all of two interactions with you within this web forum. (Two/Dos/2). That is hardly cyberstalking, unless of course you are a sock puppet within this community.

In reality, the previous interaction that just recently occurred between us, was caused by you responding multiple times to my assertion that one of the possible motives for the RD government to implement the new curfew was an attempt to maintain a vigilant handle upon violent crime and vehicular accidents, in order to protect the precious blood reserves within the nation during this Covid situation.

So please, stop chasing me around the forum, and focus more on your own personal critical thinking techniques.
Jeez some people's kids

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Any first hand reports from the shorelines, and how social distancing is playing out within the playas?

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
About two weeks ago was at Dominicus Beach. There were not crowds. Albeit, was at a section that is not very popular because the water is deep. There were about eight parties of people, with at least 20 meters of distance between each. Everyone was keeping distance amidst the parties. But if anyone in the groups had the disease, then it was getting spread among the friends and family. People were not wearing masks on the beach. That was around mid-July.

Would think there are enough sprawled out Dominicans beaches to make it possible for people to keep distance.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I as well am surprised. I thought the available testing would drop following the elections. It is good to see that the nation is improving and expanding the testing methods within for the populace. Have you been tested yet?
Nope. Too busy looking for a good blood bank🤣

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
About two weeks ago was at Dominicus Beach. There were not crowds. Albeit, was at a section that is not very popular because the water is deep. There were about eight parties of people, with at least 20 meters of distance between each. Everyone was keeping distance amidst the parties. But if anyone in the groups had the disease, then it was getting spread among the friends and family. People were not wearing masks on the beach. That was around mid-July.

Would think there are enough sprawled out Dominicans beaches to make it possible for people to keep distance.

During the week of 6-10 July, I was advised by a contact that a cleaning was under way of Bayahibe Beach and it's restaurants in order to get back under way. Personal obligations did not allow me to visit at the time, but I believe they are currently functioning.
With limited foreign visitors, there should be sufficient space for proper distancing.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Nope. Too busy looking for a good blood bank🤣

I am not too sure what is so 'humorous to you regarding blood banks within RD, but I can assure you that if you ever need to utilize one, the last thing thing you will be doing is trolling others.
Good day to you, and enjoy it as you so see fit.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am shocked as a New Yorker at almost 49 years of age that there has been a stereotype that Black people can't swim. Maybe the rum has finally taken its toll.

Disclaimer: It was a pure joke, but there is some truth to the stereotype.

Besides the YMCA (which sucks), at least in NY, swimming lessons are far from cheap, talking from experience.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
Any first hand reports from the shorelines, and how social distancing is playing out within the playas?
I was at the beach in Boca Chica yesterday afternoon and it was empty although the weather was a little iffy. Many of the restaurants are shuttered.

I just got back from Playa Juan Dolio today and it was empty as well. Two beach restaurants were open and it's obvious the locals are struggling.

There were four Cestur working the Boca Chica beach and one in Juan Dolio. The few people that were there were keeping to themselves (socially distancing was decent) and the restaurant staff were wearing masks.

It was a beautiful day today at the beach but I felt a little sad seeing how the economy has changed and its effect on the town.

Sep 22, 2009

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-092127.png
    Screenshot_20200725-092127.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: jd426 and David B