Refused entry

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Don’t Dominican care only if your a citizen and leaving the country with one of the other parents...I never had problems traveling with my kids alone to and from DR and I’m not a citizen..

Yes, you are correct.
I'm just kickin' it around the pitch, because there seems to be something missing here regarding this tale.

Reactions: aarhus

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
Don’t Dominican care only if your a citizen and leaving the country with one of the other parents...I never had problems traveling with my kids alone to and from DR and I’m not a citizen..
It seems there may be more to this story. Just my humble opinion. Was everyone else on your flight allowed entry? Without being detained/having cell phones and passports confiscated? It just seems to make sense that there is indeed a valid reason - randomly denying entry to a family of 4 sounds very odd.
As I was a little freaked out I really was not paying much attention to anyone else from our flight. They just took the passports, and gave it back to us the next day when we boarded the flight back. Cellphones, tablets, laptops were not confiscated.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh yes, I have lived and worked there for three years (at a time where immigration was not an issue and nobody cared how long anyone has stayed there) about 10 years ago, and since then I have been going there three times a year, but always without my kids. I do not have the residency in the DR. My kids are US citizens, born and raised in the USA.

There is a chance that you are deemed a chronic 'overstayer'...
that is the discretion of the attending agent..... not a hard/fast rule

Can't say.... just a thought... the Migracion people have the authority
as you now know

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
Perhaps he stayed past 30 days while he was here in March.
We all know how much trouble a person can get into for overstaying a 30 day tourist card.
It has been said. I read it here.
last time I stayed longer than 30 days was back in 2016, stayed for two months. I can't image them catching up on this four years later?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Perhaps he stayed past 30 days while he was here in March.
We all know how much trouble a person can get into for overstaying a 30 day tourist card.
It has been said. I read it here.
No actually I actually don’t know anyone who has been in trouble me included 25 yrs of overstaying ...I even for shits and giggles posted my online journey to extend ,which is easy peezy now.. come on Caonabo something here doesn’t smell right confiscated phones gave to airline attendants passports given back on return by police...

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
No actually I actually don’t know anyone who has been in trouble me included 25 yrs of overstaying ...I even for shits and giggles posted my online journey to extend ,which is easy peezy now.. come on Caonabo something here doesn’t smell right confiscated phones gave to airline attendants passports given back on return by police...
our phones were not confiscated, they just took them first and then gave it back after I asked for it as I wanted to call the embassy, it was the passports they were holding onto

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
last time I stayed longer than 30 days was back in 2016, stayed for two months. I can't image them catching up on this four years later?
[/QUOTE
Prolly not the reason. The answer is hidden between the 4 corners of your OP and when you mentioned MORE than once...."with two children". "they are US citizens" "this is child abuse". I'm convinced there is a lot more to this story and you'r not sharing here my friend. Come-on confess to Father Johne and you'll feel better.

Reactions: colmcb

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
our phones were not confiscated, they just took them first and then gave it back after I asked for it as I wanted to call the embassy, it was the passports they were holding onto
Just going by what you said..
(Our passports and cellphones were taken from us and held back first by the immigration officer at the airport in Santo Domingo, then by the flight attendant on the plane (Iberia) and finally, back in Madrid, the local police came on the plane we were on and handed me our passports.)

Reactions: Garyexpat

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
Well, there was another person with us held at immigration for overstaying for a month, they kept him there for two full days before they put him on a plane back to Malta

• Wow
Reactions: AlterEgo

Chris S.

Island Love
Jul 23, 2020
Pitcairn Island
Just going by what you said..
(Our passports and cellphones were taken from us and held back first by the immigration officer at the airport in Santo Domingo, then by the flight attendant on the plane (Iberia) and finally, back in Madrid, the local police came on the plane we were on and handed me our passports.)
back in Madrid, the local police came on the plane we were on and handed me our passports