Are people getting internet from Delancer satisfied with the service?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I checked the past threads but found nothing more recent than 2018.

I have Claro and really don't have any complaint, other than it is a little slow. But at present they can't give me faster service because they don't have a fiber optic line in my area.

Delancer does, but I want to be sure the service is reliable before i make a change

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I find the Cable del Norte (AKA Delancer) fibre optic service more reliable than the old cable. No major complaints.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
My opinion it's thats it's all about the area you are in.
In El Batey, Sosua and Sosua Abajo, I found Delancer to be faster and more reliable. I got rid of 3 Claro accounts (two at business's and one at our home and replaced them with Delancer and am satisfied .
Customer service is better also, when we moved service from one building to another they were there next day to make the move at no additional charge.

We still have Claro at our business in Puerto Plata next to Caribe Tours, and if anyone knows of a better option in that area in POP please let me know, I'd love to kick Claro to the curb there too.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Delancer isn't going to win any awards for speed, in fact whether they have fiber or not they can, on their best day, only provide 20 Mbps.
In this day of technology that is considered slow in most parts of the world

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Delancer isn't going to win any awards for speed, in fact whether they have fiber or not they can, on their best day, only provide 20 Mbps.
In this day of technology that is considered slow in most parts of the world

we offer bandwidth plans up to 200Mbps with upload speeds up to 40Mbps, for business customers we can offer up to multiple gigabit plans.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Delancer has a lot of down time which affects my online work. 2 weeks ago they were down from 3am to 9am for unknown reasons. They were down again a few days later for another 2 hours in the early morning. Very unstable and unreliable if you need it to work online in a video setting. They often go down for a few minutes during the day. I never had that problem with Claro.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
we offer bandwidth plans up to 200Mbps with upload speeds up to 40Mbps, for business customers we can offer up to multiple gigabit plans.

How much you would charge for similar plan from Claro?

Screenshot_2020-07-26 Internet Fijo Claro Dominicana.png

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
No it sucks in GH! HATE THEM! They are my fav for tv though.
Delancer has a lot of down time which affects my online work. 2 weeks ago they were down from 3am to 9am for unknown reasons. They were down again a few days later for another 2 hours in the early morning. Very unstable and unreliable if you need it to work online in a video setting. They often go down for a few minutes during the day. I never had that problem with Claro.

we are very sorry for this, everyday we are working on improving quality of our service. you can always check our facebook page we post reports of any service outages that we expirience.

please PM me your contract number i can check and tell you exactly what happen when you expirienced that outage.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Am happy with them and they are very responsive when I've contacted them.
Also a nice service now is that they will come to your house to collect payment.

Dmason

Mar 11, 2012
Interesting discussion. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who needs solid uptime during business hours for remote work platforms, online incoming calls and database access, 9-5..

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Interesting discussion. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who needs solid uptime during business hours for remote work platforms, online incoming calls and database access, 9-5..

our cheapest plan is 500 DOP for 3Mbps/1Mbps (DOWN/UP) you can always give it a try

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The problem with Delancer is that they rarely have a steady internet. I understand that at the moment during COVID that more people are using bandwidth and maybe this has reduced the overall velocity. But let's take today for example, in my house I have 10mbps, the speed has varied from 0.25 Mbps to 3.2 Mbps to 9.4 Mbps...this evening it has mainly been less than 3 Mbps. In an hour's time it might be back up to 8 or 9 Mbps. I have a fiber optic service but that does not change anything. I have had Delancer internet for 17 years and the last few months have not been the best service, but I am putting that down to the possibility of so many people online now during COVID.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
The problem with Delancer is that they rarely have a steady internet. I understand that at the moment during COVID that more people are using bandwidth and maybe this has reduced the overall velocity. But let's take today for example, in my house I have 10mbps, the speed has varied from 0.25 Mbps to 3.2 Mbps to 9.4 Mbps...this evening it has mainly been less than 3 Mbps. In an hour's time it might be back up to 8 or 9 Mbps. I have a fiber optic service but that does not change anything. I have had Delancer internet for 17 years and the last few months have not been the best service, but I am putting that down to the possibility of so many people online now during COVID.

2 year ago they dropped their prices trying to compete with Claro fiber internet. But as you noted, often their real speed is way less than what you pay for. And when the speedtest shows fast results most of the apps/websites have issues. Looks to me that they have oversold their bandwidth capacity. I am talking about my experience at my location at El Choco rd.