New Software

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
6 Malta Morenos?
I’m diabetic so straight up Tito’s with watermelon ice , but being Canadian I am a gracious host so I have one just for you NSP you can share with Chico he gets cranky at meal time..don’t forget to burp him..

Attachments

• DD4C70A1-B66B-4703-81AA-10E652179BB9.jpeg
    DD4C70A1-B66B-4703-81AA-10E652179BB9.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
there are these options on profile: News Feed , Your Content, Reactions

Then at the top menu there's new posts, etc. Which link are you missing? The new forum software was developed by the same people who developed the old forum software, however the old forum was quite dated and not able to be upgraded and a wide open security risk, and luckily nothing major happened.

View attachment 3025

View attachment 3026

In response to Posting #502 and this one, thank you for the responses, but it is not quite what I was seeking out.

In the older format here within DR1, as well as some of the other web forums I participate in, there was/is a "counter" which tracks your daily (24 hours), weekly (7 day), and monthly (calendar month) post counts.....by number of postings. This does not seem to exist here within this software.

It is not the end of the world if it does not exist, but I always found/find it to be helpful to remain aware when I personally may be posting more than I usually like to, on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to one particular web forum.

Regardless, the new format is still night and day above the archaic former version. Keep up the great work. (y)

Reactions: aarhus
Sep 22, 2009
In response to Posting #502 and this one, thank you for the responses, but it is not quite what I was seeking out.

In the older format here within DR1, as well as some of the other web forums I participate in, there was/is a "counter" which tracks your daily (24 hours), weekly (7 day), and monthly (calendar month) post counts.....by number of postings. This does not seem to exist here within this software.

It is not the end of the world if it does not exist, but I always found/find it to be helpful to remain aware when I personally may be posting more than I usually like to, on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to one particular web forum.

Regardless, the new format is still night and day above the archaic former version. Keep up the great work. (y)
Welcome back

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Caonabo, I would think what you are asking for is possible. We are new with how this forum works. Once the team finds an answer, will let you know.

Reactions: Caonabo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Would it be an idea to post the different news bulletins under the relevant sub forum ? For instance news about Covid-19, Government, sports, gossip etc

Reactions: Auryn and cavok

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Will consider for future.

The Travel News is separate and gets less readership online.

Right now most of the news is government and how the health, economic and education issues are tackled.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Weather for instance is a good example. If in the news you post about a storm it should be under the weather forum so it can be commented and moderated there.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
What happens is that the system is set up to collect the news posts for the newsletter. What is posted in the forums -- which is where the weather forum is -- doesn't get picked up.

Until a better solution, when posting about weather I will re-post in the weather section the link. I think it is better to keep the weather comments together in the forum where there are contantly being updates.

I post about weather in the news to send the readers to the 2020 Hurricane Season thread.

Same thing happens with the coronavirus report. When I have remembered, I have reposted the link in the coronavirus thread. So those following the thread can do so.

People read the news so differently. We still need to learn more about how the forums work. I think we are only using 10% of its capacity. It is rated as the most modern forum software. But one has to learn how to use it.

Reactions: aarhus

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In the news items can the external links be set to open in a new tab so that it doesn't take us away from DR1?