The W Cabarete

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
The resort owners are trying hard to hide the dominican reality from the visitors.
There is also no private room sector, like in Cuba, where tourists can stay in the same house or apartment with the hosts and chat with them ofer a cup of cafecito.
Due to the spread of social media the hiding of ecological disaster will be more difficult each day:
HOY_0014038678-696x462.jpg
This picture represents Cabarete? Cabarete is disgusting. Why would a hotel chain invest there?

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
The resort owners are trying hard to hide the dominican reality from the visitors.
There is also no private room sector, like in Cuba, where tourists can stay in the same house or apartment with the hosts and chat with them ofer a cup of cafecito.
Due to the spread of social media the hiding of ecological disaster will be more difficult each day:
Corona isnt derailing housing starts and values in the USA. A lot of people in this world have money... they are at home thinking of next steps and a sort of Caribean beach area looks appealing to wealthy people especially if the communists win in November
Ocean Dreams like projects will do great in the next couple of years.Corona isnt derailing housing starts and values in the USA. A lot of people in this world have money... they are at home thinking of next steps and a sort of Caribean beach area looks appealing to wealthy people especially if the communists win in November.

As for W, remember a lot of people travel for work and have points through their chain of choice. If you are looking for a free/cheap trip a 1.5 hour flight from Miami and a nice comped hotel in a sports beach like Cabarete is appealing. I'd go !!

Remember how smart people at large companies like Hilton are, they have access to analytics and data that we could only imagine. I am sure "W" will do great !!

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Over the years, significant contamination from local rivers, cruise ship dumping and lots of goodies floating down from Puerto Plata. This is not new news. All you have to do is go for a long swim on a calm day. Sad, yes. Probably better with the national emergency closings.
Just what I thought, a non answer and more lies.. Currents run from East to West. Nothing from Puerto Plata floats into Cabarete.

Now go find more BS garbage pics to post.

Reactions: drstock

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
have you ever driven by a sewage/water treatment facility in the D.R? Have you ever seen a work crew repairing a broken or dated sewer line? Almost NEVER
Again, what is the cause of pollution into Cab waters.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
This pic is not from the DR or anywhere near Cab. And your spouting now about ecological disaster. The only thing transparent here is your level of BS.

Sep 22, 2009
Just what I thought, a non answer and more lies.. Currents run from East to West. Nothing from Puerto Plata floats into Cabarete.

Now go find more BS garbage pics to post.
I understand your position. It is my sincere hope that you be well. May all beings be well.

Status=ignore!

Sep 22, 2009
Corona isnt derailing housing starts and values in the USA. A lot of people in this world have money... they are at home thinking of next steps and a sort of Caribean beach area looks appealing to wealthy people especially if the . communists win in November
Yes I would agree there. The wealthy will always be ok. When I said derailing, that would simply mean a delay as well or temporary halt to plans.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Can you confirm where in Cabarete this photo was taken? I won't go so far as to say it's definitely not Cabarete but I live there and don't recognise it.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
This pic is not from the DR or anywhere near Cab. And your spouting now about ecological disaster. The only thing transparent here is your level of BS.
The picture has been taken from this article. I never said it is from Cabarete as ecological disaster is a global issue and national or provincial borders have little relevance. Another article deals with ecological crime in the La Cienaga sector of Cabarete.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The picture has been taken from this article. I never said it is from Cabarete as ecological disaster is a global issue and national or provincial borders have little relevance. Another article deals with ecological crime in the La Cienaga sector of Cabarete.
A bit disingenuous to post a pic that would make people think it was taken anywhere near Cabarete, which is it was not. The "global issue" is not the topic here.

As far as the corruption that allowed La Cienaga to be built and remain on public wetlands, that is very true. It is also out of sight and out of mind for almost any tourist who visits Cabarete.

Sep 22, 2009
A bit disingenuous to post a pic that would make people think it was taken anywhere near Cabarete, which is it was not. The "global issue" is not the topic here.

As far as the corruption that allowed La Cienaga to be built and remain on public wetlands, that is very true. It is also out of sight and out of mind for almost any tourist who visits Cabarete.
Although not Cab, I have seen garbage atrocities there in my time that would makes rats turn their heads in shame

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
You posted the BS picture and wrote the words "DOMINICAN REALITY" above it.

It is within a thread where people are discussing pollution in Cabarete Bay.

So you are now denying your intention🤥

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020

No idea it was there along with the old 2 or 3 grown over golf holes replete with squatters and shacks.

Much of the farm areas South of the highway is lower, Laguna ish, soft, loamy and mushy wetland.

The stray dog and cat problem in there is also bad.

So a politician was involved with the development of that area what 30+ years ago? Longer?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Can you confirm where in Cabarete this photo was taken? I won't go so far as to say it's definitely not Cabarete but I live there and don't recognise it.

I was going to guess South side of Montellano.