Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I thought the blood test only told you if you have antibodies. If you have those you may not be sick now but were in the past. What are they going to do with someone who has antibodies but may not actually be sick at the time?

I agree, the kids and I got tested twice. First time, blood for antibodies and nasal swab for virus. The second time, a couple days before flying, we only did the nasal swab.

Makes no sense to test for antibodies only for arriving passengers.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I agree, the kids and I got tested twice. First time, blood for antibodies and nasal swab for virus. The second time, a couple days before flying, we only did the nasal swab.

Makes no sense to test for antibodies only for arriving passengers.
where did you get the nasal swab test and got the results back so fast?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
where did you get the nasal swab test and got the results back so fast?

NYC
Beginning of June we got the results in 48h.
The second time was a struggle to get the results on time as they told me it would take at least 7-10 business day due to the great number of people being tested. I specified to the doctor that we needed it for travel and we got them 4-5 days later.
I wasn't asked for anything but it was for peace of mind.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I' m a little confused. The blood test is for antibodies, not necessarily you are infected on arrival with Covid19. You may have been infected in the past. You may have an immunity.Maybe not. So what does this really show them? Will they accept a blood test upon arrival if not older than 5 days or do they want a nasal test?

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I' m a little confused. The blood test is for antibodies, not necessarily you are infected on arrival with Covid19. You may have been infected in the past. You may have an immunity.Maybe not. So what does this really show them? Will they accept a blood test upon arrival if not older than 5 days or do they want a nasal test?
Yep. Just a diagnostic covid test. On your phone or on a piece of paper within 5 days of arrival.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
The National Health Service confirmed that 90 people, including 42 employees from different areas who work at the Nagua Antonio Yapor Heded hospital, tested positive for the coronavirus, out of a total of 100 tests that were performed at the site on July 20.

Among the positive cases, he cited 42 employees, among 7 doctors, 18 nurses and 25 from the administrative area. The rest, 48, of the positive tests correspond to residents of the community who attended the center.

This was confirmed by the deputy director of the National Health Service, doctor Noldis Naut Suberví, when interviewed by Listín Diario. In total, 415 people work at the center.

These are PCR tests, which are those used to determine if the virus is really in the body.

The provincial Dominican Medical College (CMD) had also confirmed the version, assuring that almost all of the tests carried out had been positive.

While the trustee Yunior Peralda, who was also infected with the virus, reiterated the need to intervene and close Nagua, due to the large number of cases in the province, where even bank branches have had to close them, because the staff has been infected, including the branch of laza Ventura Reserve.

The entity is only offering self-services, which is notified to the public in a notice.

Peralta said that the local city council had ordered that the market only open three days a week, but that the provincial health authorities and the police pushed back that measure, arranging to open it every day, which has increased the cases.

Among those killed in the area by Covid-19 are the notary lawyer Pedro Julio Marmolejos, former judge of the Instruction of Nagua, with more than 30 years of service.

While the president of the Municipal Board of Nagua, Jacinto Cuello Niego, and the lawyer Pablo Díaz de León are in critical condition.

• Wow
Reactions: Andre14615

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
COVID19 has an unprecedented range of symptoms from none to total organ necrosis and failure. It has a transmission mechanism that has never been seen before in humans, where it forces cells to grow a tubule and penetrate the walls of nearby cells to spread beyond the reach of the immune system, and it can infect the immune system like HIV. It has an unprecedented inter-species range, so it can harbor in our communities outside of humans.

There are signs that it can remain endemic, and the mortality rate and permanent damage is higher than other endemic diseases. It scares and surprises doctors who worked on HIV, SARS, MERS and Ebola. It has sickened and killed more medical workers than other infections.

From this radical number of "gains of functions" the chances it arose naturally are near zero. OTOH, it was not produced by sequencing or CRISPR, so coronavirus researchers can claim "it was not engineered" just like President Clinton claimed oral sex was not sex.

This means it was A PREDICTABLE ACCIDENT, as if a person drank a bottle of whiskey and then tried to drive a motorcycle down a mountain on a twisty road with black ice every Friday night with saddle bags full of blasting caps.

Reactions: CaribeDigital

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
From this radical number of "gains of functions" the chances it arose naturally are near zero. OTOH, it was not produced by sequencing or CRISPR, so coronavirus researchers can claim "it was not engineered" just like President Clinton claimed oral sex was not sex.

This means it was A PREDICTABLE ACCIDENT, as if a person drank a bottle of whiskey and then tried to drive a motorcycle down a mountain on a twisty road with black ice every Friday night with saddle bags full of blasting caps.

It started out alright then went out of control.

Look at the surveys of sars like viruses in animals to our covid19. They are only a decade apart on the molecular clock. There is no evidence that the virus has been manipulated by humans and Scientists have been warning for years that a coronavirus crossover will happen.

So, you'll need to do better then just internet conspiracy and snarky references to past events. You need evidence.

Reactions: lifeisgreat
Sep 22, 2009
Reactions: KyleMackey

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
It really is. :rolleyes:
Do they know what the mortality rate is in the DR?

1.62%- At this rate, 100,000++ people will die here from Covid. Yes, hyper tension and diabetes are the most common comorbidities.

When will the new daily case counts start to go down. Its 800-1000 new cases daily with very little abatement.

This 45 day curfew is having zero impact. It's a farce.

Testing people at the airport is meaningless as well. I do not see any solution here.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
1.62%- At this rate, 100,000++ people will die here from Covid. Yes, hyper tension and diabetes are the most common comorbidities.

When will the new daily case counts start to go down. Its 800-1000 new cases daily with very little abatement.

This 45 day curfew is having zero impact. It's a farce.

Testing people at the airport is meaningless as well. I do not see any solution here.
Easy to criticize what are you proposing? Especially considering that people acquire only short term immunity and have long term health issues. My 20 year old daughter who is a rowing athlete had it 3 months ago and is now being evaluated for heart damage.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
COVID-19 expansion

As the days go by, coronavirus cases in the Dominican Republic increase. This Wednesday, the Ministry of Public Health reported 1,365 new infections of the pathology, bringing the accumulated number of cases to 75,660. Of this number, 33,777 are active. To date 1,222 people have died from the virus (9 in today's bulletin), putting the case-fatality rate at 1.62%. People who have passed COVID-19 are 40,122.

Sep 22, 2009
COVID-19 expansion

As the days go by, coronavirus cases in the Dominican Republic increase. This Wednesday, the Ministry of Public Health reported 1,365 new infections of the pathology, bringing the accumulated number of cases to 75,660. Of this number, 33,777 are active. To date 1,222 people have died from the virus (9 in today's bulletin), putting the case-fatality rate at 1.62%. People who have passed COVID-19 are 40,122.
What good is cut and paste numbers. The news in this board publishes this info daily. Where are you? No one needs reposting. Cut and paste is really the weakest form of content. Better to post tales of fraud and grand larceny. Like before.

Reactions: jd426 and johne
Status
Not open for further replies.