Sending Docs to Punta Cana

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Does anyone know a reliable service to send docs or packages to Punta Cana?. I've used Caribe Pack for these purposes, but they tell me they don't provide this service for that area.
Thanks!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Does anyone know a reliable service to send docs or packages to Punta Cana?. I've used Caribe Pack for these purposes, but they tell me they don't provide this service for that area.
Thanks!

We just took APTRA from SD-Parque Enriquillo to PC and back. They have a package service inside the waiting area. Given that they always go to PC, I'm almost certain they would send packages there too. I don't know any other details.

Reactions: Aguaita29

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
You don't say where you live so for the sake of convenience have you checked with your local courier depots like CPS, EPS, Encargopak etc? Probably more expensive than by bus but if you don't have a bus going to PC where you live I'm not sure of how you could get a package transferred to a different bus line mid-trip unless you send it to someone by Caribe and they put it on a bus for PC for you.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mail Boxes send to their branch in Jumbo, Bavaro
MetroPac have offices in Cap Cana, Bavaro (Cabeza de Toro crossing) and Friusa

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We just took APTRA from SD-Parque Enriquillo to PC and back. They have a package service inside the waiting area. Given that they always go to PC, I'm almost certain they would send packages there too. I don't know any other details.
Yes, you can use Expreso Bávaro to send to Verón or Friusa but in our experience, they often get it wrong and we have to go all the way to Friusa. Often the fault of the sender who writes 'Punta Cana' or 'Bávaro' as the destination and doesn't know the difference between Verón and Friusa.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Yes, you can use Expreso Bávaro to send to Verón or Friusa but in our experience, they often get it wrong and we have to go all the way to Friusa. Often the fault of the sender who writes 'Punta Cana' or 'Bávaro' as the destination and doesn't know the difference between Verón and Friusa.

Interesting. I would have thought that they just went to one of the 2 PC/Bavaro stations and the recipient would have to pick them up. They actually deliver to your home?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Interesting. I would have thought that they just went to one of the 2 PC/Bavaro stations and the recipient would have to pick them up. They actually deliver to your home?
We have to pick them up from the station, but as people who are not familiar with the area don't know where the stations are, they address the package to 'Punta Cana' or 'Bávaro' and as Friusa is the final stop the packages that don't specify 'Verón' get unloaded there and it's a longish drive if you are in Cap Cana or Punta Cana.

The address format should be:
Name of recipient
Location of office
Phone number of recipient

MetroPac Cap Cana also has a messenger service that will deliver all the way to your home for an extra cost. No idea if the Bávaro and Fruisa offices offer that service as well.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I was wondering if there is a services to send documents to homes in sosua from Puerto Plata. I see big lineups some times ar caribeexpress

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Come on over to Sosua. Have lunch on the beach or we could recommend a good place downtown. Don't stop in Puerto Plata, come all the way. :) Blatant vested self interest at play here.

Reactions: Drperson

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
You don't say where you live so for the sake of convenience have you checked with your local courier depots like CPS, EPS, Encargopak etc? Probably more expensive than by bus but if you don't have a bus going to PC where you live I'm not sure of how you could get a package transferred to a different bus line mid-trip unless you send it to someone by Caribe and they put it on a bus for PC for you.
Santo Domingo-Punta Cana

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Good to know.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (103).png
    Captura de pantalla (103).png
    146.9 KB · Views: 179

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Come on over to Sosua. Have lunch on the beach or we could recommend a good place downtown. Don't stop in Puerto Plata, come all the way. :) Blatant vested self interest at play here.
Where would you recommend a good place downtown that has free beer?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm not much of one to hang out in bars and restaurants these days. Still trying to stay covid free. There is no place to get treated if you get sick. I would suggest a cold beer from playero procured by a grateful customer and then drinking it under a shade tree nearby maintaining physical distance.