B+ blood needed

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hi. My wife's grandmother is in need of B+ blood.
She's currently in the Montelano clinic.
They've been searching for two days now.
Anyone have and can donate it would be greatly appreciated.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Sir, due to Covid19 protocols, donations are not readily accepted as such currently.
I understand this is hard to bear, but I recently went through this with an employee of mine.
It took me a mountain and a quarter to find blood in Barahona that needed to be transported across the nation.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sir, due to Covid19 protocols, donations are not readily accepted as such currently.
I understand this is hard to bear, but I recently went through this with an employee of mine.
It took me a mountain and a quarter to find blood in Barahona that needed to be transported across the nation.
Just took our gardener 8 days to get enough blood for his daughters hip operation.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Mr. Bob, what type of blood was needed for that procedure?
I don't know but out of 11 family members only two were considered eligible as donators. She had successful surgery yesterday. Two fifteen girls riding a moto and got hit by a jeepeta, lucky nobody killed but the father was pretty pissed at the mother for letting her ride the moto. The girl will have scars to remember her stupidity for the rest of her life. Hopeful she learned a lesson.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I don't know but out of 11 family members only two were considered eligible as donators. She had successful surgery yesterday. Two fifteen girls riding a moto and got hit by a jeepeta, lucky nobody killed but the father was pretty pissed at the mother for letting her ride the moto. The girl will have scars to remember her stupidity for the rest of her life. Hopeful she learned a lesson.

Are outlets in your region currently accepting donators? If so, what is the turnaround for availability to the patient?

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Hi. My wife's grandmother is in need of B+ blood.
She's currently in the Montelano clinic.
They've been searching for two days now.
Anyone have and can donate it would be greatly appreciated.

If I was in your situation, I would contact in order.. US consulate, American Red Cross, and US CDC. Of course, It's not clear if the grandmother is American.. I wish you and your family well..

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Here is a chart of which types of blood your wife's grandmother can safety use.
If she is B+ she can receive both types of B and O. Good luck to her.

1597249354172.png

Reactions: jstarebel

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Here is a chart of which types of blood your wife's grandmother can safety use.
If she is B+ she can receive both types of B and O. Good luck to her.

View attachment 3130

Although a nice starting point, it is not set in stone. The blood will still have to be tested alone, and determined if it is compatible to the respective patient. If not, and administered, the results could be fatal.
It is not an easy process.
I recently went through this with an employee. Very frustrating to say the least.
Something all foreigners should consider before relocating to the RD for keeps.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Although a nice starting point, it is not set in stone. The blood will still have to be tested alone, and determined if it is compatible to the respective patient. If not, and administered, the results could be fatal.
I recently went through this with an employee. Very frustrating to say the least.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005

Thank you Melphis - it's a tricky one for sure.
When I was living there and I'm B+ it was a chore to find.
There are some others with B+ but either have high cholesterol or been drinking too much.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Thank you Melphis - it's a tricky one for sure.
When I was living there and I'm B+ it was a chore to find.
There are some others with B+ but either have high cholesterol or been drinking too much.
My wife carries that chart with us in case we find ourselves in an emergency situation. If I am in need of blood I am totally OK if it already has alcohol in it. The other stuff not so good with but its one of those things where you kinda have to take what you can get.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
jrf, good job by you and yours, and I hope the patient recovers speedily.
Was it a private clinic or banca de sangre?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
jrf, good job by you and yours, and I hope the patient recovers speedily.
Was it a private clinic or banca de sangre?
Thank you. Improving already.
Was a private clinic. In case anyone else is in need I can find out which one.

Reactions: Caonabo