Rum....

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It has rum on the label. How bad can it be Seriously how bad?
I bought a bottle of god knows what kinda of rum in Montana a few years ago. 1.75 liter bottle for 10.00 USD. It was not the greatest rum I ever had but after a few with coke it went down (and stayed down) quite well.
There are some seriously bad rums out there. Columbus comes to mind. Both the Blanco and the Añejo. Can something aged for seven years wind up tasting so bad.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
E. León Jimenes 110 Anniversario.

6000 pesos per bottle(boxed) if you know how to buy it.

Limited annual production and all bottles are numbered.

Case closed.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have always enjoyed rum but never paid attention much to distilling practices. I have developed a interest for rums without added sugar. Just to make the comparison. But I find that many rums are not imported to the Dominican Republic like Foursquare. Rum Rum Barbancourt 8 is right next door but I have never seen it any outlets I frequent. Ron Abuelo (both 8 and 12) rocks and you can find it here but it is expensive (in my opinion) for rum and I have a bottle already in another location so I have not felt the need to purchase one here in the DR. Flor de Caña is another one that I have not been able to find. I hit three locations. Struck out!
Thank you for the list!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bacoo

well..... I bought a bottle - 8 yr bottle....$26

Not Leyenda for sure
I think I prefer the Kirk & Sweeney... which I have found in NY state for under $30.....$28/29

I'll be there next.....

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Vegas...Leyenda might be too sweet for youi but try it at a bar or something to see
Saves you splurging on a bottle - 1,000DOP
Warning Will Webster ‼ READ carefully
Leyenda is sweet sweet rum that I enjoy on a hot weekend afternoon or at the beach with just a small ice cube to cool it down and open it up a bit. I keep a bottle on my shelf at all times. My new goto sipper is Relicario Superior. Lots of flavor and it does not break the bank. My everyday sipper is Bermudez 1852. My favorite ron dominicano of all time is 1888 before they changed the formula. It is no longer available and I only have a pour or two more before it's all gone.
And I might add I have never met a Chica that has not liked it. ;)

Brugal Leyenda700 ml860 DOP$16.14Ron Depot

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Vegas...

Leyenda might be too sweet for youi but try it at a bar or something to see
Saves you splurging on a bottle - 1,000DOP

Agreed.. It's the perfect sipping Rum. Room Temperature neat. I like Flor de Caña and Plantation Barbados rum too, but I'm hooked on Leyenda after trying it. I like the price too..

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Agreed.. It's the perfect sipping Rum. Room Temperature neat. I like Flor de Caña and Plantation Barbados rum too, but I'm hooked on Leyenda after trying it. I like the price too..
It is an exceptional rum Leyenda for the price. Very high on rumratings site and on my personal taste buds.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ok - My Bacoo is getting low..

On the shelf below Bacoo in my booze joint was one I had never seen -

I bought the vanilla - absolutely excellent
Mind you I'll be mixing it w/ my house blend....
The Vanilla might be sweet for some but cutting it w/ regular rum really works

Coffee and fruit flavors are available

I paid $25.....in NY state

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Bermudez 1852 is my favorite everyday sipper. It has that bite that whiskey does. Not sweet. Flavorful.
I hit it straight, no ice, no water, no chase.
Bermudez 1852700 ml625$11.73Ron Depot

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A new Rum from Barcelo
----------------------------------------------------------------

Barceló rum brand has launched Organic, the first rum where all ingredients are from natural sources. The sugarcane used for Organic rum is grown without synthetic chemicals, fertilizers or pesticides.

The packaging is eco-friendly, made from vegetable fiber extracted from bagasse, a by-product of sugarcane.

To produce Organic, Barceló set aside a sugarcane plantation of only 1.5 km2 near the distillery. The rum is aged in select oak wood barrels of a mixture of different ages. The production is only of 39,670 cases per year. Barceló says this gives the rum an intense amber color and subtle notes of cocoa, tobacco leaves, fleshy fruits and pink pepper.

Vinicio Subero, global director of Business & Supply Chain for Ron Barceló, the launch of Barceló Organic is a new step in the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability and the production of the highest quality products and the satisfaction of the increasingly demanding needs of its consumers.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I’ve not much of a Rum guy, but have you tried “Punta Cana” rum? It’s supposed to be great. I haven’t tried it but I gave a bottle to my boss as a gift. I gotta check on him to see if he liked it.
I just finished a bottle of:
Esplendido-PuntaCana Club Ron
After I bought the bottle I read a review that said:
"A completely forgettable ron"
I agree with that reviewer.
Could only finish the bottle using it as a mixer in my ron punch.
And even then it didn't taste right.
By Oliver & Oliver
76 Proof
No re-up
🥃 🥃
Punta Cana Esplendido700 ml1210$20.81Ron Depot

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Has anyone seen the new Organic in stores?
I have ‼️
I saw it in Licormart located on Kennedy next to Galaria360.
A new Rum from Barcelo
----------------------------------------------------------------
Barceló rum brand has launched Organic, the first rum where all ingredients are from natural sources. The sugarcane used for Organic rum is grown without synthetic chemicals, fertilizers or pesticides.

The packaging is eco-friendly, made from vegetable fiber extracted from bagasse, a by-product of sugarcane.

To produce Organic, Barceló set aside a sugarcane plantation of only 1.5 km2 near the distillery. The rum is aged in select oak wood barrels of a mixture of different ages. The production is only of 39,670 cases per year. Barceló says this gives the rum an intense amber color and subtle notes of cocoa, tobacco leaves, fleshy fruits and pink pepper.
Vinicio Subero, global director of Business & Supply Chain for Ron Barceló, the launch of Barceló Organic is a new step in the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability and the production of the highest quality products and the satisfaction of the increasingly demanding needs of its consumers.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Another Guatamalan rum to be on the look for is Colonial. Similar to Zacapa but half the price. Its a good one.. try it.