Next minister of Interior & Police says government will apply the law

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They are cracking down. I left yesterday and had to pay $2500DOP to leave after staying since January 8.

Seriously, I was ready to pay 4000, but she only asked fo 2500.
On one web site they gave the fee schedule in peso and dollars. When you use the exchange rate of 58 DOP it's not even close to the number they have posted.
Could that be the reason?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Why? The few dollars that snowbirds spend in their AirBnB's, which themselves also usually don't pay tax, aren't going to sway Dominican migration policy, when the much bigger issue is the huge number of illegal Venezuelans and Haitians taking Dominican jobs, now more than ever with the pandemic and all the unemployment is has created.

Can't figure out why?
It is because the afore mentioned countries have stringent immigration laws.
The RD so far has not.
It is also why why most Dominican citizens will never leave the island- visas needed for most countries- because of previous wrong doings.

The same goes with all laws in the RD.
They depend which official, immigration, judge, police you deal with and how much you pay.
This is also why murderers in the RD are often related prior to serving a full sentence.
Are you feigning ignorance about existing conditions in the RD, thought you had spend a while there.

How are illegal overstays administered right now?
Dancing limbo?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I would then question your observation skills.
Question them all you like Bob. Do you not realize what you seen does not invalidate what I have seen?

I have never seek a Dominican seven floor up. Standing on a small ledge. Painting with no safety equipment at all. Now you can write back that you have seen it. Does that invalidate what I have seen? On construction sites I have observed a strict caste order. Haitians doing the heavy lifting. Dominicans not so much.

I get my eyes checked every year Bob. 20/20 in both eyes. If YOU need a reference to a good eye doctor her in Santo Domingo. I got one for ya Bob.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I don't see it. If anything, it's either just an error on her part or forgiveness because of the Wuhan flu.
What is the "Wuhan flu". Do you mean COVID-19❓And why would she give you forgiveness if you were sick? Because were living the country? Help me out my man. I am clueless on this subject. There is that word again.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Britain has a good relationship with the US, but if a British national goes to the US on a tourist visa and overstays, the US government deports them and the same is true the other way around. Applying immigration law doesn't sour international relations. If the DR were to deport those who overstayed, don't think any foreign government would bat an eyelid.
both countries have a GDP a thousand times more than the D.R and dont rely on tourism like the D.R does

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
both countries have a GDP a thousand times more than the D.R and dont rely on tourism like the D.R does
Then, you are suggesting no laws? Remember , sometimes it seems we live in a "lawless society" but that's not the case. We all live in a society based on laws. Whether those laws are applied correctly is another case and that is what this tread is all about.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Personally, I think tourists would be more impressed that we DO follow laws than not.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What is the "Wuhan flu". Do you mean COVID-19❓And why would she give you forgiveness if you were sick? Because were living the country? Help me out my man. I am clueless on this subject. There is that word again.

The Wuhan flu is called that because it’s from Wuhan. And I didn’t say I was sick, just exiting the country.

Reactions: Big and Caonabo

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
We all live in a society based on laws. Whether those laws are applied correctly is another case and that is what this tread is all about.
The current administration will decide if the laws of the Dominican Republic are being applied correctly and in alignment with the policy objectives they wish to achieve.

Are you telling me that you are in the position to decide if the laws of the Dominican Republic are being applied correctly or not?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The Wuhan flu is called that because it’s from Wuhan. And I didn’t say I was sick, just exiting the country.
You call it the Wuhan flu along with a few other individuals posting here on DR1. Why do you do that?

Any idea why you received the discount?
Are you a good flirt?
Did you give her a wink and a smile with a promise of something more when you get back?
🤣

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Personally, I think tourists would be more impressed that we DO follow laws than not.
Well then it is a good thing tourists, nor the government of the Dominican Republic care about what you think.

When a tourist overstays and pays the overstay fee to leave they have satisfied the requirements of the Dominican Republic. True or False?

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Well then it is a good thing tourists, nor the government of the Dominican Republic care about what you think.

When a tourist overstays and pays the overstay fee to leave they have satisfied the requirements of the Dominican Republic. True or False?
exactly.
it is solely the DR governemnt's decision how to handle their laws in practice.
in case of the Immigrations Law the DR government handles the portion related to overstaying Tourists in the easy and lax way to cash a overstay fee, nothing more.
that's solely the DR government's decision and it is NOTany Wrong applying of any law, it IS the correct handling of the Government of their Law for a certain group of touristy visitors, which are a welcomecrowd and the government sure has no intention to be bad against that welcome crowd, hence the long time ago implementation of the Overstaying Fees for Touristy Overstayers.
forthe ones who wanna stay legal in the DR longer than30 days, the same government has in place the possibility to extend the 30 days tourist card for up to 120days total, easily done online, same cheap as paying the overstay fees, but with the advantag that such visitor stay's Legal all his/her time in DR territory with the advantages that the travelers medical and other insurances and such things stay valid during the whole 120 days stay etc.

but there is No Wrongful Handling of any law done by the government, because the way the government handles any law, by implementing regulations/fees etc, is always a Right way.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Then, you are suggesting no laws? Remember , sometimes it seems we live in a "lawless society" but that's not the case. We all live in a society based on laws. Whether those laws are applied correctly is another case and that is what this tread is all about.
yea right! Deport people that come to this country with pockets full of cash spending money in restaurants on apartments and everything in between. Smart move!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You call it the Wuhan flu along with a few other individuals posting here on DR1. Why do you do that?

Any idea why you received the discount?
Are you a good flirt?
Did you give her a wink and a smile with a promise of something more when you get back?
🤣

Actually, I call it the China Virus. Same significance.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The current administration will decide if the laws of the Dominican Republic are being applied correctly and in alignment with the policy objectives they wish to achieve.

Are you telling me that you are in the position to decide if the laws of the Dominican Republic are being applied correctly or not?
Is that what I said or you still throwing a hussy fit that I didn't think you were a seasoned investor? LOL BTW you have brought the up about three times already.
Have a good day my man and put your gloves away. I have no skin in this game.Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.