What will it take to end the curfew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As we see the now seemingly endless extensions of the curfew, we don't see any explanations as to what it would take to end those restrictions.

What will it take to end the curfew and restrictions?

I personally see this going on and on and on for at least a year if not longer. SOE after SOE.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I just drove the Malecon in POP and can confirm that there are no cars parked on either side. Obviously the businesses had a fraction of the customers as usual. Some of the side streets had quite a few cars and the car wash area on the far west side was full but there were plenty of P.N. and 2 tow trucks right there appearing to be considering taking those vehicles.
This could very. well be the last nail in the coffin for many of those businesses. Considering the small number of fatalities associated with the Wuhan Virus (and many of those I would question if the person died WITH or FROM the virus the Government is opting for a much slower death for the population.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think defiance is coming. People that are out of the main areas are already drinking in the streets until late at night and this includes some police in uniform.
After November the political reasons to keep the economies crushed will be gone and the rest of the world will slowly relax as the western countries do.
And we will be alright - life will go on and those who want to be first in line for a vaccine won't have to shove me out of the way to be a guinea pig

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I just drove the Malecon in POP and can confirm that there are no cars parked on either side. Obviously the businesses had a fraction of the customers as usual. Some of the side streets had quite a few cars and the car wash area on the far west side was full but there were plenty of P.N. and 2 tow trucks right there appearing to be considering taking those vehicles.
This could very. well be the last nail in the coffin for many of those businesses. Considering the small number of fatalities associated with the Wuhan Virus (and many of those I would question if the person died WITH or FROM the virus the Government is opting for a much slower death for the population.

Well yes, business may fail and people will go hungry and maybe homeless. But look on the bright side, those who are afraid are 1.7% less afraid now!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
With maybe a bit of civil unrest thrown in.

I do not advocate violence, nor civil unrest, but yes, we are currently on a very dangerous path towards such.
Those continuing to call for, and advocate further restrictive measures on the populace have no idea what they are calling for, as they sit masked in their recliners, and await the next direct deposit of their pensions, dividends and trusts.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Nobody wants to mention what happens if this curfew extends into the Navidad season.
Remember, we start celebrating earlier here than other regions. It's not that far off.

Reactions: CristoRey

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I do not advocate violence, nor civil unrest, but yes, we are currently on a very dangerous path towards such.
Those continuing to call for, and advocate further restrictive measures on the populace have no idea what they are calling for, as they sit masked in their recliners, and await the next direct deposit of their pensions, dividends and trusts.

That is exactly what concerns me. I too don't condone violence but it's inevitable on the road we're going. Look at the USA. The wealth gap and its perception is driving violence. Perception is everything.

Reactions: wayne

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
That is exactly what concerns me. I too don't condone violence but it's inevitable on the road we're going. Look at the USA. The wealth gap and its perception is driving violence. Perception is everything.

Yes, this wealth gap you mention, expanded to a degree.
The RD working class is witnessing these restrictions placed upon them since six months, while foreigners are catered to and fawned over.
Right here in this very web forum community, there are several thread lines where we have many participants who yearn for the openings of several north coastal businesses, but yet these very same persons want to see continued draconian measures placed upon Dominicans trying to support their families, and enjoy their lives.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I think officially the govt is looking for a significant drop in the infection rate. It will not be the current curfew protocol that makes this happen so curfews are here to stay as long as the govt has a reason to maintain them.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From what I hear reported to me... I am out of country....until next week

Apart from - outside the tourist zones - life is thriving.
Business done before curfew, people active.... and home at nights.

And we seem to see the virus rate dropping slightly..

Don't argue with it......

Lyrics from Jim Croce

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

or Abinader.... for that matter

Reactions: ramesses

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
How many nationwide curfews were in place while El Generalissimo was in control of the nation?
Was there ever a mask wearing policy, aside from costume parties, during the reign of El Benefactor?
Persons can rely on their numerical analysis and scientific data all they want.
I'm telling you what the average person is discussing in real time here within RD.

Reactions: wayne

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Will the curfew be lifted for December 31st, New Year's Eve?
It does fall on a Thursday this year. Perhaps we can stay out until 7pm. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think -
The ex-pats have a responsibility here.... not to bitch
but to assist - to educate- to help those who don't understand how to live with, to cope with this problem

We are better educated, more stable financially.... plenty of pluses

Get active - proactive.......... DO SOMETHING!!!!

besides preach...........

Sorry for preaching ---- hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Status
Not open for further replies.