EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
it’s not your fault your bitter old man with venom for blood..ALL LIVES MATTER:cool:

You are correct. I guess the speculation of a second round of Covid coming soon is getting the better of me.
I will resume my distance walks effective today, in search of calmer reasoning methods.
Hoperfully those within the northern entities of this country will have their conflicts with Edenorte resolved soon.
Have a beautiful day.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never mentioned street names.
I stated correct addresses.
This forum has been in existence for more than 20 years, I can understand new members within not understanding.......but those 'experts' that have been here for years? Please.
New members. New persons to the RD are more than welcome, and there are persons within to help you.
Those that have been sitting here for years, and can not even say hello to their neighbor in the native language of the country.....not so much.
Most people I know are familiar with using street names and a property number/apartment number to identify locations, unlike where I live. I just describe where we are (in Spanish). Somehow they find us.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Sooo happy that this thread is back on track. It Might haved served a purpose and provided important information.

But the... never mind. Staying on topic is totally beyond most.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Sooo happy that this thread is back on track. It Might haved served a purpose and provided important information.

Do you rely on Edenorte for anything at all, or is your operation completely off the grid?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I guess there have not been many power outages. When they happen, people will probably mention them.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Parts of Sosua serviced by the Sosu103 circuit are scheduled for a power outage This coming Thursday 10:00-16:00.

Los Cerros de Sosúa, Charamicos, Pueblo Nuevo, Playa de Sosúa, Reparto Tavárez, Club Náutico, Los Llibre, Estación Bombeo Sosúa, Terra Mar State.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Parts of Sosua serviced by the Sosu103 circuit are scheduled for a power outage This coming Thursday 10:00-16:00.

Los Cerros de Sosúa, Charamicos, Pueblo Nuevo, Playa de Sosúa, Reparto Tavárez, Club Náutico, Los Llibre, Estación Bombeo Sosúa, Terra Mar State.
Great - It seems this area is out at least once for 4 hours per week, they obviously have issues sending out multiple crews to fix more than one issue per outage, and hot work is not an option for the untrained line crews

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Again Edenorte has chosen not to publish a maintenance schedule for next week on their website. Unless one shows up between now and the beginning of the work week I guess you can say we are all in the dark. If anyone comes across info on upcoming outages, or sees the current outage schedule please speak up.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Perhaps Edenorte won't be doing any "maintenance" outages next week. They never seem to help anyway.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Their schedules are usually a little off when it comes to the time that power will be restored, but they are usually right on when it comes to the time the power is to be cut. I prefer to know in advance that it is coming rather than be surprised by the cut. It's always nice to know about how long it will be out so you can manage your battery power. Six hours no problem, don't have to unplug the fridge.

When you don't know it's usually a long uncertain wait and a surprise at both ends of the time frame.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Power out on CABT102 circuit, if not others as well, starting about 9:35 AM September 13

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Edenorte seems to have had some success. Power is back on in the CMC area of Sosua at least.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Power was out for me too for a couple of hours (Sabaneta de Yasica) and just come on at approx 11.30 am

Unsure of our circuit number at the moment!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Might be shaping up to be one of those days. Power is back on for me and the outdoor boom box has started up again.