Interested in House or apt to rent in Colonial Zone for Christmas.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I want to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the Capital. Any recommendation where to stay? Im thinking Colonial Zone. Your thoughts please.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Airbnb only shows one apartment available for those dates at $48 per night. Would you be open to Boutique Hotels?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There are some really nice Boutique Hotels as Auryn mentioned. We tried 2 different ones when we renewed our residency a couple of years ago (sorry but I don't recall the names). I would suggest google the area and look at a few of them. Another suggestion would be the malecon in Santo Domingo. At the time it really rocked at night. I have no idea what will happen in either place this year with curfew and covid.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yep. I stayed in one a few years back. Bellini. Thinking of that one again.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There are some really nice Boutique Hotels as Auryn mentioned. We tried 2 different ones when we renewed our residency a couple of years ago (sorry but I don't recall the names). I would suggest google the area and look at a few of them. Another suggestion would be the malecon in Santo Domingo. At the time it really rocked at night. I have no idea what will happen in either place this year with curfew and covid.
It will be fine. We just want a break from the beach and enjoy some of the Christmas festivities. Anyone know which cathedral to celebrate mass?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It will be fine. We just want a break from the beach and enjoy some of the Christmas festivities. Anyone know which cathedral to celebrate mass?
Go to the big church.... oldest one in the New World... right there in ZC

I think Chris Columbus' brother is buried there

Reactions: NanSanPedro

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OMG! Such wonderful recommendations! Fabulous. . . many thanks. I'll let you know as we get closer where I'm staying and if you're in the neighborhood the holiday drink is on me.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Think what you are looking for is: Basilica Cathedral of Santa María la Menor

English: Cathedral of Santa María la Menor

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I want to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the Capital. Any recommendation where to stay? Im thinking Colonial Zone. Your thoughts please.

I’ll also recommend Casa Sánchez, lovely colonial home converted into a boutique hotel. We spent one New Years Eve there. Location is great, very short walk to El Conde. Excellent staff, and its owner posts here.

Reactions: Caonabo