Promoting My Own Youtube Channel About The DR

potus

Dec 27, 2015
You continue to make great progress with your videos. The subject matters are truly interesting, and your enthusiasm is telling.
Great contributions to this web forum. Keep up the good work. (y)🇩🇴
Thank you very much, your positive feedback is tremendously appreciated.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Yes indeed......and please excuse my curse word.........the fat guy you saw at the entrance was begging so agressively and actually tried to touch me and get in my way.......he came close to serious trouble.......(yellowish shirt....orange back pack)......otherwise all was really flawless and surprisingly positive. Also, I just want to add that the encounter took place outside the installation on the sidewalk, not inside at all.

You were really able to control your composure, and rebound quickly. All within one second's time. That is purely incredible.

Reactions: dulce and potus

potus

Dec 27, 2015
You were really able to control your composure, and rebound quickly. All within one second's time. That is purely incredible.
Well, here is the thing.....I live here now for 20 plus years and not many things get under my skin anymore.......It takes me a couple of mins to sync the Gimbal and Camera and the whole time he kept bugging me......When he noticed that I was almost on my way he kicked it up a couple of noches......That was when I got upset, hence the cursing. I thought of editing it out, but however, it is reality.....I believe in no other video have I used bad language since I pride myself on being in command of an extensive vocabulary.....But sometimes: Nothing fits the situation better.

Reactions: PCMike and Caonabo

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

BEACH DAY/DIA EN LA PLAYA/STRANDTAG DOMINICAN REPUBLIC REPUBLICA DOMINICANA DOMINIKANISCHE REPUBLIK

Thank you again for the more complete video of Juan Dolio. As I told you before I lived there after I left Santo Domingo. It is a completely different town than what I lived in. Keep in mind I was there in the late 90's and early 2000's.
When I was there it was a resort town. Actually the street( Calle Blvd.) was dirt when I moved there. The sides of the streets were still covered with overgrowth, The horses from the cane fields walked freely on the streets to feed. The chickens ran wild. They were only talking about building condos when I left.
Quite frankly I prefer the old JD better. The beach looks improved now. I always had apartments on the other side of the street. If I lived there now I would have no view. Also, I liked it when the resorts were there. I enjoyed meeting people from different countries. I don't think the growth has helped the economy of JD. Lots of jobs lost. Not really high occupancy of the condos and restaurants closing. Such is progress I guess.
Enough of my opinion. I really do appreciate your video to show all of the changes.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Thank you again for the more complete video of Juan Dolio. As I told you before I lived there after I left Santo Domingo. It is a completely different town than what I lived in. Keep in mind I was there in the late 90's and early 2000's.
When I was there it was a resort town. Actually the street( Calle Blvd.) was dirt when I moved there. The sides of the streets were still covered with overgrowth, The horses from the cane fields walked freely on the streets to feed. The chickens ran wild. They were only talking about building condos when I left.
Quite frankly I prefer the old JD better. The beach looks improved now. I always had apartments on the other side of the street. If I lived there now I would have no view. Also, I liked it when the resorts were there. I enjoyed meeting people from different countries. I don't think the growth has helped the economy of JD. Lots of jobs lost. Not really high occupancy of the condos and restaurants closing. Such is progress I guess.
Enough of my opinion. I really do appreciate your video to show all of the changes.

Thank you Dulce.....If you could also leave a comment right on youtube it would assist me with the almighty Algorythm.......Thank you.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Good video - thanks! I have never heard "un chin chin" for "a little". People that I know just say "un chin". "A-ce" for detergent just comes from the brand name (Ace) I think, much as toothpaste is called "Col-ga-te" (Colgate) here.

Reactions: potus

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Good video - thanks! I have never heard "un chin chin" for "a little". People that I know just say "un chin". "A-ce" for detergent just comes from the brand name (Ace) I think, much as toothpaste is called "Col-ga-te" (Colgate) here.
Thank you very much. Yes indeed, there are many names all over the world that origin from a Brand......Razorblade here is Gillette or Hoover is a Vacuum Cleaner in the UK............

potus

Dec 27, 2015

HUNT FOR BATATA / AUTOPISTA DUARTE FROM SANTO DOMINGO TOWARDS BONAO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

NEWS FROM AN UNDERGROUND BUNKER AT AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, RUMORED TO BE HIDDEN AWAY SOMEWHERE IN THE CARIBBEAN!
VIEW, LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND SHARE.....

For any concerns, business inquiry, please contact us at:
Email: jordan.maxwell91123@gmail.com

potus

Dec 27, 2015
ttps://youtu.be/k6s6YTfunUs

ZONA COLONIAL WITHOUT TOURISTS DUE TO COVID 19, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Not A single foreign tourist spotted in hours of walking around.

The Alcázar de Colón, or Columbus Alcazar, located in Santo Domingo's Ciudad Colonial, Dominican Republic, and forms part of the Ciudad Colonial UNESCO's World Heritage Site. It is the only known residence of a member of the Christopher Columbus's family, his first-born son Diego Columbus. Wikipedia

Located in: Alcázar de Don Diego Colón

Address: Plaza de España, Calle La Atarazana 2, Santo Domingo 10212

Hours:

Open
â‹… Closes 5PM

Phone: (809) 960-9371

Part of: Ciudad Colonial

UNESCO World Heritage Site inscription: 1990

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I love the vibes of the past in Zona Colonial, when visiting SD I always stay there. Your video brings back good memories.

Nice post!

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I love the vibes of the past in Zona Colonial, when visiting SD I always stay there. Your video brings back good memories.

Nice post!
Thank you...your comments are tremedously appreciated. Just as a side note, it would help also if any comments would be posted directly on Youtube...it helps with the struggle with nthe Algorithm.....Thank you.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Thank you...your comments are tremedously appreciated. Just as a side note, it would help also if any comments would be posted directly on Youtube...it helps with the struggle with nthe Algorithm.....Thank you.
Ok, I hate the Algorithm’s. Tried to comment on Youtube but did not have the patience to figure how I could do that and still keep my privacy. How do you comment Anonymous? I do not want the Algorithm’s haunt me.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Ok, I hate the Algorithm’s. Tried to comment on Youtube but did not have the patience to figure how I could do that and still keep my privacy. How do you comment Anonymous? I do not want the Algorithm’s haunt me.

Understood, no concern. Thank you for trying.

Reactions: etolw

potus

Dec 27, 2015

BARRIO CHINO/CHINATOWN; SANTO DOMINGO, REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Overview

Chinatown of Santo Domingo is a multicultural space promoted by the Fundacion Flower for All to strengthen the cultural, social and commercial exchange between Dominicans and Chinese . Available for domestic and foreign tourists.

NEWS FROM AN UNDERGROUND BUNKER AT AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, RUMORED TO BE HIDDEN AWAY SOMEWHERE IN THE CARIBBEAN!
VIEW, LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND SHARE.....
STAY STRONG! STAY BRAVE! STAY POSITIVE!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

For any concerns, business inquiry, please contact us at:
Email: jordan.maxwell91123@gmail.com

potus

Dec 27, 2015

PRODUCTS FROM CHINATOWN, SANTO DOMINGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Overview

Chinatown of Santo Domingo is a multicultural space promoted by the Fundacion Flower for All to strengthen the cultural, social and commercial exchange between Dominicans and Chinese . Available for domestic and foreign tourists.

One of only two Chinatowns in the Caribbean, completed in 2008, Santo Domingo’s Barrio Chino is located directly north of the Colonial City. Signature Chinese gates mark the start and end of the neighborhood, running principally along Avenida Duarte, and stretching across Mexico, Mella, and Benito González avenues. Sculptures of key Chinese figures dot the streets, from a monk to life-size lions. The city’s most authentic Chinese restaurants are found here, as well as multiple Chinese grocery stores, a street vegetable market every Sunday, and other local shops selling clothing to housewares. The neighborhood’s unique Chinese-Caribbean pulse is worth experiencing.